933 users online (167 members and 766 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 854
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    185
    I hear (inaudible...people taking pictures of us all the time) then response "it's normal in this ...inaudible)

    Moo

    Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    868
    ..or so it appears.. ...

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    868
    Mods- am I posting too much? dont want to be posting every tiny insignificant tweet .
    ..or so it appears.. ...

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by kittythehare View Post
    Mods- am I posting too much? dont want to be posting every tiny insignificant tweet .
    Hope not. I'd know nothing of Twitter reports if it wasn't for your posting 😊quicker feed for updates.

    Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Be true View Post
    Hope not. I'd know nothing of Twitter reports if it wasn't for your posting quicker feed for updates.

    Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
    Theres no real info though.. They're just walking, not killing!
    I am pretty surprised at amount of coverage its receiving.. we have been pretty starved for information and I hate taking it off media sources only...
    Gimme court files and documents and I'm a lot happier and have something real to chew and sleuth.. this way am just having to check and double check reputations of sources etc.
    But its just day 1. Coverage may not continue at this rate at all.
    I remember following closely the charleston church murder trials and there were a handful of excellent journos live tweeting and doing tv interviews in between.. but everybody remarked that there was too little of it.
    People were surprised.
    was an extraordinarily quick verdict in Roof trial. The quickest ever I think..
    But, public interest had waned considerably by then.
    ..or so it appears.. ...

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    868
    No sorry, I couldn't get it to play for me, have v poor internet, cant use a smartphone. and live in a forest.. its dire.
    ..or so it appears.. ...

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    347
    Is anyone else following Michael Hewlett on Twitter? https://twitter.com/mhewlettwsj?lang=en

    It certainly gives insight as to why his editorials are so ropey!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by kittythehare View Post
    I am pretty surprised at amount of coverage its receiving.. we have been pretty starved for information and I hate taking it off media sources only...
    This is probably because Irish media will report a crime, but then may not cover speculative details of cases yet to be adjudicated in Irish courts in case they prejudice the case. I'm not sure if this legality applies to court-cases outside of Ireland, but I suppose the same ethical argument would apply. Typically the Irish media kick into gear again during the court case so we will see a resurgence of reporting on court proceedings.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    Is anyone else following Michael Hewlett on Twitter? https://twitter.com/mhewlettwsj?lang=en

    It certainly gives insight as to why his editorials are so ropey!
    No, occasionally glance there but he has little credibility, v few followers and a/c since 2010.
    His reporting is biased so only time i RT him is to call him out on that. Small town, small mind.
    ..or so it appears.. ...

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    Is anyone else following Michael Hewlett on Twitter? https://twitter.com/mhewlettwsj?lang=en

    It certainly gives insight as to why his editorials are so ropey!
    Not a word about prosecution at all ? Can see what you mean.

    Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    347
    https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII?...son-Corbett-1#

    Voluntary Manslaughter charges dropped....charged with second degree murder ONLY!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII?...son-Corbett-1#

    Voluntary Manslaughter charges dropped....charged with second degree murder ONLY!
    only one chance- means they will likely walk.
    Not good. need a legal analysis under NC law if anybody up for it?
    ..or so it appears.. ...

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic-lady View Post
    https://twitter.com/MalloryLaneWXII?...son-Corbett-1#

    Voluntary Manslaughter charges dropped....charged with second degree murder ONLY!
    I don't like that. Then the jury has no lesser charge if they cannot agree on 2nd degree.
    Everything I post here...is just my humble opinion. 😎

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by stmarysmead View Post
    I don't like that. Then the jury has no lesser charge if they cannot agree on 2nd degree.
    Don't understand law at all, wondering does this mean they have strong evidence, more evidence? and that's why they are dropping it?

    Sorry but I don't understand.

    Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Be true View Post
    Don't understand law at all, wondering does this mean they have strong evidence, more evidence? and that's why they are dropping it?

    Sorry but I don't understand.

    Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
    I'd like to hear an explanation as well. It may mean the prosecution feels especially confidant. But remember they need all twelve jurors to agree on a verdict of guilty. Lesser charges are often the way to compromise.

    I'd like to understand their strategy. But the prosecution cannot say much before trial. A NC prosecutor, Mike Nifong, was disbarred in 2007 in part for his public statements.
    Everything I post here...is just my humble opinion. 😎

Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 985
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 09:54 PM
  2. Replies: 1251
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 08:05 AM
  3. Replies: 999
    Last Post: 05-07-2016, 07:17 PM
  4. Replies: 986
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 04:18 PM