978 users online (92 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Destiny Thompson, 15, & Brittany Pickavance, 15, Port Orange, 10 July 2017

FDLE said Thompson has been missing since July 10 and may be with Brittany Pickavance.

Thompson is 5 feet tall with brown hair and hazel eyes. Pickavance is 5'7 with brown hair and blue eyes. Both teens are from Port Orange, Florida.
    FDLE said Destiny Thompson was last seen in the 5800 block of West Port Drive in Port Orange, Florida. Brittany Pickavance was last seen in the area of Raintree Drive in Port Orange, Florida wearing a white tank top and green shorts.
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f...eens/457195257

See their missing Facebook page...

https://m.facebook.com/VolusiaCounty...55412970767744

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Just heard of this for the first time and I live 30 minutes from there. Tomorrow will be a week. I hope these two have run away together.....I don't like the comment made by the anchor on the news, which I can't find in print to copy. It implied there could be more to the story.

I certainly hope that this is a simple case of runaways that will soon be found but I have had this week marked on my calendar for awhile now because it is a "palindrome" week. During the investigation of Abby Williams and Libby German someone pointed out that the day they went missing was a palindrome as was the day that Elizabeth and Lyric went missing in Iowa. I was looking for another disappearance on the 13th but the 11th is still a palindrome. It's a stretch and I hope there is no connection. MOO

Quote Originally Posted by midwestseeker View Post
    I certainly hope that this is a simple case of runaways that will soon be found but I have had this week marked on my calendar for awhile now because it is a "palindrome" week. During the investigation of Abby Williams and Libby German someone pointed out that the day they went missing was a palindrome as was the day that Elizabeth and Lyric went missing in Iowa. I was looking for another disappearance on the 13th but the 11th is still a palindrome. It's a stretch and I hope there is no connection. MOO
    Hmmm....must look up palindrome.
    ETA The dates read the same forward as backward.
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 07-17-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Hi All....do we have any background information on the girls? I'm just wondering if there was anything going on either at home or school that would make them voluntarily take off together? It would only make a difference in sleuthing because no matter how they left they are both missing and endangered. Hope these sweet girls are found alive and unharmed. JMO

Destiny Thompson’s mother discovered her daughter missing around 7 a.m. July 11. The mother told police she found her daughter’s bedroom door locked and that the teen would not answer her call. Her mother said she then found her daughter’s bedroom window partially open. The mother said she climbed through the window to get into her daughter’s room. Her mother noticed that her daughter’s cell phone, cellphone charger and some of her clothes were missing.

The mother went to Brittany Pickavance’s home to find out if she was there. Brittany's father discovered that his daughter was also gone from her room.

Police said the girls, who had very little cash on them, were thought then to be headed to Daytona Beach because Destiny liked being at the boardwalk. The girls could have possibly been going to Tennessee because Destiny has always wanted to live in Tennessee.

Thompson is 5 feet tall, 103 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes, and was last seen in the 5800 block of West Port Drive in Port Orange.

Pickavance is 5-feet-7 inches tall and 100 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes, and was last seen in the area of Raintree Drive in Port Orange wearing a white tank top and green shorts.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...out-police-say

If they wanted to go to Daytona Beach, it's only a couple miles to the boardwalk and there are cops on the beat there all the time, they would have been seen. Daytona's not like it was years ago. Also, I'm wondering why FDLE put out the missing info and not Port Orange PD, where they live.

Quote Originally Posted by fraudqueen View Post
    If they wanted to go to Daytona Beach, it's only a couple miles to the boardwalk and there are cops on the beat there all the time, they would have been seen. Daytona's not like it was years ago. Also, I'm wondering why FDLE put out the missing info and not Port Orange PD, where they live.
    Yes I agree I think if they headed to Daytona Beach they would have been seen already....so many people and that it is regularly patrolled. The fact that a 15 year old has a lock on her door worries me, she could have gotten into anything with that much privacy. I will look around to see if either one has any links to Tennessee.

I don't like the sound of this at all. I feel these girls had to have help in getting away....either they're staying with a friend or the worse possibility is a person of bad intentions connected with them online.
    IMO sometimes, not always, teens feel they have no recourse other than to run away.

If Mary Thompson could say anything right now to her missing daughter, Destiney, she said it would be, "I love you. Please come home, and I would say whatever you're going through, we can overcome it together. Nothing can't be conquered."
    To her daughter's friend, Brittany Pickavance, who's also missing, Thompson said,
    "I would reach out to Brittany too, and tell Brittany I love her too and if there's anything I can do to help her (I'll do it)."
    Port Orange Police believe the two teenagers are together.
    http://www.wesh.com/article/families...teens/10318964

Thompson said nothing like this has ever happened before,; in fact, Destiney was excited about Truck Week, this week, an event similar to Bike Week.

"She talked about truck week, truck week, truck week, and that truck out there," Thompson explained,. "We just got it for her, and the next day she was supposed to go her her license."
    http://www.wesh.com/article/families...teens/10318964

Any locals want to explain more about Truck Week? Am I understanding right that Destiny's family just bought her a new vehicle and she was supposed to get her license the day after she ran away? What teen runs away after getting a new car and doesn't even drive away in her own new car? Something is not right about this picture...

News missing page with interesting comment...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=112651575499

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast