1248 users online (223 members and 1025 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CNN Caught Faking News Again...

OK< took out zero hedge link.

this is from the new link I posted below:

The United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of Qatari government news and social media sites in order to post incendiary false quotes attributed to Qatar’s emir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani, in late May that sparked the ongoing upheaval between Qatar and its neighbors, according to U.S. intelligence officials..

So the story remains. CNN originally claimed it was Russia that did the hacking. And that was wrong.
    Last edited by katydid23; 07-16-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I am sure the first response will be 'but that is a conservative site...we don't read them,,,'

But what matters is the verifiable truths.

CNN did publish that original article, screenshot included in this link above, and WaPO just posted this correction...again, screenshot in link.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    CNN Caught Faking News Again: Now It's The UAE, Not Russia, Who "Hacked" Qatar

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ting-qatari-ha

Just over a month ago, we expressed amazement at just how sophisticated, efficient and pervasive the 'Russian hacking' community had become after CNN reported - citing unnamed government officials of course - that they had managed to hack into a Qatari News Agency and post a 'fake' news story all in an attempt to drive a wedge between the U.S., Qatar and some of it's Gulf Arab neighbors, one which culminated - at least according to the CNN narrative - with the Qatari crisis in which an alliance of Arab states led by Saudi Arabia isolated and blockaded the nat gas rich nation.

The CNN headline made it quite clear: ignore the Arab conflict and please focus on the only thing that matters these days: Russia

As it turns out, it's somewhat ironic that CNN accused Russia of spreading "fake news stories" that "have turned up amid elections in France, Germany and other countries" because, as CNN's ideological twins over at the WaPo blasted moments ago, it wasn't Russia at all (now that the hacking narrative has found a renewed vigor in the US, courtesy of the leaked Trump Jr. emails) but - wait for it - the UAE, i.e. not Russia.

The United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of Qatari government news and social media sites in order to post incendiary false quotes attributed to Qatar’s emir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani, in late May that sparked the ongoing upheaval between Qatar and its neighbors, according to U.S. intelligence officials..
    FYI,...Zerohedge is on the banned list in this forum. Bessie added it a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    FYI,...Zerohedge is on the banned list in this forum.
    Then why does it not show up with nutty symbols?

I am sure the first response will be 'but that is a conservative site...we don't read them,,,'

But what matters is the verifiable truths.

CNN did publish that original article, screenshot included in this link above, and WaPO just posted this correction...again, screenshot in link.
    It's not that we don't read them it's that Zero Hedge is a conspiracy theory cuckoo site that isn't allowed as a source in Politivent.

Doesn't matter. It's banned. Look it up.

I was wondering the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Doesn't matter. It's banned. Look it up.
    Where do we look up sites that are banned on Websleuths?

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I was wondering the same.
    Can't people be trusted to just not use a source that's been banned?

I didn't know that the site is banned. You said to look it up. I want to know were to look it up.

Ok, if that site is not acceptable, here is another source for the correction:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...716-story.html

UAE hacked Qatari government sites, sparking regional upheaval, according to U.S. intelligence officials

The United Arab Emirates orchestrated the hacking of Qatari government news and social media sites in order to post incendiary false quotes attributed to Qatar's emir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad al-Thani, in late May that sparked the ongoing upheaval between Qatar and its neighbors, according to U.S. intelligence officials.

Officials became aware last week that newly analyzed information gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies confirmed that on May 23, senior members of the UAE government discussed the plan and its implementation. The officials said it remains unclear whether the UAE carried out the hacks itself or contracted to have them done. The false reports said that the emir, among other things, had called Iran an "Islamic power" and praised Hamas.

So the zero hedge article was correct about the new article.

And there is a screenshot of the original CNN article declaring it was Russia. That is easy to verify too.

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I didn't know that the site is banned. You said to look it up. I want to know were to look it up.
    General rules. I didn't think I had to explain as it's not that difficult to figure out.

That's news to me. Last I was here it was accepted. And it does not 'breakup' when linked, like banned sites do. I will take your word for it, but I already found the same info on MSM.

CNN did in fact post false news when they said it was Russia.

General rules. I didn't think I had to explain as it's not that difficult to figure out.
    General rules? That doesn't list sites that are banned on Websleuths.

Maybe this site is banned. I'm just not sure how to look that up. I alerted the post that first brought it up. Hopefully a mod will clarify.

That's news to me. Last I was here it was accepted. And it does not 'breakup' when linked, like banned sites do. I will take your word for it, but I already found the same info on MSM.

CNN did in fact post false news when they said it was Russia.
    Don't take my word for it - check Politivent general rules. Why would we lie??

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast