VT VT - Angela Belisle, 35, Burlington, 3 Jan 1981

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
25 years later, city homicide remains unsolved
Patrick Foley remembers kneeling by the frozen body of Angela Belisle.

It was Jan. 3, 1981. Foley, a detective with the Burlington Police Department, had been called out to investigate the discovery of a woman's body lying outside her apartment at 62 Brookes Ave. on a sub-zero Saturday morning.

The passer-by who discovered Belisle lying face-up by the driver's side of her car told police the body in the snow looked like a dummy, a mannequin.

Now, as Foley knelt with state Medical Examiner Eleanor McQuillen by Belisle's body, he understood what the passer-by meant. There were no signs of a struggle, no flurry of footprints in the snow. Maybe she had just slipped and hit her head, he thought.

"Then I looked more closely and noticed a speckling of blood on her cheek," Foley recalled.

Moments later, Foley knew he had a homicide on his hands. Belisle, 35, an attractive, blonde mother of three and a University of Vermont graduate student, had been shot twice, once in the head and once by a shot that had grazed the top of her skull.

More: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060101/NEWS01/601010303/1009&theme=

The link did not work for me... I will have to try searching it up.

At 35 with 3 children those kids must have been pretty young still...
I cannot imagine how traumatic that must have been for them growing up.
I will think of you Angela and your children and I will hope and pray that the person who robbed you of your life will be caught and convicted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back