1361 users online (204 members and 1157 guests)  

Websleuths News

Can the U.S.A broker peace between North and South Korea?

The United States has offered broker talks between North and South Korea in a bid to end the escalation of hostilities, it has been reported.

The Pentagon has shown a willingness to restore communications channels between the two Koreas, according to Korean News agency Yonhap.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un has been worrying the South Koreans and the US alike as he tests missiles with the capability to reach Alaska and Hawaii.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...talks-10812204

I really can't see Kim Jong-Un co-operating. Do you think it is possible?
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

I hope and pray it is possible.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I hope and pray it is possible.
    Me too.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    The United States has offered broker talks between North and South Korea in a bid to end the escalation of hostilities, it has been reported.

The Pentagon has shown a willingness to restore communications channels between the two Koreas, according to Korean News agency Yonhap.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un has been worrying the South Koreans and the US alike as he tests missiles with the capability to reach Alaska and Hawaii.

I don't think that peace will come about in my lifetime.

It was Russia and the U.S. who divided the country at the 38th parallel after World War II.

The USSR dissolved. The Berlin Wall came down. Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    It was Russia and the U.S. who divided the country at the 38th parallel after World War II.

The USSR dissolved. The Berlin Wall came down. Anything is possible.
    France and the UK were also involved in that division, although Russia annexed some Baltic states that were not part of the deal, but the world was sick of war and let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I don't think that peace will come about in my lifetime.
    Likely a very true statement imo. Hoping and praying is unlikely to do the trick.

Fundamentalists come in all shapes and sizes - peace is not on the radar as far as I can see for any fundamentalist.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post

I can't see Kim Jong-Un cooperating because of how he is, and I don't see South Korea cooperating unless it's going to lead to reunification.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I can't see Kim Jong-Un cooperating because of how he is, and I don't see South Korea cooperating unless it's going to lead to reunification.
    One can't broker something that neither side wants - trust you know who I'm comparing this to.