CA CA - Tommi Cooper, 21, Rescue, 31 July 1981

sunnynz

Reaction score
Circumstances: Tommi Lee Cooper was last seen on July 31, 1981 driving towards Sacramento where she worked at the Sun Club, a massage parlor. She left her 1 1/2-year-old child with a friend and indicated she may go to Reno, NV or a concert in Oakland, CA.

However, she never came back to pick up her child and failed to show up at work the following Monday, August 3, or the rest of the week.

On August 13, Cooper's white and yellow 1977 Dodge Aspen was found abandoned in Sacramento at 51st and Woodbine. There was money in the glove compartment and a make-up kit on the rear seat.
First Name: Tommi Lee
Middle Name: Lee
Last Name: Cooper

Age When Last Known Alive: 21
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 60.0 to
Weight: 95.0 to

City: Rescue
State: California
County: El Dorado

Hair: Brown
Head Hair: Frosted brown hair
Eye: Hazel
Scars And Marks: 1/2in scar on left cheek bone under the eye

Clothing: Maroon blouse with a flower attached near the neck, black wrap-around skirt with different shades of pink flowers
Accessories: White leather purse

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34972/62
http://www.missingin.org/reg11883/tommi_lee_cooper.htm

Based on info I've seen on a UID thread, Tommi may have also been known as Tommi Ford who was in 7th grade in the 1973 Pinole Junior High School yearbook. Her mother, Lorna, was married to a Paul A. Ford from 1972-1975 in Contra Costa Co. And if so, this may be a picture of her.
CooperTommiLee.jpg

There is a discussion on this case in relation to a Jane Doe at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-18-31-off-I-5-red-flower-tattoo-Oct-81/page2 . Unfortunately, whilst it adds a little information it does not take the case any further forward.

Interestingly on Ancestry, there is a Tommi L Eaglin in Terre Haute, Indiana with exactly the same DoB (15 March 1960) as our missing. However I cannot find further information to indicate any connection (or lack of).

There is a discussion on this case in relation to a Jane Doe at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-18-31-off-I-5-red-flower-tattoo-Oct-81/page2 . Unfortunately, whilst it adds a little information it does not take the case any further forward.

Interestingly on Ancestry, there is a Tommi L Eaglin in Terre Haute, Indiana with exactly the same DoB (15 March 1960) as our missing. However I cannot find further information to indicate any connection (or lack of).

Yes that's where I got a lot of this info from.

I think that Tommi Eaglin is maybe a coincidence as her middle name is Lou not Lee but are there any related family member names to Tommi Eaglin that you can give me (I don't have ancestry) and I can look into this more?

Her NamUs profile has been updated with some contemporaneous images!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 4.06.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 4.06.08 PM.png
    319.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 4.06.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 4.06.20 PM.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 129
I wonder if she is a victim of Shermantine and Herzog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have submitted Tommi as a possible match for a UID found in Yosemite. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ummit-Meadow-WhtFem-20-23-HLLucas-Victim-1983

Reasons she may be a possible match as follows:
- Age MATCH: Tommi 21 years old when disappeared, Jane Doe estimated age 20-23
-Hair MATCH: Tommi's hair was described as frosted brown, Jane Doe blonde to light brown
- Height WITHIN RANGE: Tommi 60 inches (5 foot), Jane Doe 5'05" to 5'06"
- Weight MATCH: Tommi 95-100 pounds, Jane Doe 100-125 pounds
- Circumstance/geography WITHIN REASON: Tommi went missing from Rescue near Sacramento in Northern CA, however she was believed to have been possibly travelling towards Reno NV or Oakland CA. In conclusion, her actual intended destination was uncertain so for her to be hitchhiking near Fresno (within a 5-6 hour drive from Rescue) is a reasonable scenario.
- Timeline MATCH: Tommi missing July 1981, Jane Doe estimated date of death fall 1981 to Spring 1983
- Physical likeness MATCH: please see attached side by side comparison pic

TOMMICOOPER_YOSEMITEJD.png

Added to Doe Network - 4657DFCA - Tommi Lee Cooper

4657DFCA - Tommi Lee Cooper​

4657DFCA.jpg
4657DFCA1.jpg

Name: Tommi Lee Cooper
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 31, 1981
Location Last Seen: Rescue, El Dorado County, California

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: March 15, 1960
Race: White
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 95 - 100 lbs
Hair Color: Brown, frosted
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Roxanne
Distinguishing Marks/Features: 1/2" scar on left cheek bone under the eye

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Maroon blouse with a flower attached near the neck; black wrap-around skirt with different shades of pink flowers
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: White leather purse

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Tommi Lee Cooper was last seen at 10:00 a.m. on July 31, 1981, driving towards Sacramento where she worked at the Sun Club, a massage parlor. She left her 1 1/2-year-old child with a friend and stated she may go to Reno, Nevada or a concert in Oakland, California.

Tommi never came back to pick up her child and failed to show up at work the following Monday.

On August 13, Tommi's white and yellow 1977 Dodge Aspen was found abandoned at 51st and Woodbine in Sacramento. There was money in the glove compartment and a make-up kit on the rear seat.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Sacramento Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Det. Alexandr Giy
Agency Phone Number: 916-808-0560
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 81-49212

NamUs Case Number: 34972

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
The Sacramento Bee - Aug. 15, 1981

Admin Notes​

Added: 01/23/2024; Last Updated: 01/23/2024 - By: hb