1227 users online (223 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Minneapolis police shoot and kill woman who called 911

http://www.startribune.com/woman-kil...s/434782213/#1

The woman called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley behind her home.

'Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.'

The body cams weren't on and there is no recording of the incident.

What the heck happened here????

Wonder if we get more info on this or if it just fades away!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy ****!

She was Australian.

Dang, I wonder what happened - why did the other cop open fire on her?

She called the police for something going on at the back of her house and is telling the police why she rang them and the other police officer just lazily picks up his gun and kills her. Did her call interrupt their coffee break?

Ms Ruszczyk, in her pyjamas, reportedly went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driving officer.

Minneapolis mayor Betsy Hodges said she intended to find out why the officers' body cameras were not turned on.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/0...after-911-call

What on earth happened? Did the police think it was an ambush? They couldn't see her approaching the car? If she was talking to them, why shoot her?!
    This is just shocking!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    Ms Ruszczyk, in her pyjamas, reportedly went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driving officer.

Minneapolis mayor Betsy Hodges said she intended to find out why the officers' body cameras were not turned on.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/0...after-911-call

What on earth happened? Did the police think it was an ambush? They couldn't see her approaching the car? If she was talking to them, why shoot her?!
    This is just shocking!!
    American police are frightened of a woman in her pyjamas, who had called them to report a crime going on behind her house? What cowards. The home of the brave?

This poor lady, a yoga instructor, had moved to the US to get married next month. Her fiancé was traveling on business so she probably got scared being home alone when she heard some noise in the alley. Her soon to have been stepson is demanding answers about why his "mom" was killed.

My heart sank reading this tragic story. I bet the cams were not turned off. The police are trying to find if other recordings such as from neighbors were made to likely make sure their made up story won't conflict with any evidence. I can't help but be skeptical of these cops. It was only recently that a cop from the same state was acquitted for shooting to death a man stopped for a traffic stop http://nypost.com/2017/07/17/woman-w...-dead-by-cops/
    Last edited by WebWoman; 07-17-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Why the devil are they so quick to pull a gun? Enough of the excuses for this lazy troublesome behavior.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

I have no idea what the police story even is. As far as I can tell, this woman was standing there in her pajamas and she wasn't armed.
    Police hasn't released a reason as to why they shot and killed her.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I have no idea what the police story even is. As far as I can tell, this woman was standing there in her pajamas and she wasn't armed.
    Police hasn't released a reason as to why they shot and killed her.
    It's really bizarre. There's nothing about her that even fits any kind of 'profile' that would get an officer on edge, (rightly or wrongly). She was a slim, attractive, white, blonde, woman without any apparent mental illness, was by all accounts happy, isn't homeless, etc etc. The kind of person who would probably feel would never, ever be the target of a police shooting. The kind of person who anyone would think would be safe from a police shooting.

The police just HAVE to give their side of the story here. Is there more to the story??? Who IS safe from a police shooting? Anyone?

(please note I'M not saying slim white blonde women >>>>>> everyone else, just that from a police perspective, if you're on edge about being shot and think you'll shoot first, if you're going to profile - and we know that profiling happens, and it's often/usually based on gender/race/size etc ... just being realistic here, NOT saying I endorse it)

I'll wait for more info before jumping to conclusions because this makes zero sense as it's being reported. Tragic case regardless

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If body cams are turned off what's the point in having them? Is there a policy in place on the use of body cams for Minneapolis Police Officers? If there is a policy is it enforced and are officers reprimanded for not activating body cams? I'm curious for the rest of the story.
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/07/justin...cee-minnesota/

Quote Originally Posted by bamaguy1983 View Post
    I'll wait for more info before jumping to conclusions because this makes zero sense as it's being reported. Tragic case regardless

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I agree, I try not to jump to conclusions either, especially when nothing adds up.

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast