1219 users online (258 members and 961 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1221
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Jet View Post
    As in all cases I will reserve my judgment until more facts come out. But just speaking in general terms The police have very dangerous jobs that most of us would never want to do. They put their lives on the line every day and I’m thankful for what they do for all of us. Now with that said, because this is what they signed up to do they are not allowed to go into a situation with a shoot first and ask questions later mentality just because they feel there might be danger about to happen. If that were the case they would be allowed to go to a robbery and just start shooting everyone there. That would be the safest thing for them to ensure they go home, but not for the public and that is who they are hired to protect. They are expected to accept a certain amount of risk before shooting at someone before they even present any danger. This would be like a fireman refusing to enter a building because it might be dangerous. IT WILL BE DANGEROUS.
    How do you know in this case the woman presented no danger or that the shooting wasn't justified?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    Sadly in this day and age it sure seems so. As long as they say they were in fear of their lives.
    That's not true. Other evidence is also analyzed in a police shooting investigation.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    From pics in the Australian media, she was in her driveway, in front of a garage.
    According to the American media in Minneapolis, she was 100 yards from her home in an alley. Which should I believe? The media who actually spoke to police or another country's media?

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northwestern United States
    Posts
    4,175
    I personally wouldn't approach the police even if I called them... especially if I called them, but more for fear of being targeted by whoever I called about.

    But this doesn't sound at all justified from what we know thus far. So sad.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    That's not true. Other evidence is also analyzed in a police shooting investigation.
    There is not much evidence available since they did not turn on their cameras and the dash came was not on either.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    According to the American media in Minneapolis, she was 100 yards from her home in an alley. Which should I believe? The media who actually spoke to police or another country's media?
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-1...apolis/8714330

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
    There is nothing to support this speculation.

    Did you read where his partner was shocked by his actions?

    If I had called the police at 11:30 PM, I would have been watching for them, and been prepared to meet them to clarify the situation.
    Actually the Michael Brown case does support my opinion.

    I've seen no reports that quote the other officer nor have police commented about either officer.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    15,054
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    She called 911 because she believed an assault was going on near her house. When police showed up, naturally she went up to the car. Never heard of police telling people not to approach their car if these people want to report a possible crime.
    In Minnesota and Wisconsin also, I know from personal experience when you are stopped for speeding, you wait in your car. It never made sense to me as it seems that if you get out of the car, the LE are more at an advantage than if you are seated in your car having access to weapons.

    When you make a police report, they ask who you are. Do they run info on the person who reports? I do know from getting a speeding ticket they know all about you, They knew I had a ticket ten years before .

    I an wondering because they could assume Justine posed little danger
    Last edited by human; 07-17-2017 at 08:07 PM.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    There is not much evidence available since they did not turn on their cameras and the dash came was not on either.
    There is an investigation underway. Not at all unusual.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    In Minnesota and Wisconsin also, I know from personal experience when you are stopped for speeding, you wait in your car. It never made sense to me as it seems that if you get out of the car, the LE are more at an advantage than if you are seated in your car having access to weapons.

    When you make a police report, they ask who you are. Do they run info on the person who reports? I do know from getting a speeding ticket they know all about you, They knew I had a ticket ten years before .

    I an wondering because they could assume Justine posed little danger
    A call to 911 can be made anonymously. Even if she gave her name, the police would check out the area to see if there was an assault underway. I've never heard of police responding by first going to the door of the 911 caller.


  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    3,871
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    A call to 911 can be made anonymously. Even if she gave her name, the police would check out the area to see if there was an assault underway. I've never heard of police responding by first going to the door of the 911 caller.

    My experience has been that they do contact the original caller. As in, they've always come to my door, if I didn't meet them in the drive way.

    YMMV
    MOO
    ***
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA -- Why?
    ***
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    ***
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan





  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    That article does NOT say she was shot in her own driveway.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax49 View Post
    My experience has been that they do contact the original caller. As in, they've always come to my door, if I didn't meet them in the drive way.

    YMMV
    Her call to 911 was to report sounds she heard outside near the alley. Shouldn't police investigate first and then go to her door second?

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    3,871
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-1...ooting/8718478

    Her stepson Zach Damond, 22, said she called police after hearing a noise in the alleyway near their house in the suburb of Fulton.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,655
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomName479 View Post
    Multiple reports that she was speaking with the other officer and that he was stunned by the shooting. Doesn't sound like she was threatening in any way. She was not "approaching" the vehicle. He also shot her multiple times. No one should be above the law.....
    I agree, the public should be outraged and demand answers. Justine's family deserves to know the truth!

Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 06:48 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 08:13 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 05:36 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-26-2016, 07:09 AM
  5. NY - Police shoot, kill man near NYC Times Square
    By Reader in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 02:49 AM