1052 users online (149 members and 903 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Orange Co, WhtMale UP16279, 27-28, died in hospice care, beard, Oct'15

NamUs UP 16279

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16279

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Male)

Found October 18, 2015 in Orange County, CA
    Body Condition: Recognizable face
    Probable year of death: 2015

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 27-28 (Adult - Pre 30)
    Approximate Weight: 141 estimate
    Approximate Height: 68 estimate
    Hair Color: Black short
    Eye Color: Brown
    Scars and marks: Beard and mustache

Clothing & Accessories
    Clothing:
    unknown
    Jewerly: nothing
    Footwear: nothing
    Accessories: unknown

Identifiers

Fingerprints: Fingerprint information available and entered
    Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
    DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete

Case History:
    The decedent died at a local board and care facility under hospice care. The case was reported to the coroner's office after no family was located.
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

Derek Adam Seehausen? Missing in California in 2014. I am submitting it. Derek not not look well in this photo compared to his other ones. He may have not none he was sick and something happened that night that confused him etc associated with an illness.?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26434/89/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DQN; 07-18-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DQN View Post
    Derek Adam Seehausen? Missing in California in 2014. I am submitting it. Derek not not look well in this photo compared to his other ones. He may have not none he was sick and something happened that night that confused him etc associated with an illness.?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26434/89/

Wow, Derek looks a lot like the unidentified man!
    The idea that someone's life matters less is root of all evil in this world

Let's hope for closure for the family, although they would never want this ending. Some people are sick and don't know it until something drastic happens. JMO he could have had a stroke associated with the cancer when he didn't come and wandered the streets for months until he was picked up and determined to require hospice. Sorry for the typos in my previous post, as many web sleuthers, I am up late and get droopy.

Namus got back to me today. Derek is ruled out as a match to the UID Hospice patient.

This makes no sense. Why do they state "probable year of death: 2015"? If he was in a Board and Care facility, shouldn't they know the exact date of death? (On another section, an exact date in October 2015 is listed). And where did the Board and Care get him from? (Usually from a hospital). What medical condition did he have? Did he speak prior to his death? Argh, this is way too vague.
    Last edited by Essbee; 08-11-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Essbee View Post
    This makes no sense. Why do they state "probable year of death: 2015"? If he was in a Board and Care facility, shouldn't they know the exact date of death? (On another section, an exact date in October 2015 is listed). And where did the Board and Care get him from? (Usually from a hospital). What medical condition did he have? Did he speak prior to his death? Argh, this is way too vague.
    Maybe since many UIDs are found some time after their deaths, some systems are set up to allow approximate dates of death. Only in a few cases can the time of death be fixed to a particular day, eg the homeless who die in a housefire, in a witnessed attack or are shot by a cop or other person.

Agreed that it would be helpful to know what he died of. Hospices are traditionally associated with cancer but also accept patients who are dying of other conditions such as end stage liver or heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    Maybe since many UIDs are found some time after their deaths, some systems are set up to allow approximate dates of death. Only in a few cases can the time of death be fixed to a particular day, eg the homeless who die in a housefire, in a witnessed attack or are shot by a cop or other person.

Agreed that it would be helpful to know what he died of. Hospices are traditionally associated with cancer but also accept patients who are dying of other conditions such as end stage liver or heart disease.
    I agree, in addition what were the circumstances of him being brought in to hospice,Was he homeless on the street? If so where was he picked up? Was he a person alone some where in public? became unconscious brought to the hospital, never regained consciousness and put into hospice, did he walk in to hospice and didn't know his name?

did he walk in to hospice and didn't know his name?
    It may be different in the US but here in the UK you don't just walk into a hospice. I've not had a member of my family or a friend go into a hospice so don't have first hand experience, but my understanding is that admittance is arranged by a hospital and/or you or your family at the point when you probably have no more than a few weeks left. It's strictly palliative care from then on to keep the patient comfortable until he or she dies.

I was thinking that given this chap's age, I wonder if his going into a hospice was related to end-stage AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    It may be different in the US but here in the UK you don't just walk into a hospice. I've not had a member of my family or a friend go into a hospice so don't have first hand experience, but my understanding is that admittance is arranged by a hospital and/or you or your family at the point when you probably have no more than a few weeks left. It's strictly palliative care from then on to keep the patient comfortable until he or she dies.

I was thinking that given this chap's age, I wonder if his going into a hospice was related to end-stage AIDS.
    Pretty much the same here. I don't have first experience either. That is why I question how did someone end up in hospice without a name, he is UNIDENTIFIED as opposed to unclaimed (a person with a name and no relatives claiming the individual).

I'd like to know how they know he is between the ages of 27-28.. there's obviously a lot missing from the story..

That is why I question how did someone end up in hospice without a name, he is UNIDENTIFIED as opposed to unclaimed (a person with a name and no relatives claiming the individual).
    Two possible ways come to mind:

1. He had ID on him but it was found to be false.

2. He was found unresponsive and brought into A&E without ID but then found to be terminally ill and transferred to hospice care without being able to communicate with staff.