PA PA - Shawn Baur, 15, & Scott Fosnaught, 15, Butler County, 17 July 2002

SassySquatch

Reaction score
It's been 15 years since Shawn and Scott died and the case is still unsolved. This case has always had a special place in my heart because I was the same age as these boys and it happened only 15 minutes from where I grew up.

The local newspaper published an article summarizing the events that happened 15 years ago.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/n...mystery-2002-anniversary/stories/201707170031

This is my first time posting a new thread so please bear with me.

Another year has gone by with no answers about what happened to these boys. I was only a couple years older than them and went to a neighboring school district. It blows my mind that this case has never been solved. Saw a theory someone posted on another site that was pretty detailed...and other than the poster getting the boys confused, it was kind of eerie to read. Made me wonder about who the poster was...

Oct 9 2018
Mother feels cold case investigation into deaths of 2 boys has hit 'dead end'
"EVANS CITY, Pa. - After 16 years, a Butler County mother tells Channel 11 she feels as if she hit a dead end."

"State police told Channel 11 they don't consider this a cold case and say they are still investigating, but they don't have any updates."

"Now, she's begging the attorney general to help her find the answers she's been looking for since 2002.

"I would beg him beg him to come help me. Just come help me and find the person who killed my boy," Rausch said.

The boy's deaths have not been ruled accidental or homicide.

No skid marks, broken glass or vehicle parts were found at the scene."

Trying to keep this thread alive. Here's the original newspaper article.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Google News Archive Search

"Based on his injuries, police believe Fosnaught, a 10th-grader at Seneca Valley School, was struck by a vehicle around 1:30 a.m., said state trooper Cheryl Michalski.

There were some questions surrounding Bauer's death last night. The Allegheny County coroner's office said Bauer died of head injuries. That kind of injury is not typical of someone who was struck by a car."

Trying to keep this thread alive. Here's the original newspaper article.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Google News Archive Search

"Based on his injuries, police believe Fosnaught, a 10th-grader at Seneca Valley School, was struck by a vehicle around 1:30 a.m., said state trooper Cheryl Michalski.

There were some questions surrounding Bauer's death last night. The Allegheny County coroner's office said Bauer died of head injuries. That kind of injury is not typical of someone who was struck by a car."

There are plenty of reasons to doubt what happened but that on its own isn't necessarily the case. If he had been kneeling or sitting or low to the ground, he could easily have head injuries. Likewise if he was hit hard enough to fly through the air, he could have hit his head on the vehicle or pavement when coming back down. That being said, something else happened out there that night...

Oct 9 2018
Mother feels cold case investigation into deaths of 2 boys has hit 'dead end'
"EVANS CITY, Pa. - After 16 years, a Butler County mother tells Channel 11 she feels as if she hit a dead end."

"State police told Channel 11 they don't consider this a cold case and say they are still investigating, but they don't have any updates."

"Now, she's begging the attorney general to help her find the answers she's been looking for since 2002.

"I would beg him beg him to come help me. Just come help me and find the person who killed my boy," Rausch said.

The boy's deaths have not been ruled accidental or homicide.

No skid marks, broken glass or vehicle parts were found at the scene."
Scott was my 2nd cousin. What a shame that his mother has to go through this.

Another year has gone by with no answers about what happened to these boys. I was only a couple years older than them and went to a neighboring school district. It blows my mind that this case has never been solved. Saw a theory someone posted on another site that was pretty detailed...and other than the poster getting the boys confused, it was kind of eerie to read. Made me wonder about who the poster was...
what post? is there a link to it?

what post? is there a link to it?
Welcome to Ws PJY 77!
Wondering if the "detailed" theory might have come from these women?
Cranberry Eagle | Serving the Cranberry Twp, Mars, Evans City, Zelienople areas
August 7, 2019
''The Reidenbach case isn’t the first cold case in which the Vincents have been involved. They’ve trained under American pathologist Cyril Wecht and consulted with officials in Westmoreland, Allegheny and Butler counties. The Vincents have also worked with Pittsburgh officials and Texas Rangers. Locally, the sisters consulted with police investigating the deaths of teens Shawn Bauer and Scott Fosnaught in Forward Township.''

WPXI.com

Welcome to Ws PJY 77!
Wondering if the "detailed" theory might have come from these women?
Cranberry Eagle | Serving the Cranberry Twp, Mars, Evans City, Zelienople areas
August 7, 2019
''The Reidenbach case isn’t the first cold case in which the Vincents have been involved. They’ve trained under American pathologist Cyril Wecht and consulted with officials in Westmoreland, Allegheny and Butler counties. The Vincents have also worked with Pittsburgh officials and Texas Rangers. Locally, the sisters consulted with police investigating the deaths of teens Shawn Bauer and Scott Fosnaught in Forward Township.''

WPXI.com
The Vincents werent much help as far as i know. The detailed theory that we have as a family, is put together from evidence we have found. The person suspected had even bragged about it during the commission of another crime. The suspect knows the family and has for years. The suspect has a criminal history and violent past behaviors towards juveniles and has been convicted of such. The Suspect had spent time in jail for throwing gasoline on a teenage boy at an Indiana, Pa Race track.

Scott's mom shared information about a planned protest on July 17th for the 18th anniversary of the murders, and they are looking for volunteers. How can I share this information if no FB posts are allowed?

Scott's mom shared information about a planned protest on July 17th for the 18th anniversary of the murders, and they are looking for volunteers. How can I share this information if no FB posts are allowed?
Just post the information here...do you know Alvie?

Per her post: She would like to have 3 groups. 1 at the Butler state police barracks...1 in front of the DA's office and a group at diamond park. It will start at 11 a.m. on July 17th.

My cousin (Scotts Mom)....is trying to organize 3 rallies/protests at the state police barracks/DA's Office?Diamond Park to get attention on this case.......She wants them to call in outside help and law enforcement. She and the family have a suspect. And it is very VERY credible but the attention is not on this case anymore. She needs help. Can people spread the word/attend???????? Look up FB posts Search: Scott Fosnaught and Shawn Baur

Per her post: She would like to have 3 groups. 1 at the Butler state police barracks...1 in front of the DA's office and a group at diamond park. It will start at 11 a.m. on July 17th.
thanks i just messeged her

More at link.

"The mother of the late Scott Fosnaught spent the 18th anniversary of her “Scotty's” death at the Butler Barracks of the state police, where she and others hoped to bring awareness to the cold case involving her son.
She also wants investigators to reopen the case, re-interview everyone from the initial investigation and invite the FBI to join in the case."

Rally small in number, big in passion

July 17 2020
Families Ask For Cold Case Investigators On 18th Anniversary Of Teenage Boys' Unsolved Deaths
Evans-City-cold-case-protest.png

(Photo Credit: KDKA’s Nicole Ford)

''State Police have never made any arrests, and now the family wants additional resources added to the investigation. Those families rallied for several hours outside the department to mark the grim anniversary.

“Once it’s solved, this will all end, we can finally just grieve our children. We can just grieve, nothing else to worry about, just to grieve. The person who did it will be behind bars or whatever and we will have answers,” Ailive Rausch, Fosnaught’s mother, said.

“How do you lay your head down on your pillow every night knowing what you did to these boys, boys, teenagers, kids? These are boys,” Loretta Buck, a friend of the victims’ families, said.''

''The boys were students at Seneca Valley Intermediate School.

There has been a reward of more than $20,000 in the case for some time now, but that has not led to any leads. Troopers say they do get tips from time to time and encourage anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-4PA-TIPS (8477).

Stay with KDKA for Nicole Ford’s full report on this story at 4, 5 and 6 p.m.''

This is my first time reading about this case and a couple things jump out at me if they were hit by a vehicle I would expect someone to see a vehicle with damage to the front even if no evidence was left at the scene I don't see how a vehicle could hit someone and not have at least a dent, a cracked grill, headlight or something. Maybe they were not hit where they were found but placed there after being hit somewhere else? I don't know why the one would have different injuries than the other maybe it just had to do with how the vehicle struck them?

18 years and still no answers! Someone knows something. This is a small town.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back