Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Karen Ristevski: Police refuse to say if they have suspects in missing person case

7563232-3x2-340x227.jpg

July 27 2016

Melbourne police refused to reveal if they had any suspects in the case of missing woman Karen Risteveski as they stepped up efforts to find her.

Detectives have set up an information caravan in her home suburb of Avondale Heights, in Melbourne's north-west and mounted police have searched parklands near her home.

Ms Ristevski has not used her mobile phone or bank accounts, or made contact with friends or family since June 29.

HUMAN REMAINS IDENTIFIED AT MOUNT MACEDON

February 21, 2017

Police can confirm the human remains found at Mount Macedon yesterday are that of missing Avondale Heights, woman Karen Ristevski.

Investigators received the results following forensic testing this afternoon.

Karen was last seen at her home address on Oakley Drive in Avondale Heights at about 10am on 29 June last year.

Her remains were located by a member of the public in bushland off Loch Road at Mount Macedon about 12.30pm yesterday.

Police conducted a line search at the scene today and are keen to speak to anyone that may have seen any suspicious activity in that area.

Missing Persons Squad detectives are appealing for anyone that may have been walking along the dirt track off Loch Road or anyone that may have seen any vehicles to contact them.

Investigators are also hoping to speak to anyone that may have been at Mount Macedon any time from June last year and took photos or any video footage in the area.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au.

Karen Ristevski: Husband Borce 'a suspect' as police issue strong message to killer

June 16, 2017

The husband of Karen Ristevski is a suspect in the ongoing homicide investigation as detectives implore her suspected killer to come forward.

“The person who has done this has a story to tell. They only get one chance to tell it. I encourage them, if they are so inclined, tell it now,” Inspector Tim Day said in an ominous message for her suspected killer today.

[...]

New CCTV is believed to show Ms Ristevski’s Mercedes-Benz SLK coupe travelling north-west along the Old-Calder Highway through Diggers Rest shortly after 11am on June 29 last year – the same day she went missing.

[...]

Insp. Day also revealed her husband Borce Ristevski “remains a suspect” in the year-long investigation, adding Mr Ristevski had not been shown the vision and was likely only viewing it today.

[...]

Mr Ristevski, 53, has vehemently denied any involvement in his wife's disappearance and murder.

Previous Thread - Thread #11

Please read and make sure you understand.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Time outs will be forth coming if you do not adhere to the rules, no questions asked.

Thank you.

[video=twitter;886860347855872001]https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/886860347855872001[/video]

Yep .....

But Mr Ristevski did admit to the Herald Sun that after the Bella Bleu shop in Broadmeadows closed in February last year the shopping centre had put a caveat on the Ristevski’s $1.1 million home in Oakley Drive, Avondale Heights, due to a dispute over money owed.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/029696b6c0c93c5fb8777340863339f3

Paperwork declaring Mr Ristevski had taken over from his wife as the sole director of Warrant Brands, which is linked to her Bella Bleu fashion label, was filed with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission in March.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/b1b9688adeee6dbd340e17d35eec2de6

Hmmm not liking this new anonymous witness. 100% agree that this is information that police should know, but it sounds like it was just a throw away comment. And where was the "good place" - was it a joke where if we saw it in context we'd all laugh or were they in forest area. Just pointing out that context plays a role. Reason why i dont like the comments in the media is that I worry BRs lawyer will say something about an unfair trial etc and it will somehow harm the case.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hmmm not liking this new anonymous witness. 100% agree that this is information that police should know, but it sounds like it was just a throw away comment. And where was the "good place" - was it a joke where if we saw it in context we'd all laugh or were they in forest area. Just pointing out that context plays a role. Reason why i dont like the comments in the media is that I worry BRs lawyer will say something about an unfair trial etc and it will somehow harm the case.

It is possible that there is another witness to the conversation, as there seems to be a third person (if not more) present. The witness apparently took the photo of Borce and a blurred out person.

It is also possible that this is (quietly) police-sanctioned material, as police know about the comment, know about the witness, and have been going to very public lengths to put pressure on Borce just lately. imo

They may very well prefer that Borce rocks up to the police station with his top criminal lawyer and hands himself in .. like Gable Tostee did, and others as well. Sometimes these types of actions help a perp in the sentencing phase of their trial. Remorse, accepting a trial, signs of a chance for rehabilitation, possible home detention instead of jail prior to trial, (reducing sentence), blah, blah, blah ......

Yes, I did also think that this may be a police led thing. Feeding more and more little bits to be Media to smoke him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't find this witness story all that credible. And even if it is, and Borce planned this murder, he really needs to hang up his planning hat. That said, I am interested in who the mutual friend is. This person has sought media attention for a reason, he might be motivated in a similar way to the cyclist or he might have a more interesting reason!

Yes, I did also think that this may be a police led thing. Feeding more and more little bits to be Media to smoke him out.

That's a good point.

Also interesting this story has come out while Sarah is perhaps still in Vietnam.

Originally posted by they'll get you
I guess the only time a man would ask another if he was married was if he was hitting on women, it's a simple question that didn't deserve a death stare unless he was in pick-up-and-pay mode.
(Above quote carried over from previous thread)

Sorry for late response tgy. I tried replying last night but my pc was causing me grief so I gave up ugh!!

Do you think so? I think the question could be considered rather personal and offensive and yes, even deserve the death stare in some cases. I don't think you'd find many, if any, men asking another man if he's married simply because he's hitting on women in a nightclub. What I could see though, is, a man asking another man if he's married if a woman who he's interested in, is paying more attention to the other man. That, I can see very clearly. Or, the man asking the question is interested in the other man on a romantic level and wants to know if he's single! I guess we would need to know more about how the conversation took place because as decscimp has already pointed out, (thank you decsimp) context plays a role. All MOO

(Above quote carried over from previous thread)

Sorry for late response tgy. I tried replying last night but my pc was causing me grief so I gave up ugh!!

Do you think so? I think the question could be considered rather personal and offensive and yes, even deserve the death stare in some cases. I don't think you'd find many, if any, men asking another man if he's married simply because he's hitting on women in a nightclub. What I could see though, is, a man asking another man if he's married if a woman who he's interested in, is paying more attention to the other man. That, I can see very clearly. Or, the man asking the question is interested in the other man on a romantic level and wants to know if he's single! I guess we would need to know more about how the conversation took place because as decscimp has already pointed out, (thank you decsimp) context plays a role. All MOO

I agree we need to know more and the context all so important.

Assuming the witness is speaking about their first meeting and all this was said in South East Asia.

I would like to hear more about the second meeting. When and where did that take place?

Rather amazing after more than a year, the mention of two key witnesses in one week.

I am still wondering why it took the police so long to catch up with the witness that saw the merc up at Mt Macedon in the last week of June 2016?

I too would like to know more about this mutual friend. Strange that he was not referred to as a 'mutual business acquaintance'. Wonder if there are dated receipts for the clothes. I thought it was KR who made the business trips.

Something's not sitting right.

A struggling business and an overseas junket? Surely it would make better business sense to order online from regular suppliers? Perhaps someone with knowledge of the trade could clarify?

And yes, context of BR's remark is important.

Geez, the number of times we've been driving through a forested area and I've said things like 'Down that valley with all those ferns would be a good place to get rid of someone.'
But then again, my OH knows I'm a WSer and just sighs :laughing:

I'm with you, sosocurious and Oz Jen--so many unanswered questions in this case, it's really frustrating at times. Hopefully we get answers soon, very soon!!

Geez, the number of times we've been driving through a forested area and I've said things like 'Down that valley with all those ferns would be a good place to get rid of someone.'
But then again, my OH knows I'm a WSer and just sighs :laughing:
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I've lost count of the number of times I've made a similar comment when driving past or through a forested area and been told I need to stop visiting "that" crime site pffft.. :laughing:

And yet another twist ...... oh boy, what's coming next, the mind boggles ...... um, this is the first time anyone's actually said publicly that BR is of, err, questionable character, isn't it?
I think it is, Itsapuzzle. I could be wrong though. :thinking:

Just drove past the house and Karen's car is parked out the front!!! I took down the rego but no pics - felt too risky. PM me for rego if you're interested.

Following on from my last post -Now I'm doubting myself. What year was Karen's car made again? Perhaps it was just a similar car. Ugh. This case is making me crazy.

Are many of you believing this latest drip-feed?
Seems a bit suss to me...the plot thickens...
Investigators will need hard evidence to prove this in court, if you ask me!

Where's Sarah atm?...I've been thinking that BR and SR had more to do with Karen's Bella Bleu shops than we were led to believe originally...
Was Sarah at the shop working on the morning Karen disappeared or was she at Uni, even though I know that there was that other employee who phoned Borce to advise him that Karen hadn't turned up for work on the morning of 29/6/16...

Why don't we know more about "tight-lipped Sarah" in all of this, as very little about her has been revealed in the media (as though she is being protected by someone)...
So many questions needing to be answered!

The more I study the body language of Sarah in those earlier days after Karen's disappearance, I really believe now that Sarah knows what happened to Karen...

I'm also wondering if the "undesirable loan shark" responsible for helping out BR with the loan is also connected to VR's horseracing buddies...

I'm now thinking...
BR Number 1 Suspect for Karen's murder
SR knows what happened
VR and CR helped in cover-up of Karen's body
THEY may try to link AR, but I don't feel he is involved in the actual murder or cover-up...MOO :pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail