Identified! GA - Ware Co., BlkFem Child 15UFGA, 2-4, in cement-filled suitcase, Dec'88 - Kenyatta Odom

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/15ufga.html

Unidentified Black Female Child Discovered in the Milwood area of Ware County, Georgia on December 21, 1988

Cause of death is unknown. Death occurred 1 - 2 months before discovery.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 3 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 2'8" - 3'1"; 23 - 27 pounds.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Curly black hair and brown eyes.
  • Dentals: There were slight gaps between her baby teeth.
  • Clothing: The victim was wearing white pajama pants, a diaper and and a white, knit pullover shirt with a red pony emblem in the upper left chest area. She had brightly colored bows in her hair.
Case History
The victim's body was wrapped in a brown baby blanket. The body was placed in a gym bag, then a cement-filled metal suitcase. The suitcase was wrapped with silver duct tape, encased in a plastic sheet and hidden inside the television console nailed shut with plywood and placed at an isolated Ware County garbage dump.
The child had been dead one to two months prior to discovery. An autopsy was inconclusive because of the decomposition of her body. Investigators also don't know if she might have been alive when sealed inside the suitcase.
A logging truck driver who stepped into the woods to relieve himself discovered the girl's body when he became curious about an old television console laying nearby. The console broke open when he kicked it over - revealing a black metal suitcase hidden inside.

It is obvious that the killer of this little girl took great care to dispose of her body. My impression is that he may have put the concrete inside the metal suitcase in the hope that it would sink when put into water, but that instead of sinking, it floated. Rather than risk being caught digging a grave, he decided to put the whole thing into the back of an old TV and quickly dump it. If he was lucky, a bulldozer would have pushed it to a hole and filled it in.

Rather than facilitating disposal of the body, his efforts preserved it.

The killer is likely a black male who is handy at and knowledgeable of mixing concrete, and building things. He would have to be fairly strong in order to carry and throw a cement filled suitcase.

This case is probably not about abduction and abuse by a stranger, or serial killer. It is more likely about a violent family member striking or punishing the child for some infraction and killing her, then doing all he could to dispose of her.

There is likely another connected murder of the girl's mother, and/or a report by someone of a missing child who either "ran away" or was "stolen by persons unknown", or about a mother who left with her baby. This maggot was careful and coniving. He would have tried to cover all bases.

Unless the mother was complicit in the crime. I agree, this seems most likely a family crime.

It seems to me there had to be some forensic evidence available here...Fibers or hair in the concrete, or in the duct tape (there had to be several feet of it to wrap a suitcase). Not to mention prints preserved inside the briefcase, or in the TV console. Whoever did this was not unknown to police.

A metal suitcase? They're fairly common, though I think they're referring to more of a briefcase than a suitcase. Had to be fairly large, though, to fit the baby, wrapped in a blanket, and then fill with concrete.

Someone had a lot of time to think about this and then carry it out. :mad:

shadowangel said:
Yeah, not like me in the big city, population 3,400.....:D :innocent:
Until I moved to a bigger "city" (about 24k people) I was living in a town of about 350 (400 if you count dogs and cats.) :)
Although there are a few small factories here its mostly a farming area.
However if a body turned up here in a metal suitcase it would tell me the thing came from somewhere else, not local.

Those poor angels.:angel: I wonder if the detctives ever compared this child's footprints with those on birth certificates in hospitals in the region or tried to trace black female infants born in 1984-86 in the local and surrounding areas. Ones that can't be accounted for would be good place to start. What I find odd is that her hair was styled in bows. It seems like someone she knew loved and cared for her. Perhaps if a 3D clay facial reconstruction was made and publicised that may prompt someone's memories in the state of Georgia about a child they once knew.

I just realized I had researched cases from 1985, not the correct year 1988. Sorry about the mistake. There are so many similiarities too! sigh,

sorry again.

I must agree, she does look like the new sketches...but can't she be ruled out by the timeline?

Can someone please link to the new sketches. TIA

I just thought I would add that they have posted some more recons for this little angel. The new ones look so much better. I don't know how to link the new doe pages, if someone wants to do that for me.

When did they post the new recons? When I pulled her case up, I don't see any new ones. She is a precious baby. I hope she gets justice.

When did they post the new recons? When I pulled her case up, I don't see any new ones. She is a precious baby. I hope she gets justice.

Hmm, maybe they are only new to me because it has been so long since I looked at her case. At first they only had the one sketch, which didn't even look like a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back