Dog jumps into Long Island Sound to rescue fawn

amazing! dogs are awesome

What a wonderful story! Love the dog and the people who were there to help with the rescue!

Sorry that I have to point out that this is a hunting breed and was not rescuing the deer but retrieving it for his owner. If the deer had tried to run the dog would have stopped it. As much as we want to attribute human behavior to animals they are animals and will do what is in their nature or what they are trained to do.

Your right, my DH pointed out the same thing. He's a hunter and we have always had yellow labs, and I'm terrible about attributing human behavior to animals (I better stay away from the African safari!). But, in the end, the fawn was rescued and after reading terrible things, it's nice to read a heartwarming story even if thru rose-colored glasses.
Sorry that I have to point out that this is a hunting breed and was not rescuing the deer but retrieving it for his owner. If the deer had tried to run the dog would have stopped it. As much as we want to attribute human behavior to animals they are animals and will do what is in their nature or what they are trained to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back