977 users online (87 members and 890 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Marty Lang, 50, Pend Oreille County, 14 July 2017

The Sheriff's Office says 50-year-old Marty J. Lang picked up his dogs from a friend in Coeur d'Alene on Friday and hasn't been seen since...When a friend came to check on him when he didn't show up to work on Monday, they found both cars Lang owns were on the property, along with one of the dogs. However, Lang and his other dog were nowhere to be found.
    http://www.khq.com/story/35913091/ha...lle-county-man

To clarify he was last seen in CDA Idaho but he apparently made it to his land in Pend Oreille County. Local news story did mention he had told family members he had a run in with a bear previously. We have had a busy bear season this year in WA and ID.

His family has been very active on FB getting the word out. His son did an interview with KHQ. Hopefully the site will update with that interview.
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. There has been justice for Jhessye!

A photo of Marty: 14414257_G.jpg
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. There has been justice for Jhessye!

I was just gonna post under Marty J. Lang from the msm I was reading. I fecided to try another search under Marty Lang without the J and thankfully found he has been
    posted as missing.

The Pend Oreille Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating a 50-year-old Pend Oreille County Resident, Marty J. Lang, who lives off of Scotia Road.

If you have information about Lang's whereabouts, you are asked to contact the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office at 1-800-669-3407.

http://www.kxly.com/news/local-news/...-man/589460386
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Family of the Newport man missing since last week are holding onto hope 50-year-old Marty Lang will be found soon.

Lang was last heard from on Friday while he was at the Department of Motor Vehicle. When Lang didn't show up to work on Monday or drop of his beloved Chihuahua dogs with his girlfriend, friends and family started to worry.

A friend stopped by to check on Lang and discovered a locked gate and a thermos and cooler near his truck. The friend also noticed one of two dogs missing.

http://www.kxly.com/news/family-of-m...pe-1/590370885

ETA Lots of wooded area. I wonder if the missing dog would take off and Marty went after him?
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 07-20-2017 at 05:08 AM.

You might have the right idea about the dog. See this comment...

"At first i was kind of thinking maybe he took off after the dog, said Thomas. But said a neighbor claimed to have seen the dog on his lawn Friday night.

http://www.kxly.com/news/local-news/...ir-1/589565801

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offering a reward now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2326 View Post
    You might have the right idea about the dog. See this comment...

"At first i was kind of thinking maybe he took off after the dog, said Thomas. But said a neighbor claimed to have seen the dog on his lawn Friday night.

http://www.kxly.com/news/local-news/...ir-1/589565801

I know my neighbors dogs will take out but only so far. I guess it depends on the personality of the dogs, training and age.
    Mentioned of Bear so I assume he would go aftet the dog vs waiting for him to hopefully return home.

Theyve found the missing dog, still no sign of Marty.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The Pend Oreille Sheriff's Department searched for Lang on Monday and Wednesday on a mountain near his home.

"And they covered this whole terrain and when they didn't find a single scent whatsoever that was kind of a shot to the gut," said Thomas Lang, Marty Lang's son.

On Sunday, a grade operator spotted what he thought was Lang's dog about a mile and a half from his home.

Search and rescue crews focused their efforts in that specific area Wednesday.

"My dad is the toughest man that you'll ever shake hands with. And you just don't do that for family, you don't give up hope," said Lang.

http://www.kxly.com/news/family-of-m...pe-1/590370885

Missing People In The Inland Northwest, Lets Bring Them Home shared KHQ Hayley Guenthner's photo.

July 20 at 7:36pm

UPDATE : Missing man's dog found but he is still missing. Please help his son find him. Please share.

KHQ Hayley GuenthnerLike Page July 20 at 5:29pm

UPDATE: The family is now offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to Marty's whereabouts. Below is their statement ...
    "The family of Marty Lang is... offering a $5,000.00 reward for information leading to his whereabouts and/or the arrest of any person who may be responsible for his disappearance."
    Marty Lang (50) remains missing tonight, despite days of extensive search efforts. His pup Sunni, who was also missing, has been found about three or four miles from I'm where Marty was living on Scotia Road. Marty's son is desperate for answers.

See More
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

So through some reading I found some info. All speculation. Search dogs can smell a missing person's dog and then track that scent. If Marty's dog went with him, a big If, then more info is possible.
    The area that Marty was living is made up of meth labs, illegal pot growers and people who want to be left alone. Not a good combination for searching for a missing person. There will be land that can't be searched.
    There is also speculation that someone was in his house and left the door open, although one dog was found there scared.

bumping for Marty......