1013 users online (153 members and 860 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Minneapolis police shoot and kill woman who called 911

http://www.startribune.com/woman-kil...s/434782213/#1

The woman called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley behind her home.

'Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driverís side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driverís side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.'

The body cams weren't on and there is no recording of the incident.

What the heck happened here????

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Ok This thread is for those of you who want to get political about this topic.

If you would like to discuss this case in a manner that does not include politics then please join the discussion in our Up to the Minute forum.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I do think that he will be charged with at least manslaughter, if only for the international aspect of the victim as damage control.

What really gets me about this case is that even though we have no idea what happened yet, the folks who are usually cop apologists when a person of colour is killed by a cop, are now immediately taking the side of the victim. It really does seem that some choose sides in these cases based on the skin colour or ethnicity of the victim and perps.

Usually certain folks are digging into the backgrounds of the victim, but in this particular case they are all over the cop.
    Interesting.....
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    What really gets me about this case is that even though we have no idea what happened yet, the folks who are usually cop apologists when a person of colour is killed by a cop, are now immediately taking the side of the victim. It really does seem that some choose sides in these cases based on the skin colour or ethnicity of the victim and perps.

Usually certain folks are digging into the backgrounds of the victim, but in this particular case they are all over the cop.
    Interesting.....
    Yes, that is exactly what a lot of folks do. The brown-skinned people MUST be the bad guys, no matter what.

I myself, am just really ****** tired of bad cops murdering innocent people. Something needs to be done about this, but will it?
    "Do you hate America? What the h**l is wrong with you?" - The Mister

Interesting.....
    Perhaps they have and there isn't anything to find on the victim? I tend to support LE most of the time, but I like to wait for actual facts to come out. So far we know very little. It's hard to support the victim or the cop knowing so little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    Perhaps they have and there isn't anything to find on the victim? I tend to support LE most of the time, but I like to wait for actual facts to come out. So far we know very little. It's hard to support the victim or the cop knowing so little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, hard to have a firm opinion with so little known. The point I am making is the same folks who rushed to judgement on lets say, Philando Castile and others, those same people are now making the assumption that the pretty blonde victim in this case is "goodie 2 shoes" and the muslim cop is a demon.

It is just interesting thats all....

And I am not only specifically speaking of the members here.

I tend to support the honest cops with integrity....
    Last edited by CoolJ; 07-19-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

I agree, hard to have a firm opinion with so little known. The point I am making is the same folks who rushed to judgement on lets say, Philando Castile and others, those same people are now making the assumption that the pretty blonde victim in this case is "goodie 2 shoes" and the muslim cop is a demon.

There was plenty of victim blaming on the other thread. Probably deleted by now but it was there.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

Interesting.....
    Saw this and NOPED right out of the thread. Felt my blood pressure rising and decided to exit stage left.

Entirely predictable, IMO.

Body camera policy reviewed

Minneapolis police policy says body cameras should be turned on prior to use of force "as soon as it is safe to do so" and during "any contact involving criminal activity."

This is not a policy imo, it's a pass and or get out of jail free card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Entirely predictable, IMO.
    It is very predictable or rather, just play up on 'initial concerns' here.

Skin and religion vs. Skin and religion?

Him or her?

It is too clear cut and too easy to cross one versus the other, so, right?

It can be about protocol, or whether or not a more suitable force could have assisted the situation better.

Then it can go from: do we need more guns, or more cops to help cops do their jobs and interpret a situation, or what if...?

What do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica100 View Post
    It is very predictable or rather, just play up on 'initial concerns' here.

Skin and religion vs. Skin and religion?

Him or her?

It is too clear cut and too easy to cross one versus the other, so, right?

It can be about protocol, or whether or not a more suitable force could have assisted the situation better.

Then it can go from: do we need more guns, or more cops to help cops do their jobs and interpret a situation, or what if...?

What do I know?
    Sorry but this isn't about race. IMO it's about a rookie cop who was twitchy. There's tons of info we are not privy to. But IMO it's going to come down to him being inexperienced and scared. And I'm only quoting your post because it was the last I read and don't want to scroll up.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    Sorry but this isn't about race. IMO it's about a rookie cop who was twitchy. There's tons of info we are not privy to. But IMO it's going to come down to him being inexperienced and scared. And I'm only quoting your post because it was the last I read and don't want to scroll up.
    Yes, it is. IMO. Race and religion. Spin it any way you want. But, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    It's about race because people want to make it about race in the Politvent forum. You can't change it.

Next stop is Islamophobia.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast