IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Carroll County Sheriff Toby Leazenby said Abigail Williams and Liberty German were last seen around 1 p.m. when they were dropped off to go hiking at High Bridge, just east of Delphi.

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

Two bodies found along a northern Indiana stream are those of two teenage girls who went missing Mondayand their deaths are being investigated as homicides, authorities said on Wednesday.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said autopsies performed Wednesday determined that the bodies are those of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, both of Delphi.

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon along Deer Creek near Delphi, about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis. Police said the girls’ bodies were about three-quarters of a mile from an abandoned railroad bridge where they were dropped off Monday to go hiking.

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference of 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

<broken link>

Pictures of Abby and Libby
Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #50
Thread #51
Thread #52
Thread #53
Thread #54
Thread #55
Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58
Thread #59
Thread #60
Thread #61
Thread #62

*Media Maps & Timelines*
IMAGE Discussion Thread
Scanner Thread
Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with the latest grayhuze crime flow video

grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

1) There are no named POIs or suspects in this case. A search warrant was served upon the owner of the property (RL) where the girls' bodies were found. RL was taken into custody for an unrelated crime during that time. His statements to press and subsequent arrest for the unrelated matters are all open for discussion.

a. You may not outright accuse him of the murders but may make comparisons of his physical appearance and demeanor from MSM to those of the unidentified suspect on the bridge.

b. DO NOT post photos of random individuals to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

2) IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

3) Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police to release &#8216;important&#8217; new information regarding Delphi murder suspect
JULY 17, 2017

DELPHI, Ind. &#8211; More than five months after the disappearance of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, investigators with Indiana State Police say they will release &#8220;important&#8221; and &#8220;significant&#8221; information regarding the suspect in the Delphi murder investigation.

The information is expected to come this morning by 10 a.m.

Police to release &#8216;significant&#8217; information regarding Delphi murder investigation

Sgt. Kim Riley tells CBS4 it will help clarify some of the pictures that have been seen related to the investigation and the man on the bridge.

Riley says this is the result of information to the tip line and follow-up investigations in the past couple of weeks.

According to police, there are no arrests at this time, and Riley could not comment as to whether they are close to making an arrest.

Please keep the discussion limited to today's news. Depending on what is released will determine how long the thread will remain open.

Fingers crossed.

Thank you

[video=twitter;886964390876119040]https://twitter.com/MeredithBarack/status/886964390876119040[/video]

DE8hPujUMAATU5N.jpg

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/07/17/new-details-released-delphi-double-homicide-investigation/483717001/
The sketch comes nearly five months after the last piece of evidence was disclosed by a team of investigators comprised of local, state and federal authorities, including the FBI.

With those exceptions, police have remained tight-lipped, declining to release further evidence from German's phone or comment on the details of the girls' injuries.
Detectives have sifted through 18,000 tips and have interviewed at least 1,000 people as part of the high-profile double homicide investigation.
While several unrelated arrests have been made during the investigation, a suspect in the slayings has not been identified.
Meanwhile, a reward fund for information leading to an arrest has continued to grow, surpassing $230,000

attachment.php

Attachments

• 636358861425989523-sketch.jpg
    636358861425989523-sketch.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 231
This morning googling news a NYTimes article came up quoting Sgt Riley that changes up the details a little bit about the sketch and how it was obtained. It's dated Tuesday 7/18/17. With all due respect to LE, just wanted to show the variations put out since Monday morning.

1st version: At the press conference Monday morning 7/17/17 Sgt Riley made an apparent slip saying "she" when referring to a witness.
2nd version: Later on Monday 7/17/17 subsequent news articles via Associated Press quoted Sheriff Leazenby as saying the 'witness saw the man walking near Delphi..only recently met with an FBI sketch artist...he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man...' http://www.nbc29.com/story/35903873/witness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-indiana-teens-deaths

3rd most recent version in italics below:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html
Sgt. Riley said in the interview on Tuesday that the sketch of the suspect had been made from information the authorities received from public tips, but he declined to say whether the information came from one or more people or how it was handed over.

“It came through because of information that we received from persons that were in the area,” around the time the girls went missing, he said. “Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”

Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said.

“It takes quite a while to get a sketch put together,” Sgt. Riley said. “We let the person look at the picture and come back a few days later and ask, ‘Do you remember anything else?’”
Sgt. Riley said that after the release of the sketch, extra personnel were brought on to help with the expected influx of information.

Trying to quote a post from the previous thread.

her said: Today 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by iscaremyself
the new witness saw someone 60miles NW of indianapolis..delphi is 70 miles north and slightly west of indianapolis so by my reconing I'd say 40 miles south/west of delphi..ballpark around attica IN. That is a long way to connect the dots

Originally Posted by Krwiley60
The woman witness saw him by the trails. Obviously someone got the mileage wrong.

no, a news article quoting LE said the description came from someone 70 miles NW of indiana. The woman you mention is different.

Edit: I posted a slight correction post #798
How do you get 40?
70 miles-60 miles is 10 miles, to me that's pretty close to saying Delphi or the outskirts of Delphi.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showpost.php?p=13510253&share_type=t

------
The line from the news story reads: "Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby (tohb LEHZ'-ehn-BEE') says the witness saw the man walking around the time 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams were slain near their hometown of Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-2-killings

It is explaining that Delphi is about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis, not that the witness saw the man in the sketch 60 miles northwest of Delphi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This morning googling news a NYTimes article came up quoting Sgt Riley that changes up the details a little bit about the sketch and how it was obtained. It's dated Tuesday 7/18/17. With all due respect to LE, just wanted to show the variations put out since Monday morning.

1st version: At the press conference Monday morning 7/17/17 Sgt Riley made an apparent slip saying "she" when referring to a witness.
2nd version: Later on Monday 7/17/17 subsequent news articles via Associated Press quoted Sheriff Leazenby as saying the 'witness saw the man walking near Delphi..only recently met with an FBI sketch artist...he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man...' http://www.nbc29.com/story/35903873/witness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-indiana-teens-deaths

3rd most recent version in italics below:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html
Sgt. Riley said in the interview on Tuesday that the sketch of the suspect had been made from information the authorities received from public tips, but he declined to say whether the information came from one or more people or how it was handed over.

“It came through because of information that we received from persons that were in the area,” around the time the girls went missing, he said. “Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”

Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said.

“It takes quite a while to get a sketch put together,” Sgt. Riley said. “We let the person look at the picture and come back a few days later and ask, ‘Do you remember anything else?’”
Sgt. Riley said that after the release of the sketch, extra personnel were brought on to help with the expected influx of information.
Thanks kizzy, for posting the link and different versions.

Trying to quote a post from the previous thread.

her said: Today 06:32 AM
the new witness saw someone 60miles NW of indianapolis..delphi is 70 miles north and slightly west of indianapolis so by my reconing I'd say 40 miles south/west of delphi..ballpark around attica IN. That is a long way to connect the dots

Originally Posted by Krwiley60
The woman witness saw him by the trails. Obviously someone got the mileage wrong.

no, a news article quoting LE said the description came from someone 70 miles NW of indiana. The woman you mention is different.

Edit: I posted a slight correction post #798
How do you get 40?
70 miles-60 miles is 10 miles, to me that's pretty close to saying Delphi or the outskirts of Delphi.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showpost.php?p=13510253&share_type=t

------
The line from the news story reads: "Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby (tohb LEHZ'-ehn-BEE') says the witness saw the man walking around the time 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams were slain near their hometown of Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-2-killings

It is explaining that Delphi is about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis, not that the witness saw the man in the sketch 60 miles northwest of Delphi.

*eta: My post was agreeing with what you said Delphi is the location *
Missing the point, I was confused about the first post, it still makes no sense. What does Attica have to do with it?

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/07/19/delphi-murder-suspect-sketch-draws-surge-of-tips-for-police/
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says investigators received at least 1,000 leads via email and telephone within 24 hours of Monday&#8217;s release of the FBI artist&#8217;s sketch of the man. Prior to releasing the sketch, police said tips had decreased to about 10 per day. &#8220;The public is looking at this again&#8230; it&#8217;s helping. It&#8217;s also encouraging for the investigators, too,&#8221; ISP Sgt. Kim Riley said
attachment.php

Attachments

• side-by-side-delphi-suspect-pic-cbs.jpg
    side-by-side-delphi-suspect-pic-cbs.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,813
Whew! When I arrived at the previous (closed) thread this morning and saw Tricia's post about not to discuss Duvall, I was afraid the entire thread had been shut down. I never jump to the end of a closed thread to immediately go to the next thread because I want to read all that I've missed so I was really really glad to see that this is still open. Hoping that today's the day for justice! Also hoping that today's the day that there will be no discussion about hats or anything else that will put this thread in jeopardy.

attachment.php
Something I noticed about the sketch that I can't get a grasp on just yet.

There appears to be a lighter colored circle somewhat between his eyes on his forehead. I'm having a hard time trying to describe it. See picture.

So, I'm wondering why that area is lighter in color that the rest of the area? Could this be from sunglasses? Anyone else with any other thoughts?
attachment.php

LOL. He looks like he has a bullseye on him when I circle the spot....LOL

Let today be the day!!

Attachments

• delphi-suspect-3_crop1.jpg
    delphi-suspect-3_crop1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,868
  • delphi-suspect-3_crop.jpeg
    delphi-suspect-3_crop.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 2,867
I'm hoping they put his picture on the electronic billboards, this would be helpful for people that are not familiar with the case.

attachment.php

There appears to be a lighter colored circle somewhat between his eyes on his forehead. I'm having a hard time trying to describe it. See picture.

So, I'm wondering why that area is lighter in color that the rest of the area? Could this be from sunglasses? Anyone else with any other thoughts?
attachment.php

Let today be the day!!

The artist used lighter coloring to denote the raised parts of his face. The glabella, the space between the eyebrows, is raised.

I notice his right eye is strange, different than his left...hopefully that's a tell for someone who knows him.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Let today be the day!!

I didn't notice the white spot until you mentioned it. :thinking:
It could be from wearing sunglasses ( although, it was winter) or, a mole was removed and it scared.

The artist used lighter coloring to denote the raised parts of his face. The glabella, the space between the eyebrows, is raised.

Nice catch! I suppose it :could: be nothing, and just the way the artist does shading, but I would venture to guess you're on track with the sunglasses thought.

I know it was winter but I wear sunglasses all throughout the year, y'know, when it's sunny.

Then I wonder why, if the crime was even somewhat planned, wouldn't he wear these sunglasses to avoid being recognized.

I guess it would be difficult to perform a crime with sunglasses on, as they could fall off and give LE a clue.

We've been discussing how difficult it is to remember faces and details, especially after a long period of time. What are the odds that the witness(es) remembered a tan line from sunglasses?

It would have to really stand out, like someone who wears sunglasses almost every day while working or spending long periods of time outside.

Hmm... thinking on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members