GUILTY PA - Jared Klein, 6, stabbed to death, Tyrone, 26 Dec 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Fugitive will be charged in Tyrone death
Tyrone police said they plan to charge Nathan Todd Shaw, a fugitive captured Wednesday in Blackwell, Okla., in the death of 6-year-old Jared Klein and the beating of Jared's mother, Christina Muoio, in their Tyrone home.

Jared died Monday from a single stab wound to his throat. Muoio was hospitalized and was in serious condition

More: http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/news/nation/13512526.htm

:(

Friends, family rallying around beaten mother
TYRONE - The New Year's holiday may have brought the investigation into 6-year-old Jared Klein's killing to a temporary halt.
But that's no reprieve for the family and friends of the young victim and his battered mother, Christina Muoio.

More:
http://www.altoonamirror.com/articles.asp?ID=14986

Still no answer as to who will face charges for the murder of 6-year-old Jared Klein, the little boy from Tyrone, who was stabbed to death while trying to protect his mother while she was being assaulted. When this all happened, Police were searching for the mother, Christina Muoio's ex-boyfriend, Nathan Shaw. Police refused to call him a suspect, but did say they wanted him for questioning.

More: http://www.wjactv.com/news/5799626/detail.html?rss=john&psp=news

Jared was a hero. Trying to protect his mom from harm. No doubt this family has been tortured for a long time and the abuse he saw gave him the impetus to try and stop it. Bless him. I wish there were safeguards that worked to protect these families from brutal attacks. Not restraining orders, they don't work.

concernedperson said:
Jared was a hero. Trying to protect his mom from harm. No doubt this family has been tortured for a long time and the abuse he saw gave him the impetus to try and stop it. Bless him. I wish there were safeguards that worked to protect these families from brutal attacks. Not restraining orders, they don't work.
I totally agree! What a brave little guy to do such a thing. This story is heartbreaking. As far as the ex goes, if he is indeed the one that did it, I hope he burns in h*ll!:behindbar

Poor little guy. So brave. Such a senseless death.

Blair County -- Tuesday night, the night he returned to Pennsylvania, Nathan Shaw was before the magistrate in Tyrone. Our news partner, The Altoona Mirror, is reporting it was then that Shaw was charged with criminal homicide in the stabbing death of 6-year-old Jared Klein. Police say the little boy was trying to protect his mom who was being beaten by Shaw, her ex-boyfriend. Shaw was arrested in Oklahoma just days after the murder.

The Blair County District Attorney said Shaw will now face a preliminary hearing within the next ten days.

I'm relatively new to this..but I've been keeping an eye on this one...that poor little boy.

ajc2804 - welcome to websleuths!!!!

Thanks for the information. How very sad for that young child - and he was so young to be such a huge hero for his mother!

less

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/crime_courts/13497496.htm

Police seek man in Tyrone stabbing

Former boyfriend 'person of interest' in death of boy, attack on mother

TYRONE -- A day after a 6-year old boy was stabbed to death and his mother severely beaten in their home, police were searching for the woman's ex-boyfriend, whom they called a "person of interest."

Jared Klein, of 1550 Pennsylvania Ave., sustained a single stab wound to the throat in the attack that occurred between 9:40 and 10 p.m. Monday. He died before emergency crews could reach the scene, police said.

His mother, Christina Muoio, was in serious condition Tuesday at Altoona Regional Hospital.

Police were searching for Nathan Todd Shaw, 25, saying they wished to interview him. No charges have been filed against him, police said.

More than 12 hours after the attack, Muoio's next-door neighbor, Carla Fink, sobbed as she recalled the scene that unfolded on her doorstep Monday night.

She said she was watching television when someone pounded on her door. She opened it to see a bloody, battered Muoio standing there, wearing only a T-shirt and underwear.

"I see the girl every day of my life and I didn't recognize her," Fink said, wiping her eyes with a tissue. "Her face was swollen, she was covered in blood."

Fink said she was frightened and slammed the door. Then she heard the person yell, "No, Carla. It's your next-door neighbor, Chrissy, I need your help."

Fink opened the door and Muoio stumbled inside.

"She said Nate Shaw stuck a knife through her little boy's throat, and her daughter was still over there," Fink said. Muoio said her attacker had left the house.

"I told her to get her daughter and get over here," Fink said.

Fink dialed 911 as Muoio went back to her home to get her 2-year-old daughter.

Tyrone police, when asked about Fink's account, reiterated that Shaw is only "a person of interest" at this point in the investigation.

Police said Shaw may be driving a red 1993 Nissan Sentra. He is described as a white man with blue eyes, and about 5 feet 11 inches tall.

Muoio's home, located in the shadow of the American Eagle Paper Co. on Tyrone's main thoroughfare, was being processed for evidence Tuesday by a specialized state police crime lab, based in Greensburg. The lab specializes in DNA testing.

Yellow crime tape cordoned off the walkway and front door, which was decorated with a red Christmas ribbon and flanked by a stroller and lawn chair.

Tyrone police said the Greensburg crime lab unit had been called because it is experienced in advanced evidence collection techniques. The knife used in the stabbing had been recovered, police said.

Blair County court records show Shaw has had numerous convictions over the past six years on charges such as assault, robbery and theft.

In 2004, Shaw was sentenced to serve one to two years at the State Correctional Institution at Chester for assaulting Muoio and a police officer. At that time, his address was listed as 1550 Pennsylvania Ave.

In June, Muoio filed for sole physical and legal custody of their daughter. It was granted in July.

"Nathan Shaw is in and out of jail," Muoio wrote in a statement for the custody case. "He is a drug addict and alcoholic."

Court documents stated that once Shaw was released from state custody, he was to have only supervised visits with his daughter. The court allowed Muoio and another relative to act as supervisors.

As Carla Fink answered a reporter's questions, her 7-year-old son, Gage, piped up. "Mama, how did Jared die?"

Fink, trying not to cry, directed his attention to his Christmas present, a new video game.

Looking at her own son, she can't help but think of the boy who died next door and his mother.

"She's such a quiet, sweet girl," Fink said. "You can look at her and tell she's just a sweet girl. I can't believe this happened to her."

http://www.wrtanews.com/artman/publish/printer_3430.shtml

This link includes a picture of Shaw and also describes his capture in Oklahoma.

The man wanted for questioning in the fatal stabbing of a 6-year-old Tyrone boy has been arrested in northern Oklahoma following a high-speed police chase.

25-year-old Nathan Shaw was arrested last night in Blackwell, Oklahoma, after police there got a report of a suspicious vehicle in a church parking lot. Tyrone Police have described Shaw as a person of interest in the Monday night killing of Jarod Klein and the beating of the boy's mother.

Blackwell Police asked Shaw for his license, he led them on a chase that saw speeds of up to 100 miles-per-hour. Tyrone Police Chief Joe Beachem says the car Shaw was driving belongs to Jarod's mother, Christina Muoio (moy-e-o). Mouio is Shaw's ex-girlfriend, and the father of her daughter. She remains hospitalized at the Altoona Regional Health System.

Shaw was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Fred Miller on charges criminal homicide, rape, sexual assault, several aggravated assault charges and numerous other charges. Shaw also requested a public defender before he was lodged without bail in the Blair County Prison.

A preliminayr hearing is scheduled for Tuesday January 17th but that will probably be rescheduled.

http://www.wrtanews.com/artman/publish/article_3508.shtml

Now that LE got this monster, hopefully the criminal justice system will see to it that he is exterminated! PRONTO

A Blair County man charged in the stabbing death of a 6-year-old boy will face the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder, prosecutors said Friday.

Nathan Shaw, 25, of Tyrone, dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit, stood motionless in front of Judge Daniel Milliron during his five-minute arraignment. Shaw also is accused of beating and raping the child’s mother, his former girlfriend.

Death was caused by a stabbing with such force that the blade went past the spinal column and into the tissue nearly to the back of the neck, a pathologist testified at Shaw’s preliminary hearing in January.

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_062234728.html

Jury selection began Monday in the case of a man accused of killing a 6-year-old boy after allegedly raping the boy's mother.

Nathan Shaw, of Blair County, could get the death penalty if convicted of stabbing the child to death.

Police believe Shaw raped Christina Moyou in her Tyrone home on Dec. 26, 2005, then began to beat her. Police said Moyou's son, 6-year-old Jared Klein, tried to intervene and protect his mother and 2-year-old sister. At that time, police said Shaw stabbed Jared to death and fled in Moyou's car.

Shaw was later captured in Oklahoma and extradited to Blair County. Last week, Shaw's attorney said he believes Shaw can get a fair trial by a Blair County jury.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/10695967/detail.html

Another story about a little child who was stabbed... I am sick to my stomach reading these stories today. I can't understand, for the life of me, WHO COULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? How could you stick a knife in the throat of a 6 year old innocent child? THe death penalty is too good for people who do this...:furious: :furious: :furious:

Amen Msshelia, it's just too darn good for them, the death penalty that is. They deserve something far worse....much darker, scarier, with lots of fear involved....

Brave little soul, the bravest of the brave....my heart breaks for him, his mom and his little sister

My visceral reaction is to annihilate him. Get him out of commission, so he can never cause such harm again. Suffering's too good for him, it would imply he could improve, and he can't. Get rid of him, and better society by doing so. :furious:

I just hope the coward that killed a little boy gets everything he deserves in this life and the next. This broke my heart....this little 6year old boy was more man than his killer. He lost his life protecting his Momma. My prayers go out to his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back