1438 users online (266 members and 1172 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    OJ is planning on living in Las Vegas for now it appears:

O.J. Simpson plans to live at a home in the Las Vegas area for the foreseeable future, a Nevada parole official said Sunday -- possibly ending speculation that the notorious former football star might ditch the state for Florida.
    State Parole and Probation Capt. Shawn Arruti told The Associated Press that Simpson has one approved residential plan, and it doesn't currently include a move to Florida or any other state. However, Arruti said that could change in the future.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/01...cial-says.html

However:

O.J. Simpson’s lawyer Malcolm LaVergne said that he will move back to Florida, his home before the Las Vegas robbery. Florida’s Attorney General, Pam Bondi said that O.J. Simpson is not welcome in Florida, but if he meets the parole transfer criteria, the state must allow him to move home.

“I’ve handled parole hearings my entire time as a prosecutor and … I have never seen such lack of remorse in my entire career,” Bondi said to “Fox and Friends” Sunday. “It’s a shame, frankly, because his children have led really good lives — they’ve chosen to live under anonymity, and now he’s gonna bring them to the forefront of this.”
    http://www.ibtimes.com/where-are-oj-...-brown-2596044

2 of his kids live in Florida. No word that I can find on whether or not they want their dad in Florida.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...coming/2339574
    OJ Simpson's lawyer blasts Bondi as 'stupid,' says Simpson definitely coming to Florida
    Monday, October 2, 2017 3:38pm
    OJ Simpson's lawyer Malcolm Lavergne is outraged with Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, blasting her as "possibly the stupidest person on the planet."
    […]
    It's virtually a foregone conclusion that Simpson will be moving to Florida when he chooses and once Nevada approves it. That's handled by the Nevada Division of Parole and Florida department of corrections, not the attorney general."
    […]
    Lavergne argued Simpson has a right to move to Florida under the rules of the Interstate Compact, which says states must automatically accept transfers if certain criteria are met, such as the offender being a resident of the receiving state, having family in that state and having means to support themselves.
    Lavergne noted that Simpson's grown children live in Tampa Bay and that Simpson was a Florida resident at the time of his Nevada arrest.
    […]
    Lavergne called it "unprecedented" for an attorney general to single out an offender seeking transfer.
    "He has zero circumstances that would prevent his transfer. Florida has a million felons running around. Is he the only parolee in Florida?" Lavergne said.
    […]
    Bondi did acknowledge Sunday that Florida may have no choice but to accept Simpson.
    […]

Wow, such maturity from an allegedly professional adult.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10