1093 users online (179 members and 914 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 149
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,622

    A Whopping $1 Billion In Social Security Gone — Americans Demand Answers.

    Just to clarify, before posting this thread I want to state that this IS a political discussion forum. Every time I start a thread some one mentions some where WITHIN that thread, why or how is this even relevant? Well, it may NOT be to you, but to me, it is. I never question ANYONE on why they start a thread. That is none of my business. So if this doesn't interest you, please DO NOT subscribe, and scroll and roll. My opinion matters, whether you think so or not. Mods please delete if inappropriate. I do not want to cross boundaries.

    The Left has been busy hand-wringing over the supposed costs of the pending border wall with Mexico, yet didn’t seem to mind that under Obama, the Social Security Administration issued a billion dollars in benefits to people without a valid SSN.

    That’s probably because many of the recipients are the Democrats favorite group, illegals.

    The agency’s inspector general that conducted the audit has also said that unless policies are reformed, about $182 million per year will continue to be paid out to those without valid identification.

    http://conservativefighters.com/news...emand-answers/
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    999
    Check trumps pockets

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Just to clarify, before posting this thread I want to state that this IS a political discussion forum. Every time I start a thread some one mentions some where WITHIN that thread, why or how is this even relevant? Well, it may NOT be to you, but to me, it is. I never question ANYONE on why they start a thread. That is none of my business. So if this doesn't interest you, please DO NOT subscribe, and scroll and roll. My opinion matters, whether you think so or not. Mods please delete if inappropriate. I do not want to cross boundaries.

    The Left has been busy hand-wringing over the supposed costs of the pending border wall with Mexico, yet didn’t seem to mind that under Obama, the Social Security Administration issued a billion dollars in benefits to people without a valid SSN.

    That’s probably because many of the recipients are the Democrats favorite group, illegals.

    The agency’s inspector general that conducted the audit has also said that unless policies are reformed, about $182 million per year will continue to be paid out to those without valid identification.

    http://conservativefighters.com/news...emand-answers/
    There is so much to unpack in this post that I don't even know why I want to bother. But let's start with the entire premise of this "article" and how it just out and out goes after Democrats. "Political", indeed. If by political you mean completely 1000% biased and not at all "fair and balanced". This doesn't invite discussion, it's an overt attack.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,276
    Oh hey, your source is a conspiracy and propaganda site. So that's cool.

    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/conservative-fighters/

    Bias: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,622
    Love you guys!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Love you guys!
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was bait and I fell for it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,622
    ......................
    Last edited by Tulessa; 07-20-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was bait and I fell for it.
    Huh? There was no hidden meaning there. But what ever floats your canoe.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,012

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,367
    Feds paid $1 billion in Social Security benefits to individuals without a SSN

    The agency’s inspector general found errors in the government’s documentation for representative payees, otherwise known as individuals who receive retirement or disability payments on behalf of another person who is incapable of managing the benefits themselves.

    The audit released Friday found thousands of cases where there was no SSN on file.

    Over the last decade, the agency paid $1 billion to 22,426 representative payees who "did not have an SSN, and SSA had not followed its policy to retain the paper application."

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...thout-ssn.html
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,790
    Did the folks who wrote these articles actually read the government report?

    It does not say the people receiving the benefits are not entitled to them. The problem the audit points out is that the associated paperwork is being filled out incorrectly when the recipient - such as a child or a disabled person - needs to have a representative handle their benefits check.

    The report also does not say that the benefit recipients do not have a social security number. Only that some of the representatives don't have them. And that is apparently legal because their is a government form for that situation mentioned in the audit.

    In all, at least this portion of the audit is addressing a recording issue.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Just to clarify, before posting this thread I want to state that this IS a political discussion forum. Every time I start a thread some one mentions some where WITHIN that thread, why or how is this even relevant? Well, it may NOT be to you, but to me, it is. I never question ANYONE on why they start a thread. That is none of my business. So if this doesn't interest you, please DO NOT subscribe, and scroll and roll. My opinion matters, whether you think so or not. Mods please delete if inappropriate. I do not want to cross boundaries.

    The Left has been busy hand-wringing over the supposed costs of the pending border wall with Mexico, yet didn’t seem to mind that under Obama, the Social Security Administration issued a billion dollars in benefits to people without a valid SSN.

    That’s probably because many of the recipients are the Democrats favorite group, illegals.

    The agency’s inspector general that conducted the audit has also said that unless policies are reformed, about $182 million per year will continue to be paid out to those without valid identification.

    http://conservativefighters.com/news...emand-answers/
    C**** on a crutch, before posting (gleefully) about something like this, you MIGHT want to a) use a valid source and b) do some reading.
    This audit has NOTHING to do with "illegals" getting SS benefits. It has to do with the SSA not keeping appropriate records for representative payees. And it is not illegal for a rep. payee to be a non citizen.
    Lordy.
    "Do you hate America? What the h**l is wrong with you?" - The Mister

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,367
    Quote Originally Posted by melissasmom View Post
    C**** on a crutch, before posting (gleefully) about something like this, you MIGHT want to a) use a valid source and b) do some reading.
    This audit has NOTHING to do with "illegals" getting SS benefits. It has to do with the SSA not keeping appropriate records for representative payees. And it is not illegal for a rep. payee to be a non citizen.
    Lordy.
    Government benefits are also going to illegal aliens through the representative payee system. 17 percent of representative payees in the sample did not have an SSN recorded because they were undocumented noncitizens, the inspector general said.



    The inspector general also found the agency paid $853.1 million in benefits since 2004 to individuals who had been terminated as representative payees by the agency.

    The inspector general said the errors occurred because the agency did not keep paper applications supporting an individual’s case to receive benefits on behalf of another and did not update its system if their status was terminated.

    http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-pa...5137d-46179017
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Government benefits are also going to illegal aliens through the representative payee system. 17 percent of representative payees in the sample did not have an SSN recorded because they were undocumented noncitizens, the inspector general said.



    The inspector general also found the agency paid $853.1 million in benefits since 2004 to individuals who had been terminated as representative payees by the agency.

    The inspector general said the errors occurred because the agency did not keep paper applications supporting an individual’s case to receive benefits on behalf of another and did not update its system if their status was terminated.

    http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-pa...5137d-46179017
    From your source...

    Illegal aliens without SSNs are allowed to receive benefits from the government when acting as representatives for their minor children.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Government benefits are also going to illegal aliens through the representative payee system. 17 percent of representative payees in the sample did not have an SSN recorded because they were undocumented noncitizens, the inspector general said.



    The inspector general also found the agency paid $853.1 million in benefits since 2004 to individuals who had been terminated as representative payees by the agency.

    The inspector general said the errors occurred because the agency did not keep paper applications supporting an individual’s case to receive benefits on behalf of another and did not update its system if their status was terminated.

    http://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-pa...5137d-46179017
    A representative payee is not "getting" Social Security benefits though. They person they are acting as a payee for does (as I'm sure you know). They are not getting this money for themselves, they are not a beneficiary. So people should not believe a news source ( I use that term loosely) that makes it sound like "OMG thoze illeguls iz getting all the Socul Secuiteez."
    "Do you hate America? What the h**l is wrong with you?" - The Mister

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast