TX TX - Shaila Noormohamed, 59, Midland, 14 July 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
missing+womanwork+sf.jpg

According to MPD's Facebook post 59-year old Shaila Jiwani Noormohamed has been missing since Friday, July 14.

She is described as being 5 foot 5 inches in height, around 200 pounds with brown eyes and with shoulder length brown hair.

According to the facebook post, Noormohamed was last seen wearing a dark shirt and slacks and may be wearing a hat.

Also according to the post, Shaila could be driving a 2001 dark green Ford Ranger pickup.
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Mi...s-help-locating-missing-woman--435731883.html

I walk this mountain, or try to, 3 times a week. There have been complaints on our crimewatch fb page about a man in a pickup following and harassing women. There were 3 complaints one morning while I was there but I never saw anything. I wasn't there on the 14th. I can't believe we didn't hear about this woman when it happened instead of two weeks later when there are so many woman that walk there every day and there has been complaints.

It doesn't say it in the news snippet but in the article is says she was last seen on Big Spring State Park, what we affectionately call "The Mountain". I haven't heard anything about a search for her. It says at 6 am. The gate is not opened until 7 am but you can still park and easily walk around the gate. I wonder who last saw her and if they actually saw her there. Why come from Midland to walk the mountain at 6 am. It's about a 45 minute drive. Unless she works nearby. My Mom used to work at the hospital and walk every morning after work.

http://www.mrt.com/news/local/article/Friend-Midland-woman-was-last-seen-July-14-11532173.php

"Law enforcement, as well as family and friends, are asking the public’s help to locate a 59-year-old Midland woman who was last seen July 14 at a service station in Big Spring."

This one is different. It says she was last seen at a Shell station on 4th and Gregg and was talking to a police officer. And the family friend quoted in the interview described her as a "MHMR patient who likes to wear different hats."

Article from today: http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Mi...arch-for-missing-Odessa-woman--441769453.html

Still missing...

MIDLAND -- The Midland Police Department (MPD) is still searching for a missing woman.

59-year old Shaila Jiwani Noormohamed has been missing since Friday, July 14.

She is described as being 5 foot 5 inches in height, around 200 pounds with brown eyes and with shoulder length brown hair.

Noormohamed was last seen wearing a dark shirt and slacks and may be wearing a hat.

Police say Shaila could be driving a 2001 dark green Ford Ranger pickup.

According to Midland Police, Officers have no reason to believe foul play is involved, but her family and friends have still not heard from her since July 14.

If you have any information regarding her location you can contact the Midland Police Department at phone number 432-685-7108.

http://www.mrt.com/news/local/article/Friend-Midland-woman-was-last-seen-July-14-11532173.php

"Law enforcement, as well as family and friends, are asking the public’s help to locate a 59-year-old Midland woman who was last seen July 14 at a service station in Big Spring."

This one is different. It says she was last seen at a Shell station on 4th and Gregg and was talking to a police officer. And the family friend quoted in the interview described her as a "MHMR patient who likes to wear different hats."

What's MHMR?

Are they saying something like a multiple personality disorder?

Was she ever found?

She has an arrest history from 2015:

A 56-year-old Midland woman was arrested after allegedly fleeing the scene of a wreck while partially nude.

Shaila Noormohamed was being held Monday for the first degree felony charge of failure to stop and render aid in an accident, according to her arrest affidavit. She has since been released on bond.

More details at link: Trouser-less woman allegedly flees scene of wreck

:eek:
Seems she might have some mental health challenges. :( MOO.

That article says the sentence she was facing was up to 99 years. Perhaps she decided to run from that charge instead of going to court? JMO, she could be living among the homeless in another state.

My opinion is she is voluntarily missing to avoid prosecution. She has DUI as well as assault charges in 2010 and 2014 (Andrews Co. Court Records) in addition to the charges being faced referenced above in Gardener1850's post.

As far as I know, she has never been found. I search for updates occasionally. My personal belief is that she was never at Big Spring State Park. I think they just believed that was where she was going.

Now added to NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Added to Charley Project: Shaila Jiwani Noormohamed – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Noormohamed left her residence on July 13, 2017, supposedly to get ice cream. She never returned. She was last seen in Big Spring, Texas at 1:30 p.m. on July 14, 2017. Her vehicle, a green 2001 Ford Ranger long-bed pickup truck with a broken passenger window and the Texas license plate number AH20963, disappeared with her; a photo of it is posted with this case summary.

At the time of her disappearance, Noormohamed was looking forward to the return of her son, who had spent seven years serving overseas with the Marines. He was due to come back to the U.S. seventeen days after she went missing.

Although police stated there is no evidence of foul play in her case, her family is concerned for her safety. Her case remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back