1539 users online (253 members and 1286 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906

    Fiber Evidence

    How did Patsy's clothing fibers get on the underside of the tape that covered Jon Benet's mouth??

    Didn't I also read somewhere that the rope also contained Patsy fibers as well as Jon Benet's hair?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,619
    Fibers that were consistent with the jacket that Patsy wore the previous day were found "tied into" the ligature and in the paint tray. Thomas reported that
    fibers from the jacket Patsy had been wearing were found to be "chemically and microscopically consistent" with four fibers found on the inside of the piece of duct tape.

    How did those fibers get onto the duct tape? I guess that could be up for grabs...John reportedly told Lou Smit that he dropped the tape after removing it from JB's mouth, therefore, according to ST, it could have fallen on the blanket JonBenet's body was wrapped in. According to Patsy, the blanket came from JonBenet's bed, where it might have picked up the fibers from Patsy's red sweater-jacket when Patsy tucked JonBenet in the previous night. Some think that LE may have fabricated the fiber "evidence" in their interviews with the Ramseys.

    Most of the fiber evidence was determined after the Ramseys' 1998 interviews. When they were interviewed again in 2000, L Wood wouldn't allow Patsy to answer questions about the fibers and her clothing unless Wood could first have the lab results. That didn't happen, as far as I know.

    Patsy publicly "explained" the fibers by saying that she had hugged JB's body when she was brought up from the basement. She didn't speak to the fibers that were found in the ligature and paint tray.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    Fibers that were consistent with the jacket that Patsy wore the previous day were found "tied into" the ligature and in the paint tray. Thomas reported that
    fibers from the jacket Patsy had been wearing were found to be "chemically and microscopically consistent" with four fibers found on the inside of the piece of duct tape.

    How did those fibers get onto the duct tape? I guess that could be up for grabs...John reportedly told Lou Smit that he dropped the tape after removing it from JB's mouth, therefore, according to ST, it could have fallen on the blanket JonBenet's body was wrapped in. According to Patsy, the blanket came from JonBenet's bed, where it might have picked up the fibers from Patsy's red sweater-jacket when Patsy tucked JonBenet in the previous night. Some think that LE may have fabricated the fiber "evidence" in their interviews with the Ramseys.

    Most of the fiber evidence was determined after the Ramseys' 1998 interviews. When they were interviewed again in 2000, L Wood wouldn't allow Patsy to answer questions about the fibers and her clothing unless Wood could first have the lab results. That didn't happen, as far as I know.

    Patsy publicly "explained" the fibers by saying that she had hugged JB's body when she was brought up from the basement. She didn't speak to the fibers that were found in the ligature and paint tray.
    To say the fibers were found 'tied into' the cord is not very remarkable, since JBR's hair was also found in the cord, and naturally PR's jacket fibers would be prevalent in JBR's hair, especially if PR wore the jacket the previous day.

    What is so unusual about finding JBR's mother's clothing fibers just about anywhere on or near JBR, or anywhere else in her house? She lived there, her clothing fibers would be everywhere.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    To say the fibers were found 'tied into' the cord is not very remarkable, since JBR's hair was also found in the cord, and naturally PR's jacket fibers would be prevalent in JBR's hair, especially if PR wore the jacket the previous day.

    What is so unusual about finding JBR's mother's clothing fibers just about anywhere on or near JBR, or anywhere else in her house? She lived there, her clothing fibers would be everywhere.
    Where are all the "intruders" fibers? You'd think after spending all that time composing a 3 page ransom note, garrote making, stun gunning, pineapple feeding, carrying Jon Benet, strangling & head bashing, body wiping, mouth duct taping, blanket covering, and climbing out the basement window, the intruder would have left some shred of tangible evidence!

    Weren't those fibers also found in the paint tray? Didn't Patsy say she never wore that jacket to paint in? How did those fibers get in the paint tray, when Pasty supposedly was never in the basement that night or the following morning?

    Oppps the "intruder" probably got chilly at some point and snuck in Patsy's bedroom and borrowed it.....then later, before he left, stealthily returned it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Where are all the "intruders" fibers? You'd think after spending all that time composing a 3 page ransom note, garrote making, stun gunning, pineapple feeding, carrying Jon Benet, strangling & head bashing, body wiping, mouth duct taping, blanket covering, and climbing out the basement window, the intruder would have left some shred of tangible evidence!

    Weren't those fibers also found in the paint tray? Didn't Patsy say she never wore that jacket to paint in? How did those fibers get in the paint tray, when Pasty supposedly was never in the basement that night or the following morning?

    Oppps the "intruder" probably got chilly at some point and snuck in Patsy's bedroom and borrowed it.....then later, before he left, stealthily returned it.
    If an intruder borrowed it, it wouldn't be because he was chilly. As far as the 'no intruder fibers' are concerned, I think thats a matter of opinion.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Whatís more, says Smit, there were also dozens of fibers that didnít come from the Ramseys, and Smit is unaware of a single case in which a parent used a garrote like this to kill a child.

    ďThis is one of the best clues left behind by the killer. This shows whatís going on in his mind. This is a sexual device. Itís a strangulation device. Heís a sexual sadist. Iím looking for a pedophile thatís a sexual sadist. Thatís what Lou Smitís looking for,Ē he says.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in523884.shtml

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Where are all the "intruders" fibers? You'd think after spending all that time composing a 3 page ransom note, garrote making, stun gunning, pineapple feeding, carrying Jon Benet, strangling & head bashing, body wiping, mouth duct taping, blanket covering, and climbing out the basement window, the intruder would have left some shred of tangible evidence!

    Weren't those fibers also found in the paint tray? Didn't Patsy say she never wore that jacket to paint in? How did those fibers get in the paint tray, when Pasty supposedly was never in the basement that night or the following morning?

    Linda7NJ,

    I gotta agree with HOTYH on this one. Microscopic fibers from the people living in the house are everywhere in the house. The fibers are airborne by the millions and can settle anywhere. On certain days when the sun is beaming through the windows in anyone's house you can see clouds of microscopic fibers suspended in the air.

    For instance, there were four microscopic fibers that were consistent with Patsy's jacket found on the sticky side of the duct tape -- but there were hundreds of other microscopic fibers also on that short piece of duct tape. You gotta ask where that duct tape had been before it was placed on JonBenet's mouth by the perp? What rooms in the house had it been before ending up in the basement?

    The fibers are soft evidence.

    BlueCrab

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    Linda7NJ,

    The fibers are soft evidence.

    BlueCrab
    Soft evidence, yes... but that's exactly why John and Patsy handled the body upon "discovery" of her body instead of calling Linda Arndt downstairs to process the crime scene. They were purposely trying to contaminate the evidence IMO!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Soft evidence, yes... but that's exactly why John and Patsy handled the body upon "discovery" of her body instead of calling Linda Arndt downstairs to process the crime scene. They were purposely trying to contaminate the evidence IMO!
    I have to agree. If this had actually been the work of an intruder, JR would have called Arndt downstairs to inspect the crime scene and keep it as uncontaminated as possible so they could have a better chance at catching the killer. Both John and Patsy had to know that you don't touch the crime scene or the body to preserve the evidence.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I have to agree. If this had actually been the work of an intruder, JR would have called Arndt downstairs to inspect the crime scene and keep it as uncontaminated as possible so they could have a better chance at catching the killer. Both John and Patsy had to know that you don't touch the crime scene or the body to preserve the evidence.
    I can see your point, Nuisanceposter. Then again, I can also see a parent who, upon finally finding his missing daughter, grabs her up, totally consumed with fear and maybe even a shred of hope.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    ďThis is one of the best clues left behind by the killer. This shows whatís going on in his mind. This is a sexual device. Itís a strangulation device. Heís a sexual sadist. Iím looking for a pedophile thatís a sexual sadist. Thatís what Lou Smitís looking for,Ē he says.
    Very interesting. Let's see...a sexual device, and a comforter with semen near the crime scene. Dark fibers on the child that possibly came from that comforter.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Weren't those fibers also found in the paint tray? Didn't Patsy say she never wore that jacket to paint in? How did those fibers get in the paint tray, when Pasty supposedly was never in the basement that night or the following morning?
    Those fibers from Patsy's jacket found in the paint tray is very damning evidence imo.
    I too think that both Ramseys were consciously trying to damage the fiber evidence at the crime scene.
    Patsy also later asked a friend to retrieve the black jeans she had worn on Dec 26. She wanted those jeans to be sent to her from fifteen hundred miles away. Wanting to get rid of fiber evidence comes to mind here of course.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    I can see your point, Nuisanceposter. Then again, I can also see a parent who, upon finally finding his missing daughter, grabs her up, totally consumed with fear and maybe even a shred of hope.
    You are so right on that, the average person knows that you dont contaminate a crime scene but if thats my child they would have to pry me away!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    I can see your point, Nuisanceposter. Then again, I can also see a parent who, upon finally finding his missing daughter, grabs her up, totally consumed with fear and maybe even a shred of hope.
    I could maybe buy that if John hadn't made a beeline for the room she was in and snatched her up immediately upon Arndt's request to search the house again. He knew she was in there, it was time to find her, and that's why he went directly to that room and "discovered" her. Then he carried her upstairs because he wanted the crime scene polluted.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749
    [QUOTE=rashomon]Those fibers from Patsy's jacket found in the paint tray is very damning evidence imo.

    I've always believed that there would be a good reason for Patsy's sweater fibers to be on the ligature-but the paint tray. That's another story. I would love to know if LE made that up or if it's a true piece of evidence.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuisanceposter
    I could maybe buy that if John hadn't made a beeline for the room she was in and snatched her up immediately upon Arndt's request to search the house again. He knew she was in there, it was time to find her, and that's why he went directly to that room and "discovered" her. Then he carried her upstairs because he wanted the crime scene polluted.
    My thoughts exactly.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Fiber Analysis
    By BeanE in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 07:15 PM
  2. RDI fiber evidence
    By voynich in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 07:34 AM
  3. CA - Vandals Cut Fiber Lines; State Of Emergency Declared
    By LinasK in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 01:01 PM
  4. Fiber evidence discussion
    By BOESP in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 12:42 AM