1292 users online (191 members and 1101 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

President Trump asks about pardon powers for himself, family and business

President Trump has asked advisors how he can pardon his family members, businesses and even himself to undercut the Russia investigation, it was claimed on Thursday.

The Washington Post cites sources familiar with the matter who claimed the president is looking for ways to protect himself from the probe.

The claims coincided with separate remarks published in The New York Times which reports that Trump is on a mission to find dirt on special prosecutor Robert Mueller to discredit him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4nQzNjWOJ
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    President Trump has asked advisors how he can pardon his family members, businesses and even himself to undercut the Russia investigation, it was claimed on Thursday.

The Washington Post cites sources familiar with the matter who claimed the president is looking for ways to protect himself from the probe.

The claims coincided with separate remarks published in The New York Times which reports that Trump is on a mission to find dirt on special prosecutor Robert Mueller to discredit him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4nQzNjWOJ
    I am not sure about the Daily Mail.

CNN and MSNBC were reporting the same info during their live broadcasts tonight. moo

Trump team seeks to control, block Mueller’s Russia investigation

Some of President Trump’s lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president’s authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2412c9e086a8

Quote Originally Posted by Jax49 View Post
    CNN and MSNBC were reporting the same info during their live broadcasts tonight. moo
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    Trump team seeks to control, block Mueller’s Russia investigation

Some of President Trump’s lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president’s authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2412c9e086a8
    Unbelievable. Not how can we defend ourselves against any charges, rather, how can we get out of these charges without answering to them and get off free.

It is my feeling that a special prosecutor causes more trouble and stirs up the whole governing body.

In the past, whenever a special prosecutor has been appointed, it seems like they are on a witch hunt! We all know it is not cut and dried. An investigation into any one area is going to take you into areas that you had not planned or even wanted to go into.

My personal opinion is drop all this Russian investigation. I am 99% percent sure that Hillary did not run an honest and fair campaign, and still believe she should be prosecuted over those emails.

If we are going to dig into Trumps dealings with Russia from during the Campaign, then let's investigate Hillary too. Even though Hillary did not win, there were some pretty underhanded dealings that went on.

They both should be held responsible for underhanded deals they had or made, not just one. Hillary needs to be held responsible for the Democrat 's dirty work if Trump is going to be nailed for his.

All this bull crap, time consuming, money eating investigation would suddenly stop if both parties were included. The government could progress with what they are suppose to be doing, running the government without having all this nit picking from the Democrats going on.

MY OPINIONS ONLY!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    It is my feeling that a special prosecutor causes more trouble and stirs up the whole governing body.

In the past, whenever a special prosecutor has been appointed, it seems like they are on a witch hunt! We all know it is not cut and dried. An investigation into any one area is going to take you into areas that you had not planned or even wanted to go into.

My personal opinion is drop all this Russian investigation. I am 99% percent sure that Hillary did not run an honest and fair campaign, and still believe she should be prosecuted over those emails.

If we are going to dig into Trumps dealings with Russia from during the Campaign, then let's investigate Hillary too. Even though Hillary did not win, there were some pretty underhanded dealings that went on.

They both should be held responsible for underhanded deals they had or made, not just one. Hillary needs to be held responsible for the Democrat 's dirty work if Trump is going to be nailed for his.

All this bull crap, time consuming, money eating investigation would suddenly stop if both parties were included. The government could progress with what they are suppose to be doing, running the government without having all this nit picking from the Democrats going on.

MY OPINIONS ONLY!!
    Hillary was investigated, over and over and over again. She has been 'investigated' for years and years without any crimes uncovered. Talk about witch hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    Hillary was investigated, over and over and over again. She has been 'investigated' for years and years without any crimes uncovered. Talk about witch hunts.
    The Clintons broke the law with the home brew server and by destroying the emails, she and her staff should have been prosecuted. If they weren't the Clintons they would have got jail time.

The Trumps should be prosecuted too if they have committed crimes.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

I too agree that those who have committed crimes should be prosecuted. Be the name Trump or Clinton, criminal behavior is criminal behavior.

I also thought that Hillary Clinton had been investigated and that Comey made the announcement that the FBI investigation was closed and no charges would be filed. Indicating either no crime or not enough evidence to prosecute.

The Russia investigations will not be stopped now. They really need to be completed, no matter how they turn out.

If Trump is innocent in this, he sure has lousy instincts in continuing his tweets and in his statements to the press.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    The Clintons broke the law with the home brew server and by destroying the emails, she and her staff should have been prosecuted. If they weren't the Clintons they would have got jail time.

The Trumps should be prosecuted too if they have committed crimes.
    But, she appeared at all investigations, did not fire anyone or get Obama to fire anyone who was investigating her or conduct smear campaigns on them. Can you see the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post

MY OPINIONS ONLY!!
    Not only has she been investigated for years of her life, hounded by GOP for her entire political career, but the issue of private email server PALES in comparison to what the Trumps et al are accused of. Literal. Treason.

BUT HER EMAILS!!!!!!111!!!!11!!!11111!!!!!
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"gangs"

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Jul 21 2017, 8:33 am ET

Will Republicans Draw a Red Line on Trump Powers?

by Chuck Todd, Mark Murray and Carrie Dann

...But if things appear that the country is indeed headed toward a possible constitutional crisis — Trump instructing the Justice Department to fire Mueller, Trump pardoning aides and family members — there is a simple solution: Congressional Republicans can act.

They can do so by passing a law to reinstate Mueller, or they can threaten impeachment. The question, of course, is whether they’d follow through.

“If Republicans really don't want Trump to fire Mueller or issue pardons they need to make actual consequences clear long before it happens,” NBC’s Benjy Sarlin tweeted.

That’s why every member of Congress should be on the record on this question: What will you do if Trump tries to fire Mueller or pardon his aides or family members? And the fact that this question needs to be asked — six months into Trump’s tenure as president — is an extraordinary development...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/firs...powers-n785171

Of course he did. *sigh*
    Jill can't find last year's taxes either.

I can't wait to see what the big secret is that Trump et al is so desperately trying to hide. Imo, Mueller et al knows what it is - and Trump knows he knows.

This is not a bomb waiting to drop imo, it's a nuclear device.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast