1287 users online (248 members and 1039 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Europol, Stop Child Abuse – Trace an Object - help ID victims.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/stopchildabuse
    The most innocent clues can sometimes help crack a case. The objects are all taken from the background of an image with sexually explicit material involving minors. For all images below, every other investigative avenue has already been examined. Therefore we are requesting your assistance in identifying the origin of some of these objects. We are convinced that more eyes will lead to more leads and will ultimately help to save these children.

Can you help us recognise the objects? We specifically want to trace their origin (location/country). You can help by clicking on an object you recognise and providing Europol with the information you have on the object.

All mass produced items from probably Asia which could be anywhere in the world.

http://gulfnews.com/news/europe/neth...ders-1.2036539
    How shampoo could help catch sex offenders

Europol posts images on new website of mundane objects they say could help solves sex crimes
    The Hague: A particular shampoo brand, a magazine cover, a shopping bag or even a wallpaper pattern are among the clues Europol posted online Thursday, hoping they may help trace child sex abusers and their victims
    Europe’s police agency launched a new website that shows everyday objects spotted in the background of child sex abuse images, which they hope will help police around the world to crack the case, leading them to victims and to the arrest of perpetrators.

The 20 images on the site, called “Stop Child Abuse — Trace an Object” feature “mundane objects... which can sometimes end up being a key lead in an investigation, resulting in the victims’ identification and rescue,” said Steven Wilson, chief of Europol’s EC3 Cybercrime centre.
    We’re looking to identify particular parts, particular items in there that may be unique to a particular region in the world, a particular country or even a particular town or village,” Wilson told AFP.

I did click on the one that I think is a blue dressing gown with white clouds that I have seen for sale in Australia.

Send information
    This appears to be a school uniform. Is the lanyard/badge familiar?Image 27 of 30

This is the detail of a light fixture. Do you know where such a lamp is sold?

Send informationImage 16 of 30
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought pajamas in that material [blue with white clouds] ---for my daughter probably in 2003-2006 --from Target.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

It is really tough seeing these images knowing they are taken from horrific and disgusting material in which innocent children are being abused.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I bought pajamas in that material [blue with white clouds] ---for my daughter probably in 2003-2006 --from Target.
    Yes, it would have been one of those chain stores that I have seen kids fleece blankets out of it too. It was more the fabric that I recognised.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Send information
    This appears to be a school uniform. Is the lanyard/badge familiar?Image 27 of 30

This is the detail of a light fixture. Do you know where such a lamp is sold?

Send informationImage 16 of 30
    I don't think the first one is a school uniform. I come from a country where kids wear school uniforms and they always wear a collared shirt, even if it is only a polo shirt. Other parts of the world do too. A sports coach maybe? The have a bit of history in this kind of thing.

This is part of a polo shirt. We are looking for the countries and stores this could be sold in. Maybe you also know the brand of this shirt?
    Do you recognise this pendant?
    Send informationImage 14 of 30

That polo shirt does not have the fake polo emblem on it. It looks more like a goat to me. It is quite distinctive. That should be able to be tracked down.

Do you know where this might have been taken? Are the buildings in the distance familiar to you?

Send informationImage 1 of 30

Do you recognise this place?

Send informationImage 10 of 30
    Do you recognise this place?

https://www.europol.europa.eu/stopchildabuse
    This is a wind-up carousel toy. Do you recognise it?
    Send information

Image 18 of 30

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post

Do you recognise this pendant?
    Send informationImage 14 of 30

Is this the pendant?

Chalette Hodge
    Chalette Hodge saved to 2014 Fashion Necklace
    Lime Green Mustache Pendant Silver Chain Necklace BFF

https://it.pinterest.com/pin/149463281357932656/
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn