Europol, Stop Child Abuse – Trace an Object - help ID victims.

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.europol.europa.eu/stopchildabuse
The most innocent clues can sometimes help crack a case. The objects are all taken from the background of an image with sexually explicit material involving minors. For all images below, every other investigative avenue has already been examined. Therefore we are requesting your assistance in identifying the origin of some of these objects. We are convinced that more eyes will lead to more leads and will ultimately help to save these children.

Can you help us recognise the objects? We specifically want to trace their origin (location/country). You can help by clicking on an object you recognise and providing Europol with the information you have on the object.

http://gulfnews.com/news/europe/netherlands/how-shampoo-could-help-catch-sex-offenders-1.2036539
[h=1]How shampoo could help catch sex offenders[/h]Europol posts images on new website of mundane objects they say could help solves sex crimes

The Hague: A particular shampoo brand, a magazine cover, a shopping bag or even a wallpaper pattern are among the clues Europol posted online Thursday, hoping they may help trace child sex abusers and their victims

Europe’s police agency launched a new website that shows everyday objects spotted in the background of child sex abuse images, which they hope will help police around the world to crack the case, leading them to victims and to the arrest of perpetrators.

The 20 images on the site, called “Stop Child Abuse — Trace an Object” feature “mundane objects... which can sometimes end up being a key lead in an investigation, resulting in the victims’ identification and rescue,” said Steven Wilson, chief of Europol’s EC3 Cybercrime centre.

We’re looking to identify particular parts, particular items in there that may be unique to a particular region in the world, a particular country or even a particular town or village,” Wilson told AFP.

I did click on the one that I think is a blue dressing gown with white clouds that I have seen for sale in Australia.

Send information
This appears to be a school uniform. Is the lanyard/badge familiar?Image 27 of 30
attachment.php

This is the detail of a light fixture. Do you know where such a lamp is sold?

Send informationImage 16 of 30
attachment.php

Attachments

• school_uniform.jpg
    school_uniform.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,085
  • lamp_0.jpg
    lamp_0.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,097
I bought pajamas in that material [blue with white clouds] ---for my daughter probably in 2003-2006 --from Target.

I bought pajamas in that material [blue with white clouds] ---for my daughter probably in 2003-2006 --from Target.

Yes, it would have been one of those chain stores that I have seen kids fleece blankets out of it too. It was more the fabric that I recognised.

Send information
This appears to be a school uniform. Is the lanyard/badge familiar?Image 27 of 30
attachment.php

This is the detail of a light fixture. Do you know where such a lamp is sold?

Send informationImage 16 of 30
attachment.php

I don't think the first one is a school uniform. I come from a country where kids wear school uniforms and they always wear a collared shirt, even if it is only a polo shirt. Other parts of the world do too. A sports coach maybe? The have a bit of history in this kind of thing.

attachment.php
This is part of a polo shirt. We are looking for the countries and stores this could be sold in. Maybe you also know the brand of this shirt?
Do you recognise this pendant?
Send informationImage 14 of 30
attachment.php

Attachments

• polo_shirt_logo.jpg
    polo_shirt_logo.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 1,088
  • pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,085
Do you know where this might have been taken? Are the buildings in the distance familiar to you?

Send informationImage 1 of 30
attachment.php

Do you recognise this place?

Send informationImage 10 of 30
background.jpg
Do you recognise this place?

Attachments

• 1j_background.jpg
    1j_background.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 965
also:

https://jet.com/product/Capelli-Gir...ze-Pinkgreen/6ee4a2da9e854a1eadf1a27997b3d22a

Kids & Baby Clothing, Shoes & AccessoriesGirls' Accessories
Capelli Girls 2-pk. Mustache BFF Necklace Set One Size Pink/green
Rollover to Zoom
Description
She will love to accessorize with on-trend fashion by Capelli. This two pack of necklaces features glittery mustache and BFF charms and silver tone chains. Man-Made Material.

Imported
Blot Clean-Mild Detergent
Specifications

Size One Size
Color Pink/Green
Capelli Girls 2-pk. Mustache BFF Necklace Set One Size Pink/green by Capelli New York
Girls' Accessories

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back