1251 users online (208 members and 1043 guests)  

Websleuths News

Police: Utah parents arrested for giving newborn meth, heroin, morphine

"Two Utah County parents have been taken to jail after police say the couple gave their newborn daughter drugs the day she was born in the hospital to cover up that the baby was born addicted to drugs.

Investigators would eventually learn Christenson had been heavily using heroin and prescription pain medication during her pregnancy.

Because of that, her child, born on April 9, 2017, was born addicted to drugs. A number of different informants told investigators that parents of drug addicted babies will sometimes take either Suboxone or methadone, crush it up, then, after moistening a finger, dip that finger into the crushed drugs, and apply it to the mouth or gums of the infant in an effort to mask signs of addiction from hospital staff."

http://fox17.com/news/nation-world/p...eroin-morphine

Quote Originally Posted by Renee110 View Post
    "Two Utah County parents have been taken to jail after police say the couple gave their newborn daughter drugs the day she was born in the hospital to cover up that the baby was born addicted to drugs.

Investigators would eventually learn Christenson had been heavily using heroin and prescription pain medication during her pregnancy.

Because of that, her child, born on April 9, 2017, was born addicted to drugs. A number of different informants told investigators that parents of drug addicted babies will sometimes take either Suboxone or methadone, crush it up, then, after moistening a finger, dip that finger into the crushed drugs, and apply it to the mouth or gums of the infant in an effort to mask signs of addiction from hospital staff."

http://fox17.com/news/nation-world/p...eroin-morphine
    I don't have words for what I think about these "parents". Well, actually I do, but if I use them here I will get banned from WS.

And it breaks my heart thinking about all the children born to "parents" like these who obviously don't care one way or the other about the child's well being, at the same time that a lot of people never manage to have children.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

This probably isn't a popular opinion, but I believe ALL newborns born in a hospital or birthing center should be tested.
    All babies born at home should be tested by the midwife as well.
    Too many children and mothers slip through the cracks.
    Too many mothers have already had several other children removed, only to move to another state to give birth to yet another child at risk.
    This should be mandated just like PKU testing and if positive should be required to be reported to a national agency just like certain diseases and sexually transmitted diseases are.
    I don't have a clue how this could be funded or followed up on, but the most innocent that have just arrived to experience life deserve it!
    MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela_Brewer View Post
    This probably isn't a popular opinion, but I believe ALL newborns born in a hospital or birthing center should be tested.
    Too many mothers have already had several other children removed, only to move to another state to give birth to yet another child at risk.
    This should be mandated just like PKU testing and if positive should be required to be reported to a national agency just like certain diseases and sexually transmitted diseases are.
    I don't have a clue how this could be funded or followed up on, but the most innocent that have just arrived to experience life deserve it!
    MOO

Mothers flying under the radar do not even have midwives. Some children from home births, never see a doctor and are home schooled. Off the grid, entirely.

I really thought I heard it all. Till now. The baby was probably suffering terribly from the withdrawal.... if "mom" was honest to her OB she would have likely been put on methadone so she and the baby would be comfortable! This makes me sick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I found mom on fb
    https://www.facebook.com/lacey.christenson.1
    It appears that they have another child and have been together for a bit.
    Ugh! Can't believe the hospital didn't notice. Poor baby.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

speechless.....

MOO

guilty til proven innocent? ummm...
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

People on Medical Assistance often were screened for "10 common drugs of abuse" screens. If Mom was positive we knew going into delivery and baby was followed up accordingly. Perhaps this "Mom" didn't have prenatal care this time around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOO

I would not be ok with this and to be honest it would cost way too much and likely be a waste of money, much like drug testing for welfare was a waste of $$. JMO
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

"gangs"

The 8-year-old boy has a different father. Cannon said that man was contacted by the Division of Child and Family Services after Christenson's arrest. He said he did not want to separate the boy from his stepsiblings and asked to take all four children into his custody, which the state agency agreed to, Cannon said.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...olice-say.html
    I hope the kids are safe with baby Daddy number 1!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...narcotics.html
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...