935 users online (166 members and 769 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80
Results 1,186 to 1,194 of 1194
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Not AFAIK:

’Since the incident, Noor has refused to answer investigators' questions over what caused him to fire his weapon at Damond, reportedly citing the fifth amendment of the United States' Constitution

http://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/...th_a_23282669/
    Smh wow. Just wow
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    Smh wow. Just wow
    From a legal standpoint that is neither unusual or surprising. He is following the advise of his attorney clearly.

I don’t have a problem with him doing that, it’s his right but I can’t imagine that if a regular citizen refused to answer questions that the police would wait months to charge him. They have evidence that he shot and killed her and he is offering nothing to explain his actions.
    Can someone cite a single case where a suspect who is neither wealthy or powerful refused to answer a single question and the police let them run around free for months?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Jet View Post
    I don’t have a problem with him doing that, it’s his right but I can’t imagine that if a regular citizen refused to answer questions that the police would wait months to charge him. They have evidence that he shot and killed her and he is offering nothing to explain his actions.
    Can someone cite a single case where a suspect who is neither wealthy or powerful refused to answer a single question and the police let them run around free for months?
    I think a good comparison would be the death of Sherin Mathews in Texas, at the hands of her parents. The girl's father incriminated himself and was charged in a few days. After some initial cooperation the mother lawyered up. She was charged about 41 days later. I can't think of any cops who have ever been charged that quickly. Most investigations of LEOs generally take about one to two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Jet View Post
    And nobody is disputing he is the one who shot her dead. One would think that in order to prevent arrest, at the very least he would have to claim he was fearing for his life when he shot her. I guess in this case one would be wrong.And still no charges even though no one is disputing he shot and killed her.
    Just my opinion

I thought the police liked to put pressure on the suspect. At least that's the way they do it on a crime drama or in the movies. Sorry for the example but in my limited experience the police don't let average Joe just sit at home for a year before even questioning them. If a suspect don't want to cooperate they should arrest them.
    Is it no wonder that some don't trust the police. Remember this is coming from someone that supports the police, but I understand peoples frustration with the system.

We need to do a better job of acting fair with everyone!
    Last edited by Cobra Jet; 12-04-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Since Noor has retained an attorney and declined to give a statement (which is his right), if law enforcement puts too much pressure on him to evoke a statement, they run the risk of tainting the case. What we don't know is if Noor made a statement right after the shooting to supervisors, etc. Having said all that, I do think it has taken an awful long time for the District Attorney office to decide on charges. I can't imagine there is any evidence still to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
    Since Noor has retained an attorney and declined to give a statement (which is his right), if law enforcement puts too much pressure on him to evoke a statement, they run the risk of tainting the case. What we don't know is if Noor made a statement right after the shooting to supervisors, etc. Having said all that, I do think it has taken an awful long time for the District Attorney office to decide on charges. I can't imagine there is any evidence still to come in.
    As a LE officer who used deadly force on a citizen, he should be absolutely required to make a statement. If he can’t make a statement, then how do we know it was anything other than murder. Apparently he is not even claiming it was justifiable. He should have been charged with 1st degree murder the minute he refused to give a statement. JMO
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Minneapolis braces for decision over Justine Damond's fatal shooting
    SBS News (Australia)
    Updated 1 hour ago (as at 11:12 AEDT 11 December 2017)

‘Heartbroken family, friends and supporters of Australian life coach Justine Damond are bracing for the announcement of whether the US police officer who shot her dead in an alley will be charged.

The Minneapolis prosecutor who will make the decision, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman, has said he would make a decision before the end of the year.’

‘"There's going to be a reaction from certain segments in the community regardless of what decision is made," Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune newspaper.’

‘Somali-born Officer Noor has declined to be interviewed by investigators.

The large Somali community in Minneapolis is also bracing for a decision.

In September, the Minneapolis police union, after months of silence, stepped in after Mr Freeman told a town hall meeting the shooting did not have to happen.

"We want an assurance that Noor will not be charged simply on the basis of Damond's status as a fine young woman in a nice neighbourhood," police union boss Lieutenant Bob Kroll wrote in a letter published in the Star-Tribune.’

Read more at:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/minneapo...fatal-shooting

Related:

http://m.startribune.com/police-brac...ded/463073423/

http://m.startribune.com/search-of-j...lis/440401093/
    Last edited by Bohemian; 12-10-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80