MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocco

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/woman-ki...ed-shooting-in-south-minneapolis/434782213/#1

The woman called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley behind her home.

'Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.'

The body cams weren't on and there is no recording of the incident.

What the heck happened here????

Thread #1

yep 8:00 ct mayor will have presser. Wow...things are breaking...I think the Chief made a big mistake not coming back from her vacation in the mountains but there was much that led up to this. Also the BCA has found the guy on the bike and have spoken with him...source is local news.

I'm trying to catch up between the old thread and this one, so maybe this is "old" news??

The witness, who was seen bicycling east on W. 51st Street immediately before the shooting and who stopped and watched officers perform CPR “has been cooperative and provided an interview today,” according to a news release from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

A source with direct knowledge of the investigation said the witness filmed part of the encounter

http://www.startribune.com/witness-in-damond-shooting-located-is-cooperating/435912753/

I'm trying to catch up between the old thread and this one, so maybe this is "old" news??

The witness, who was seen bicycling east on W. 51st Street immediately before the shooting and who stopped and watched officers perform CPR “has been cooperative and provided an interview today,” according to a news release from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

A source with direct knowledge of the investigation said the witness filmed part of the encounter

http://www.startribune.com/witness-in-damond-shooting-located-is-cooperating/435912753/

wow I did not realize he filmed the encounter...that is some BREAKING NEWS for sure...I can't get into the paper but may have to buy one to read this thanks.

wow I did not realize he filmed the encounter...that is some BREAKING NEWS for sure...I can't get into the paper but may have to buy one to read this thanks.
If I'm reading the press release correctly, it says he filmed the CPR part, I hope he was able to film the shooting incident as well.

that makes for a good headlne but many have been wanting her out for a long time now...this was the last straw...also she has a pretty bad relationship with the mayor....mayor was under pressure as she is up for re=election...in short things in Minneapolis are not going too well right now..no one happy with mayor...or Chief.

Thank you for that, I had no idea!

Please know this is rumor since I cannot link but consider something of interest I heard from a veteran MPD detective.....'she got thrown under the bus for the last time.' This is a family member btw.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

i will deal in rumor....Damarna...can you explain what that means...I live in a suburb just adjacent to Mpls where this ocurred so have not followed the MPD much but I am now hearing much about this Chief and they seem to have wanted her gone...in the presser yesterday ..maybe I am naive but she did not say anything to me that was out of line other than I think she should have come back from vacation...but interesting in knowing a bit more. Not sure if the force likes her or they don't

if i'm reading the press release correctly, it says he filmed the cpr part, i hope he was able to film the shooting incident as well.

We are all hoping he was able to film the shooting incident -- that would be incredible.

i will deal in rumor....Damarna...can you explain what that means...I live in a suburb just adjacent to Mpls where this ocurred so have not followed the MPD much but I am now hearing much about this Chief and they seem to have wanted her gone...in the presser yesterday ..maybe I am naive but she did not say anything to me that was out of line other than I think she should have come back from vacation...but interesting in knowing a bit more. Not sure if the force likes her or they don't
His thoughts were basically that a lot of things happen behind the scene. The union can affect things (good or bad) and in some situations the cheif is just the face of the organization. She may not have been top notch but there might be a lot of others that should also be out the door. He just hopes people don't think Harteau was THE problem. She said her peace and he respected that. I'm paraphrasing..... But this was what I got out of the conversation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We are all hoping he was able to film the shooting incident -- that would be incredible.

It would. But if he didn't film it, he will at least know if there was some "noise" just before the shooting. I know when I see police looking around, I try to see what is going on. I'm sure he did as well.

There is a live presser on now with the mayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member