861 users online (110 members and 751 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do Pesticides Cause Mental Disorders

I am firmly of the belief that many of the pesticides and herbicides commonly used cause many serious mental disorders.
    In a family I know very well two children were perfectly normal, then a few years later after crops were sprayed with aerial spraying another child was born with mental disorders. This child completely destroyed the family, there was a 15 year waiting list to put the child in a home, and the child drove the mother to several breakdowns.
    Later on a woman from a small country town said they used crop-duster aircraft to spray the crops in her small country town and all the children born after that were mentally unbalanced. She said "you cannot hide that in a small country town, in a big city the children are not noticed but in a small country town it is blatantly obvious when all the children born that year are completely mad".
    She also said those children destroyed their families too.

This is really interesting to me and thank you for bringing it here. I'll have to do some research on it. I grew up in urban and suburban areas so we didn't have much if any aerial pesticide spraying.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

Interesting topic!

This is a study from NIMH:

Pesticide Exposure and Child Neurodevelopment

You should read the entire report - lots of information.

Conclusion
    Children are vulnerable to environmental toxicants, including pesticides, and therefore require special research and policy attention. In general, pesticides are associated with poor behavioral and neurological outcomes in young children, possibly due to their effect on neurotransmitters. Occupational health nurses and other health care providers can appropriately assess risk, conduct research, provide education, and support policies to address the potential impact of pesticides on children and adults.
    From Scientific American, about farmers:
    High Rates of Suicide, Depression Linked to Farmers' Use of Pesticides

There were also several instances of babies born with their bowel outside of their bodies, they had to be born by C-section. Where is birth defect was not noticed the babies died during natural birth, but when noticed the babies born by C-section survived. This particular defect is known to be caused by pesticide and herbicide spraying, but they still use it.
    But the worst problem is the mental disorders caused by the pesticide and herbicide spraying, our prisons are full of people who are actually victims of this. They are mentally unbalanced, they are unconrollable and bad. The child I knew quite well years ago I would call a sociopath. This person had no compassion, no empathy and was completely heartless.
    The woman who said about a dozen babies born in her small country town were all completely uncontrollable and the whole town knew it. All those babies grew up together,they were uncontrollable growing up, they destroyed their families, they were uncontrollable in school and became delinquent by their teens.
    Last edited by Meryl12; 07-22-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl12 View Post
    There were also several instances of babies born with their bowel outside of their bodies, they had to be born by C-section. Where is birth defect was not noticed the babies died during natural birth, but when noticed the babies born by C-section survived. This particular defect is known to be caused by pesticide and herbicide spraying, but they still use it.
    But the worst problem is the mental disorders caused by the pesticide and herbicide spraying, our prisons are full of people who are actually victims of this. They are mentally unbalanced, they are mad and bad. The child I knew quite well years ago I would call a sociopath. This person had no compassion, no empathy and was completely heartless.
    The woman who said about a dozen babies born in her small country town were all completely mad and the whole town knew it. All those babies grew up together,they were uncontrollable growing up, they destroyed their families, they were uncontrollable in school and became delinquent by their teens.
    Where are you getting this?

I knew the woman who was from the small town, it was when I was discussing how the uncontrollable child had destroyed the whole family she told me how aerial sprayed pesticides had caused harm to all the babies born that year.
    The babies born with their bowel outside their body,
    Ref: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefe...roschisis.html
    This defect also happened which made us both think it has to be connected.
    Last edited by Meryl12; 07-22-2017 at 01:04 AM.

I am not sure that it is really very compassionate to call people with mental health problems mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I am not sure that it is really very compassionate to call people with mental health problems mad.
    You are right I have corrected it where I could.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Interesting topic!

This is a study from NIMH:

Pesticide Exposure and Child Neurodevelopment

You should read the entire report - lots of information.

From Scientific American, about farmers:
    High Rates of Suicide, Depression Linked to Farmers' Use of Pesticides
    I have read the articles.......one sentence stands out and screams at me.....
    "Because these toxins have been developed to affect living creatures, these chemicals may affect humans adversely as well"

Of course those chemicals are going to adversely affect humans. But they are not going to stop using them because we need the crops.

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl12 View Post
    The babies born with their bowel outside their body,
    Ref: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefe...roschisis.html
    This defect also happened which made us both think it has to be connected.
    I wanted to correct this sentence - several words are missing which alters the sentence - - it should read..."There were a couple of babies born with their bowel outside of their body"

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    It seems like a very English term

I don't know enough about this to comment intelligently. It is interesting, though, and something worth looking into more.

As for the children "destroying their families" and causing mental breakdowns for their parents, can you elaborate? I have to admit that seeing those words makes me cringe as often children are labeled things like "bad" and "crazy" and blamed for many issues within families and often those behaviors are really secondary to other issues. The pesticides and herbicides could be one primary issue but trauma, attachment, other developmental or biological defects, parenting style, temperament, etc are also possible.

It seems that if this link was so clear cut as you suggest, why are more children not affected? Why does it only impact certain children even within communities this occurs? I think there is more to it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2cam View Post
    I don't know enough about this to comment intelligently. It is interesting, though, and something worth looking into more.

As for the children "destroying their families" and causing mental breakdowns for their parents, can you elaborate? I have to admit that seeing those words makes me cringe as often children are labeled things like "bad" and "crazy" and blamed for many issues within families and often those behaviors are really secondary to other issues. The pesticides and herbicides could be one primary issue but trauma, attachment, other developmental or biological defects, parenting style, temperament, etc are also possible.

It seems that if this link was so clear cut as you suggest, why are more children not affected? Why does it only impact certain children even within communities this occurs? I think there is more to it.

Because all children are different and react differently to different toxins. Regardless, they are in fact poison. This is undisputable. We really need to become more aware of the toxins we are inhaling, injecting and digesting....
    JMO
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Because all children are different and react differently to different toxins. Regardless, they are in fact poison. This is undisputable. We really need to become more aware of the toxins we are inhaling, injecting and digesting....
    JMO
    Oh absolutely agree with that. I'm just trying to understand the personal examples provided in better context. I'm skeptical that it alone is to blame for an entire community of children being "mad" or mentally ill or damaging their families. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2cam View Post
    Oh absolutely agree with that. I'm just trying to understand the personal examples provided in better context. I'm skeptical that it alone is to blame for an entire community of children being "mad" or mentally ill or damaging their families. Jmo.

Yea that is a little out there. But I can see it being possible if they were living in extremely toxic and stressful conditions. But I would need to see more evidence believe it.
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast