596 users online (90 members and 506 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, Theodosia, 19 July 2017

Theodosia teen still missing; stolen vehicle found near girl's home

Savannah Leckie, a 16-year-old Theodosia girl, is still missing, Ozark County Sheriff Darrin Reed told the Times Friday morning. Leckie was entered into the National Crime Information Center's Missing Person database Thursday July 20, Reed said. She stands 5-foot 2-inches tall, weighs approximately 115 to 120 pounds and has long brown hair. Leckie also goes by the nicknames Mouse and Andy.

Reed said Leckie is home-schooled and does not have any friends or family in the immediate area other than her parents. Reed also indicated that Leckie is autistic, but he said she is very high functioning.

Leckie's mother Rebecca Ruud said her daughter was home when she went to sleep around 11 p.m. Wednesday, July 19, but when she awoke at 8 a.m. Thursday, July 20, the girl was gone. Ruud and a neighbor searched the family's farm and property off County Road 905 but could not find the girl.

Ruud contacted authorities around 10 a.m., and dozens of people responded to the scene. Reed said the search crew included several officers from both the Ozark County Sheriff's Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol, along with volunteers from Pontiac, Theodosia, Caney Mountain and Lick Creek VFDs. The group dispersed in a variety of methods including on foot, on ATVs and four-wheelers and by patrol cars on the area's roadways. Reed said an Ozark County reserve deputy flew his private plane over the area all afternoon, and the Baxter County Sheriff's Office aided in the search with their helicopter until dark Thursday evening.
    Read more: http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news...6bf890c73.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

I hope they are checking all water features in the area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leckie took a large number of items with her when she left, Reed said, including her favorite blanket and pillow from her room, clothing and other personal items. Reed said he doubts she would be able to carry all of the items while on foot; therefore his office believes Leckie may have had a vehicle waiting for her when she left in the middle of the night. Reed said Leckie has family and friends in Minnesota, and authorities in that state are also looking for the girl. Ruud said her daughter may also be seeking out relatives of her deceased father, Donald Pluff Jr., in the Hollister area.
    http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news...6bf890c73.html

Hope they are checkin SM accounts!
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

Missing Ozark 16-Year-Old May be Headed to Minnesota

Police say that she was wearing a t-shirt and jeans and will approach strangers without understanding possible dangers.

She is 5'2" and weighs about 110 pounds.

They believe she may be headed to family in minnesota.
    http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/miss...sota/772254793

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Missing Ozark 16-Year-Old May be Headed to Minnesota

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/miss...sota/772254793
    Still missing. Here is a PD post: https://m.facebook.com/BentonPoliceA...content_filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. Being the mom of a son on the spectrum, something is very off about this story.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reed said the search crew included several officers from both the Ozark County Sheriff's Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol, along with volunteers from Pontiac, Theodosia, Caney Mountain and Lick Creek VFDs. The group dispersed in a variety of methods including on foot, on ATVs and four-wheelers and by patrol cars on the area's roadways. Reed said an Ozark County reserve deputy flew his private plane over the area all afternoon, and the Baxter County Sheriff's Office aided in the search with their helicopter until dark Thursday evening.

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news....html?mode=jqm

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

Investigators believe she may be heading toward family in Minnesota or heading to family in Hollister.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Inve...436619373.html

Quote Originally Posted by doodles1211 View Post
    Me to, I don't know how else would have set up a ride since she had no friends in the area.

I wish they had posted the info on the car they found a mile from her home. Someone may have seen the car closer to her home, or even if someone got out of the car and someone saw them. It may just seem odd to me, but the car had already been alerted as stolen, so you would know there was an unauthorized person operating it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Although no trace of Savannah has been found, Reed said Ozark County Deputy Nick Jones found a vehicle that seemed to be hidden back in a wooded area about a mile from the girl’s home. Officers ran the VIN number through their database, and the vehicle had been flagged as stolen out of Barry County.

“At this point, we don’t know if this stolen vehicle is related to Savannah’s disappearance or not,” Reed said Friday. “But it was just a mile from her home, so we’re looking closely at it.”

Savannah took a large number of items with her when she left, Reed said, including her favorite blanket and pillow, clothing and other personal items. Reed said he doubts she would be able to carry all of the items while traveling on foot. She has family and friends in Minnesota, and authorities in that state are also looking for the girl. Ruud said her daughter may also be seeking out relatives of her deceased father, Donald Pluff Jr., in the Hollister area.
    http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news...84f7a70dc.html

This is very sad. I hope sweet girl is safe and not in a bad situation.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

In my opinion....speculation

MISSING: Missouri Girl Could Be Headed to Minnesota

A release said her family maintains close ties with extended family members, and it is asked that people in St. Michael, Albertville, Carver, Chanhassen, Eden Prairie, Fridley, Plymouth, Maple Grove, Rockford, Otsego, Park Rapids, Moorhead and Lino Lakes be on the lookout for her.

The family is offering a reward for information leading to the location of Savannah, who goes by the nicknames 'Mouse' and 'Andy.'
    http://kstp.com/news/missing-missour...esota/4559259/

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast