1121 users online (234 members and 887 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Donald Brinkmeyer, 51, shot dead while stalking, 9 Oct 2003

A St. Louis area man was sentenced Monday to 120 days of jail "shock time" and placed on probation for five years for killing an unarmed man he said had been stalking his family.

Brinkmeyer was shot to death outside the Pearia home near New Melle, in St. Charles County. Both Pearia, 52, and his wife, Kerstin, 43, told authorities Brinkmeyer had been stalking Kerstin Pearia.

The Pearias said Brinkmeyer had been harassing them because he believed Richard Pearia was having an affair with Brinkmeyer's ex-girlfriend. The Pearias told police the woman was Pearia's cousin, and that there was no affair.

The Pearias' attorneys had argued that the shooting of Brinkmeyer was justifiable self-defense, coming eight days after Kerstin Pearia got a court-issued protection order against Brinkmeyer.
    http://www.kmov.com/localnews/storie...2f03735f1.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This was back in July 2004. I wonder if there are any updates anywhere. And I am not sure what shock time means, but it doesn't sound good, lol.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Whoops, this article came up on one of my news directories. I wouldn't have posted it if I had realized it was so old.
    I can answer about the 'shock time'. This is sometimes used with a person who is being prosecuted for his first offense. They incarcerate them for a short period of time, then allow them out on probation.
    Sorry, folks. I goofed.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight