MO - Donald Brinkmeyer, 51, shot dead while stalking, 9 Oct 2003

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A St. Louis area man was sentenced Monday to 120 days of jail "shock time" and placed on probation for five years for killing an unarmed man he said had been stalking his family.

Brinkmeyer was shot to death outside the Pearia home near New Melle, in St. Charles County. Both Pearia, 52, and his wife, Kerstin, 43, told authorities Brinkmeyer had been stalking Kerstin Pearia.

The Pearias said Brinkmeyer had been harassing them because he believed Richard Pearia was having an affair with Brinkmeyer's ex-girlfriend. The Pearias told police the woman was Pearia's cousin, and that there was no affair.

The Pearias' attorneys had argued that the shooting of Brinkmeyer was justifiable self-defense, coming eight days after Kerstin Pearia got a court-issued protection order against Brinkmeyer.
http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov_localnews_040712_unarmedkillingsentence.2f03735f1.html

This was back in July 2004. I wonder if there are any updates anywhere. And I am not sure what shock time means, but it doesn't sound good, lol.

Whoops, this article came up on one of my news directories. I wouldn't have posted it if I had realized it was so old.
I can answer about the 'shock time'. This is sometimes used with a person who is being prosecuted for his first offense. They incarcerate them for a short period of time, then allow them out on probation.
Sorry, folks. I goofed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back