Tina Foglia — New Evidence and a Strong POI found!

sleuther347

Former Member
Reaction score
Continuing from the hot topic at the end of the Bisset thread (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-Gilbert-connection/page7&highlight=bissett). This was in the Long Island News last week. The police have DNA! (Notice the town is the same place the POI keeps his boat)

http://pix11.com/2017/07/14/male-dna...sland-parkway/
Male DNA retrieved in mystery of dismembered teen left in 3 bags on Long Island Parkway

POSTED 5:39 PM, JULY 14, 2017, BY MARY MURPHY, UPDATED AT 10:26PM, JULY 14, 2017

BAY SHORE, N.Y. — When PIX11 returned with the New York State Police to the Suffolk County spot where a gruesome discovery was made 35 years ago, it was a rainy day.
It was just like the day in February 1982 when three bags were discovered on the shoulder of the northbound Sagtikos Parkway. Those bags contained the body parts of 19-year-old Tina Foglia.
The location is very close to where the westbound Southern State Parkway feeds into the northbound Sagtikos in Bay Shore.
“The DOT worker suspected it was a body because of the shape of the bags,” Senior Investigator Simon Ocampo told PIX11. “And when he got closer, he saw hair.”

(modsnip)

BAY SHORE, N.Y. — When PIX11 returned with the New York State Police to the Suffolk County spot where a gruesome discovery was made 35 years ago, it was a rainy day.
It was just like the day in February 1982 when three bags were discovered on the shoulder of the northbound Sagtikos Parkway. Those bags contained the body parts of 19-year-old Tina Foglia.
The location is very close to where the westbound Southern State Parkway feeds into the northbound Sagtikos in Bay Shore.
“The DOT worker suspected it was a body because of the shape of the bags,” Senior Investigator Simon Ocampo told PIX11. “And when he got closer, he saw hair.”

This is about Tina Foglia, not the LISK victims. That would be helpful in your title, as not to be misleading.

This is about Tina Foglia, not the LISK victims. That would be helpful in your title, as not to be misleading.

Tina Foglia was found in multiple pieces like the other victims Less than an hour from Gilgo beach, but years earlier. The details surrounding her murder are similar to the LISK victims. Now there is DNA evidence taken from Tina Foglias remains which can link LISK to even more bodies. Many reporters agree there are more bodies

Almost fell off my chair when I saw the title.

This is not bs, It may be the closest we're getting to a real poi in this case. If you think its the DA or Bittrolf alone you're mistaken. He is looking in the right places

Is there anyone "actually working" on this case?
What constitutes "working"?
LE has DNA. What will they do next if there is no match found in the system?
Will they use Parabon to get a likeness of the killer?
Its negligence if they dont use todays technology.

From what I heard from other members, there has been an effort by a few people in websleuths to bring attention of the new POI in all circumstantial evidence that may or may not be significant to the case to both FBI and local Suffolk County Police Department homicide Squad. They have talked to Patrick Portella and he is well aware of GP and his history. This happened during the summer before Bittrolf was sentenced. They have not heard much since then but Portella has given his word he is looking into the situation. He found it serious enough to request a call back from one of the sleuthers to ask more questions regarding GP (about a 20 minute conversation) . Because of the timing of some of the other events and news reports We believe We are on to something but LE has not confirmed anything. We believe he may also have committed murders in Atlantic City as well but we are working on learning more about him. Looking into getting an arrest as soon as possible.

Interesting.
I'm glad that GP is at least being taken seriously as someone who needs to be ruled out (or not ruled out). There's a lot not quite right there.

I call BS. Portela is having his mess cleaned up by the police commissioner regarding his handling of leads on the case. Ask me how I know?

LISK had a signature that has not been published and is being kept close to the chest.

I call BS. Portela is having his mess cleaned up by the police commissioner regarding his handling of leads on the case. Ask me how I know?

LISK had a signature that has not been published and is being kept close to the chest.
How do you know?
Does that mean hes no longer working the LISK case?

Haven't seen you around in a while anxiety killer... And you can call BS if you want but you have not disproved me, nor do you have information that could. time will tell.

Do not listen to anxiety killer what he is saying is absolutely misinformation. Portella is currently the head investigator on the case according to Suffolk County Police. If you call up and ask to provide information that is who they will transfer you to. I know because I've had my own information to provide and have been told it would be going to him as well. Some people really want attention on these threads

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back