1174 users online (224 members and 950 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Lewis, 51, & Roicana Casper, 17, shot to death, Richmond, 1 Jan 2006

Slayings of father, daughter probed
    Case is described as double homicide; pair said to have been close
    Roicana Casper, 17, and her father, Lewis Aaron Casper Jr., were best friends.

They watched football games together, teamed up to play video games, and had routine father-daughter conversations.

"There were just so many different things they did. He did things with her better than what I would do," said Patsy Casper.

This Jan. 30, she would have celebrated her daughter's 18th birthday and her 16th wedding anniversary.

More: http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1128769061385
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

I had just read that article and was going to post it Prayers. It appears that Richmond police have their hands full.
    Retired 08/03/03

this is horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    I had just read that article and was going to post it Prayers. It appears that Richmond police have their hands full.
    yes they do.

I remember when I started following Taylor Behl's case, I was posting some statistics on how dangerous Richmond was. There seemed to be a dispute about how dangerous the city actually was, but statistic show that for the size of the city, it is one of the most dangerous cities in its population range in the country. I feel for them and for the safety of the people who live there.
    It's a beautiful town, but something needs to be tightened up a little bit there.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Here's a slightly updated story
    http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1045855934842

Friday had been the couple's wedding anniversary AND the daughter's birthday. I feel so bad for the mother.
    I wonder if the murder was random or not.

Vigil planned for Richmond teen, father killed
    http://www.wwbt.com/servlet/Satellit...=1128769087792

No arrests yet.

Richmond has really been in the news lately. So sad. I live near Richmond and work here. I feel really bad for this family, and the other families that have had tragedy here recently.

Quote Originally Posted by ashandkeals
    Richmond has really been in the news lately. So sad. I live near Richmond and work here. I feel really bad for this family, and the other families that have had tragedy here recently.
    Does anyone think that this is related to the family murder in Richmond? Very odd coincidence, if not

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    Does anyone think that this is related to the family murder in Richmond? Very odd coincidence, if not
    From the Richmond Times Dispatch, Jan 8

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1128769183075

". . . Monroe said Dandridge and Gray are not suspects in the New Year's Day shooting deaths of Lewis Aaron Casper Jr. and his 17-year-old daughter, Roicana Casper, in their Terminal Avenue home.

"We have strong leads and will bring this case also to a successful conclusion," Monroe said. . ."

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1031783565272

Casper funeral overflows with people and emotion

A South Richmond church was overflowing with both people and emotion yesterday afternoon for the memorial service of 17-year-old Roicana Casper and her father, Lewis Aaron Casper, shot to death in their home New Year's Day.

More than 400 people squeezed into the Zion Baptist Church, where the Rev. Robert L. Pettis Sr. delivered an impassioned eulogy urging community members to do more than espouse support for the police, but also to "live with Christ" and make sure others do as well. "The sins of a few can bring judgment" on all, he said.

~more at link~

Quote Originally Posted by mssheila
    I was thinking they are related. You don't know what to think with what LE says any more, they are doing a good job of misleading me that's for sure!

The map showing the other two family slaying locations show them to be not very far away from the Casper home. I think the Richmond police originally said the other two family slayings were not connected so it's hard to trust what they are saying now.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    The map showing the other two family slaying locations show them to be not very far away from the Casper home. I think the Richmond police originally said the other two family slayings were not connected so it's hard to trust what they are saying now.
    Deb, I totally agree.

It will be interesting to see who is arrested for this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast