GUILTY VA - Lewis, 51, & Roicana Casper, 17, shot to death, Richmond, 1 Jan 2006

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Slayings of father, daughter probed
Case is described as double homicide; pair said to have been close
Roicana Casper, 17, and her father, Lewis Aaron Casper Jr., were best friends.

They watched football games together, teamed up to play video games, and had routine father-daughter conversations.

"There were just so many different things they did. He did things with her better than what I would do," said Patsy Casper.

This Jan. 30, she would have celebrated her daughter's 18th birthday and her 16th wedding anniversary.

More: http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128769061385

I had just read that article and was going to post it Prayers. It appears that Richmond police have their hands full.

Shadow205 said:
I had just read that article and was going to post it Prayers. It appears that Richmond police have their hands full.
yes they do.
:(

I remember when I started following Taylor Behl's case, I was posting some statistics on how dangerous Richmond was. There seemed to be a dispute about how dangerous the city actually was, but statistic show that for the size of the city, it is one of the most dangerous cities in its population range in the country. I feel for them and for the safety of the people who live there.
It's a beautiful town, but something needs to be tightened up a little bit there.

Richmond has really been in the news lately. :( So sad. I live near Richmond and work here. I feel really bad for this family, and the other families that have had tragedy here recently.

ashandkeals said:
Richmond has really been in the news lately. :( So sad. I live near Richmond and work here. I feel really bad for this family, and the other families that have had tragedy here recently.
Does anyone think that this is related to the family murder in Richmond? Very odd coincidence, if not

mssheila said:
Does anyone think that this is related to the family murder in Richmond? Very odd coincidence, if not

From the Richmond Times Dispatch, Jan 8

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128769183075

". . . Monroe said Dandridge and Gray are not suspects in the New Year's Day shooting deaths of Lewis Aaron Casper Jr. and his 17-year-old daughter, Roicana Casper, in their Terminal Avenue home.

"We have strong leads and will bring this case also to a successful conclusion," Monroe said. . ."

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servle...128769172531&path=!news!crime&s=1031783565272

Casper funeral overflows with people and emotion

A South Richmond church was overflowing with both people and emotion yesterday afternoon for the memorial service of 17-year-old Roicana Casper and her father, Lewis Aaron Casper, shot to death in their home New Year's Day.

More than 400 people squeezed into the Zion Baptist Church, where the Rev. Robert L. Pettis Sr. delivered an impassioned eulogy urging community members to do more than espouse support for the police, but also to "live with Christ" and make sure others do as well. "The sins of a few can bring judgment" on all, he said.

~more at link~

mssheila said:
I was thinking they are related. You don't know what to think with what LE says any more, they are doing a good job of misleading me that's for sure!

The map showing the other two family slaying locations show them to be not very far away from the Casper home. I think the Richmond police originally said the other two family slayings were not connected so it's hard to trust what they are saying now.

SewingDeb said:
The map showing the other two family slaying locations show them to be not very far away from the Casper home. I think the Richmond police originally said the other two family slayings were not connected so it's hard to trust what they are saying now.

Deb, I totally agree.

It will be interesting to see who is arrested for this one.

Ashley Baskerville - one of the victims - was a partner in crime in Harvey murders?
Was one victim a partner in crime?

Ashley Baskerville, one of the seven victims bound and slain in South Richmond last week, was more than a casual acquaintance of the two men charged in the killings.

The 21-year-old Baskerville, who was killed Friday with her mother and stepfather in their East Broad Rock Road home, was an accomplice in at least one of the crimes that police say were committed by Ray Joseph Dandridge and Ricky Gevon "Cooley" Gray, sources close to the investigation say.

Dandridge and Gray, who are in cus- tody in Philadelphia, have been charged in Richmond with conspiracy to commit murder in all seven deaths. They are scheduled for bond hearings this morning in Philadelphia, where Richmond prosecutors are waiting to seek their extradition to Virginia.

Police are investigating witness statements that Baskerville was with Dandridge and Gray when they drove a van into the Woodland Heights neighborhood on the morning of New Year's Day looking for a house to enter for a home-invasion robbery.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servle...d=1128769195145

From the above link:
Richmond police reported that they received a call Friday evening that led them to the Tuckers' home at 3408 E. Broad Rock Road. An acquaintance of Ashley Baskerville had notified Chesterfield police that Baskerville was missing from a residence in the area of Hollywood Drive where she had stayed with Dandridge and Gray, sources said.

That tip was passed along to Richmond police.

Subsequent interviews of the acquaintance by Chesterfield and Richmond detectives enabled police to track the two men to Philadelphia.

Another girlfriend? Likely spooked by the death of Baskerville?
When you associate with the devil, you are likely to get burned.

Richmond police reported that they received a call Friday evening that led them to the Tuckers' home at 3408 E. Broad Rock Road. An acquaintance of Ashley Baskerville had notified Chesterfield police that Baskerville was missing from a residence in the area of Hollywood Drive where she had stayed with Dandridge and Gray, sources said.

So how did this "aquaintance" know to go out looking for Baskerville? I hope that LE is taking a real close look at her.

From April 2007:

http://www.richmond.com/news/article_486c1678-b446-53c0-a5da-d3a26d333f5d.html

Jamar Daquan Staton, 17, will spend the rest of his life in prison under sentences imposed on him yesterday for a double murder on New Year's Day 2006. Richmond Circuit Judge Richard D. Taylor Jr. sentenced Staton to two consecutive life terms for the murders...

Staton, just 16 when the Caspers were gunned down, was convicted Jan. 20 by a Richmond Circuit Court jury of two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of illegal firearm use...

Police say they think the killings resulted from a running dispute Staton had with Roicana Casper and her father. He had been acquainted with both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back