711 users online (96 members and 615 guests)  

Websleuths News

Scientists May Have Found Mozart's Skull

Have scientists found Mozart's skull? Researchers said Tuesday they'll reveal the results of DNA tests in a documentary film airing this weekend on Austrian television as part of a year of celebratory events marking the composer's 250th birthday.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060103/...zart_s_skull_4
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Have scientists found Mozart's skull? Researchers said Tuesday they'll reveal the results of DNA tests in a documentary film airing this weekend on Austrian television as part of a year of celebratory events marking the composer's 250th birthday.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060103/...zart_s_skull_4

When I first read this headline I thought it said Scientologists. Don't ask me how I got so far off track. But my first thoughts were what are they going to say now... that Mozart was an alien as well? LOL

If it is authentic, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    If it is authentic, I'd love to see it.
    why?

Curiosity - he was a genius - I want to see if any "brain lines" are on there, or how big the skull was. Of course it may have changed by now.

I'm a pianist, and I play Mozart Sonatas. Many feel he was the greatest musical genius of all.

Wasn't he buried in a mass grave?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
    Wasn't he buried in a mass grave?
    Yes, in poverty. Were poverty burials in mass graves? Probably so. I wonder why they think it's his skull, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    Yes, in poverty. Were poverty burials in mass graves? Probably so. I wonder why they think it's his skull, then?
    The article explains that this skull has been in a Mozart Museum in Salzburg, Austria for a century. It was claimed to be Mozart's, dug up from a pauper's grave identified by a gravedigger. Comparisons with DNA from Mozart's grandmother and neice should determine if it is really his skull.