GA GA - Amber McGrivy, 32, Thomasville, 17 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
A Thomas County family is asking for your help tracking down a missing person.

According to a missing person's report, Amber Lin McGrivy was last seen on Monday, July 17 boarding a greyhound bus at the Thomasville Travel Center at 9:55 p.m. Her family says she never got off in Miami like she was scheduled to the next day.

McGrivy is described as 4 feet, 11 inches tall, and weighs around 112 pounds.

She has six tattoos including two tribal designs on her right back shoulder and a set of wings on her lower back and the initials "G.B." on her ankle.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/missing-wo...cle_150ed544-7087-11e7-a0c8-73cc640d7edb.html

ffc27038de79e8d454206a1a3d68d495.jpg

I presume she was taking Greyhound. According to their site such a trip would look like this with the following stops. Hopefully, one of the stops/stations has cameras so they can narrow down where she can be.

attachment.php

Attachments

• greyhound-thomasville-miami.jpg
    greyhound-thomasville-miami.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 366
Sounds like she never left Thomasville....read below.
--------------------------------------------

TCSO Spokesman Steve Jones says 32-year-old Amber Lin McGrivy boarded the bus Monday evening July 17th, was supposed to switch buses in Tallahassee and then arrive in Miami around noon on Tuesday.

Jones shared a photo of McGrivy at the Travel Center in Thomasville. She was last seen wearing a beige cowboy hat, a red shirt, black pants and carrying a black bag.

The missing persons report says McGrivy's friend handed the bus driver her ticket and watched the bus drive away. He said he got a call from her aunt the next day, saying McGrivy did not get off the bus in Miami.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Missing-woman-boards-bus-disappears-436342883.html

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

TCSO Spokesman Steve Jones says 32-year-old Amber Lin McGrivy boarded the bus Monday evening July 17th, was supposed to switch buses in Tallahassee and then arrive in Miami around noon on Tuesday.

Jones shared a photo of McGrivy at the Travel Center in Thomasville. She was last seen wearing a beige cowboy hat, a red shirt, black pants and carrying a black bag.

The missing persons report says McGrivy's friend handed the bus driver her ticket and watched the bus drive away. He said he got a call from her aunt the next day, saying McGrivy did not get off the bus in Miami.

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Missing-woman-boards-bus-disappears-436342883.html

McGrivy's friend? Who is this and why did the friend have the ticket?

I took this to mean that the friend handed the driver her ticket as she got on the bus, and then the friend watched the bus drive away. IOW, friend is confirming she did get on bus, use ticket, and depart on bus. I could be wrong, but that's my take. IMO, of course.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

This is odd. Why would the "friend" be in possession of the ticket to hand to the bus driver? I thought the same thing, Traymar. But, is there a chance that the "friend" handed the ticket over to make it appear that she had gotten on the bus?

No updates...Hope she is safe...

I presume she was taking Greyhound. According to their site such a trip would look like this with the following stops. Hopefully, one of the stops/stations has cameras so they can narrow down where she can be.

attachment.php

According the the bus schedule that Jethro4WS so kindly posted, a passenger would need to change buses twice to get to her destination. It is possible that Ms. McGrivy got confused, especially if she needed help getting on the bus originally. Perhaps she is in Tallahassee (location of her 1st transfer) or Orlando (location of her 2nd transfer).

She has six tattoos including two tribal designs on her right back shoulder and a set of wings on her lower back and the initials "G.B." on her ankle.

As of now, deputies are treating this incident as a missing persons case. Please, contact the Thomas County Sheriff's Office, if you have any information.*

http://www.wtxl.com/news/missing-wo...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Any news? Has her family made a FB Missing page or held any news conferences? Why so quiet? [emoji54]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

No new news....bumping for Amber.

following

As others have asked, is there video of her getting on the bus?
Was there a count of the tickets against the passengers that boarded?
Is there a computer generated manifest that lists ticket numbers against names? Did the collected tickets match up?
Has video at the two other terminals been checked?

I agree that if she got on the bus, she probably got confused at one of the other terminal stops and got off. If she had no cell phone, she would be at the mercy of the predators that hang around at bus depots in some states. They tend to look for runaways.

As others have asked, is there video of her getting on the bus?
Was there a count of the tickets against the passengers that boarded?
Is there a computer generated manifest that lists ticket numbers against names? Did the collected tickets match up?
Has video at the two other terminals been checked?

I agree that if she got on the bus, she probably got confused at one of the other terminal stops and got off. If she had no cell phone, she would be at the mercy of the predators that hang around at bus depots in some states. They tend to look for runaways.
Lots of good questions. I hope LE knows and have not released that information yet.

Why would the friend be the one to hand the bus driver the ticket? I'm speculating that there was concern that perhaps, if left on her own, Amber would turn the ticket back in for the cash. Perhaps she is in recovery?

I hope she is safe somewhere....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong