1023 users online (151 members and 872 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Chaos in the West Wing

The ongoing chaos in the West Wing is extremely concerning. The fiasco of the Trump presidency is like nothing I've ever seen before.

For those who wonder if this is how it was during the Nixon Watergate crisis, the answer is no, it was not. Even during the worst of times, to the public at least, Nixon remained presidential. There was no twitter or email then, of course. But Nixon wasn't publicly whining around like a ninny.

Reading around on the net, there are strong rumors of several cabinet members privately expressing their extreme dissatisfaction with working under Trump.

"President Donald Trump continued his public humiliation of his attorney general on Monday, and West Wing aides wondered whether other senior officials would exit the administration following a shake-up in the communications department.
    Trump's dressing-down of Jeff Sessions continued with a morning tweet labeling his top law enforcement official "beleaguered," and aides and advisers said Trump was considering whether to make a change.

Sessions, an Eagle Scout, was noticeably absent on a West Virginia stage as Trump spoke to a Boy Scout jamboree, flanked by other scouts in his administration.
    And some White House and national security officials continued to speculate about the jobs of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, national security adviser H.R. McMaster and chief of staff Reince Priebus."
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...t-shame-240911

Lord knows, after nobody else wants to work for Trump, we yet may live to see Ivanka as our new Secretary of State!

"An administration under siege, its agenda floundering, invariably claims the problem is “the message.” It rarely is. In the case of President Trump, the message excuse is particularly inapt.

The message problem for this group is a coherence problem, the inability to keep a single position and not get distracted by irrelevant and/or controversial things. The problem, as anyone following the president knows by now, is that the president is the worst offender, the enemy of coherence. Trump was the one who told Lester Holt on TV the reason for firing FBI Director James B. Comey was not the one his staff gave, but was in fact the Russia scandal. Trump was the one who bashed his own attorney general in a New York Times interview. Trump was the one who brought up pardons. Unless Anthony Scaramucci, the new communications director, is going to smash Trump’s phone to keep him off Twitter or*prevent him from giving interviews — neither of which is possible — the chaos will continue. Convinced that Trump can govern as chaotically as he campaigned, the White House is now paralyzed by its own turmoil."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.d2b81094ed84

"...this all makes the Trump administration an exciting place to work — from one day to the next you never know who’s at war with whom, who’s getting fired, what sweeping policy changes will be made, or what the president will tweet next. Most of Trump’s agenda is stalled, half the key jobs are vacant, senior officials can’t wait to get out of town, and everybody’s leaking to the press about what a mess it all is. This is one fine-tuned machine all right."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.3f93e033cd90

Yep. Like a 2nd rate reality TV show. The rest of the world are just agog at this.

Who knew he could be that way to other people?

Oh, never mind. I forgot how he treated the candidates running against him.And of course, the reporter with cerebral palsy and the Gold star family and the Navy Seal who died, and on and on

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.c...inal.jpg?w=560

Remember this from 5 months ago - February 2017? Things have only gotten worse.

"Inside Donald Trump's White House Chaos
    Philip Elliott
    Feb 16, 2017"

http://time.com/4672974/donald-trump-white-house-chaos/

“It is totally out of control, chaos,” Zelizer said. “This is unnerving people in Washington and everywhere, where the president’s advisers can’t get him to do anything and are behaving like this.”

Trent Lott, a lobbyist and former Senate Majority Leader, said he didn’t understand the reasoning behind some of the White House's actions, particularly the president’s tweets.

“They really need to get some positive things to talk about,” Lott said.

And Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker who serves as a surrogate for Trump, offered some advice to Priebus, as he copes with being on the ropes: "Just do your job."

"Ignore the noise, assume it's noise," he said in an interview. "He's the chief of staff and he's the chief of staff until he isn't."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-bannon-241051

Wonder what tomorrow will bring? The TV commentator keep saying "his base still like him". Maybe, but it was more than "his base" that got him elected. How many who voted for him would do so again now? I've talked to plenty who say they would not, having now seen his performance as president. m

And speaking of base, this Scaramucci is a really base character. He thinks his mistake was trusting a reporter?

The title of this thread would make a good movie title! I know some of you great posters on here could start an outline and send it to Ron Howard or Michael Moore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/29/u...-setbacks.html
    Trump Tries to Regroup as the West Wing Battles Itself

JULY 29, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump enters a new phase of his presidency on Monday with a new chief of staff but an old set of challenges as he seeks to get back on course after enduring one of the worst weeks that any modern occupant of the Oval Office has experienced in his inaugural year in power.

With his poll numbers at historic lows, his legislative agenda stalled and his advisers busy plotting against one another, Mr. Trump hoped to regain momentum by pushing out his top aide, Reince Priebus, and installing a retired four-star Marine general, John F. Kelly, to take command. But it is far from certain that the move will be enough to tame a dysfunctional White House.

The shake-up followed a week that saw the bombastic, with-me-or-against-me president defied as never before by Washington and its institutions, including Republicans in Congress, his own attorney general, the uniformed military leadership, police officers and even the Boy Scouts. No longer daunted by a president with a Twitter account that he uses like a Gatling gun, members of his own party made clear that they were increasingly willing to stand against him on issues like health care and Russia.

[…]

Love it. His advisors plotting against each other.

Such a poor leader. He should be FIRED!

CNN reporting that Nazi-propaganda-minister-mimic Stephen Miller's name is being "floated" (by Steve Bannon) as the possible next White House Communications Director. Apparently, based on his performance in arguing with reporter Jim Acosta during a press conference the other day, "der president" Trump "likes his style".

First of all, just looking at this guy is somewhat painful. He always looks like he just tasted something nasty.
    Listening to what comes out of his mouth is even worse. He's stiff, he's argumentative, and he's a long-time biased zealot according to reports I've read . And of course, he's another one who has no experience for this particular job position.

My understanding of the job is that it involves not just press conferences but a whole lot of communicating with congressmen and their aides, with media representatives from not just the press but also TV and radio. representatives, etc.

If it is Bannon floating this, I swear he is personally trying to sabotage the Trump presidency!

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.

It's sometimes easy to forget that a normal WH would never see the likes of Bannon, Gorka, Conway, Miller, et al. Or that generals wouldn't need to be installed at multiple levels in a vain attempt to constrain the president. Or that laws and norms in place to resist cronyism and nepotism are not nearly strong enough.

Every person in that WH is running their own agenda and I very much doubt many have the best interests of the president, or the nation, at heart.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    CNN reporting that Nazi-propaganda-minister-mimic Stephen Miller's name is being "floated" (by Steve Bannon) as the possible next White House Communications Director. Apparently, based on his performance in arguing with reporter Jim Acosta during a press conference the other day, "der president" Trump "likes his style".

First of all, just looking at this guy is somewhat painful. He always looks like he just tasted something nasty.
    Listening to what comes out of his mouth is even worse. He's stiff, he's argumentative, and he's a long-time biased zealot according to reports I've read . And of course, he's another one who has no experience for this particular job position.

My understanding of the job is that it involves not just press conferences but a whole lot of communicating with congressmen and their aides, with media representatives from not just the press but also TV and radio. representatives, etc.

If it is Bannon floating this, I swear he is personally trying to sabotage the Trump presidency!
    Re BBM:
    I didn't know who he was when he came on during this press conference, at first glance I thought PeeWee Hermann got on the staff. (I am not kidding .... I did think it was PeeWee back after his own brush with the law, ahem)
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

The same Stephen Miller who is already senior advisor for policy? Ew. No nonononono

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    The same Stephen Miller who is already senior advisor for policy? Ew. No nonononono
    That's the one.

Click here for photo of Stephen Miller:
    https://www.axios.com/who-will-be-tr...469535517.html

Then go here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast