Toronto area LE warn parents, woman who poisoned children released

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toront...ease-of-woman-who-poisoned-children-1.3517457
Peel Regional Police released this undated image of Christine Allen, on Monday, July 24, 2017.

BRAMPTON, Ont. - Police west of Toronto are warning parents that a woman convicted of deliberately poisoning four young children in her care has been released from prison.

Peel regional police say Christine Allen, 36, was released Monday and will be living in the Charolais Boulevard area in Brampton, Ont.

Police are advising the public to use caution if they encounter Allen.

WHY is she free? She dosed 4 young children and she is out and about now? She did 4 years in jail for poisoning 4 babies?

"Allen ran a home daycare in Kitchener, Ont., from 2009 to 2011 and was sentenced to six years in prison after being convicted in 2013 of four counts of administering a noxious substance to cause bodily harm."

Lengthy article. rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...eased-prison-children-sick-eyedrops-1.4219316
attachment.php

The mother of an infant who was poisoned by a former Kitchener, Ont., daycare provider says she's worried Christine Allen might hurt another child now that she has been released from prison following a four-year term.

In 2013, Allen pleaded guilty to using medicated eye drops to spike the juice of at least four children. One infant, identified as Baby M during the court proceedings, suffered brain damage

"It's concerning that she's out," added the mother, who cannot be identified because of a publication ban. "It's disturbing. It's very disturbing and sickening. And to know she's out and able to do something again is scary."

Allen ran an unlicensed daycare from a home in the Pioneer Park area of Kitchener from 2009 to 2011. She was accused of poisoning eight children and an adult.

Allen admitted to poisoning Baby M numerous times during the first four months of life. Allen, a longtime friend of Baby M's mother, was at the hospital for the birth, and court documents showed that shortly after, the girl's grandmother noticed she seemed to be having trouble breathing.

After Allen watched the baby while the mother took a shower, the baby again was lethargic and had trouble breathing. Allen accompanied the mom to the hospital and held the baby while the mom slept. Baby M frequently stopped breathing so had to be intubated.

'A much greater understanding of your violent offending, attitudes towards children, maladaptive coping and mental health needs is needed for the development of an effective relapse prevention plan.' - Parole Board of Canada report, May 2017

Attachments

• christine-allen.jpg
    christine-allen.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 98
WHY is she free? She killed 4 young children and she is out and about now? She did 4 years in jail for killing 4 babies?

"Allen ran a home daycare in Kitchener, Ont., from 2009 to 2011 and was sentenced to six years in prison after being convicted in 2013 of four counts of administering a noxious substance to cause bodily harm."

No babies died although one has brain damage.

Oh, she just poisoned them...alright then.

WHY is she free? She killed 4 young children and she is out and about now? She did 4 years in jail for killing 4 babies?

She didn't kill them.

In 2013, Allen pleaded guilty to using medicated eye drops to spike the juice of at least four children. One infant, identified as Baby M during the court proceedings, suffered brain damage.
In an agreed statement of facts, Allen admitted to feeding four children tetrahydrozoline, found in over-the-counter eye drops that can cause serious illness if ingested.

Two of the children were wards in her daycare. Two other children were family friends.

Police said the majority of the poisonings occurred between 2010 and 2013.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitch...eased-prison-children-sick-eyedrops-1.4219316

She didn't kill them. She just poisoned them, routinely, for 3 or 4 years...:eek:

I still think 4 years in jail is not long enough.

'A much greater understanding of your violent offending, attitudes towards children, maladaptive coping and mental health needs is needed for the development of an effective relapse prevention plan.'
- Parole Board of Canada report, May 2017

^JMO but this doesn't sound like someone who is ready to be released.

Also from that article:

Is not permitted to purchase, possess or consume drugs other than prescribed medications taken as prescribed and over-the-counter drugs taken as recommended.

Meet with a mental health team and participate in a treatment plan.

OTC med!!!
From cbc.ca link^-- TETRAHYDROZOLINE

From http://www.medicinenet.com/tetrahydrozoline-ophth/article.htm:
GENERIC NAME: TETRAHYDROZOLINE - OPHTHALMIC (TEH-truh-hi-DROZE-oh-leen)
[h=4]BRAND NAME(S): Opti-Clear, Visine
USES: Tetrahydrozoline is a decongestant used to relieve redness in the eyes caused by minor eye irritations (e.g., smog, swimming, dust, or smoke). It belongs to a class of drugs known as sympathomimetic amines. It works by temporarily narrowing the blood vessels in the eye.Some brands of tetrahydrozoline eye drops may contain lubricants. Lubricants help protect the eyes from more irritation and dryness.[/h]
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetryzoline
Tetryzoline
(INN;[SUP][1][/SUP] also known as tetrahydrozoline), a derivative of imidazoline, is found in over-the-counter eye drops and nasal sprays. Other derivatives include naphazoline, oxymetazoline, and xylometazoline.

Tetrahydrozoline is an alpha agonist and its main mechanism of action is the constriction of conjunctival blood vessels.[SUP][2][/SUP] This serves to relieve the redness of the eye caused by minor ocular irritants.
An urban legend suggests that tetrahydrozoline can cause violent diarrhea if administered orally, such as by putting a few drops of Visine in an unsuspecting person's beverage. However, the actual results of the prank may be worse, varying from severe nausea and vomiting to seizures or a coma. Diarrhea is not a side effect.[SUP][[/SUP]

Yikes. Poor babies.

I wish the terms of release also included a prohibition of her working in food service. What's to stop her from working in a fast food restaurant and poisoning someone's Happy Meal?

I sadly know two mothers who's children were affected.
Very sad day. She really needs to be behind bars or a mental facility. Imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a nut bar. Not remorseful. Only a matter of time. Get her back in the slammer!

nothing but jail will stop her IMO - she's going to find a way to hurt more unsuspecting people ... it won't be as easy for her (having vulnerable kids in her care) but she'll find a way JMO

I wish the terms of release also included a prohibition of her working in food service. What's to stop her from working in a fast food restaurant and poisoning someone's Happy Meal?

She didn't kill them. She just poisoned them, routinely, for 3 or 4 years...:eek:

I still think 4 years in jail is not long enough.

Oh ok. 'THAT'S ALL. Proceed on then,,,, nothing here to see... (not saying this to OP but to whomever thinks this warrants a paltry few years..)

Quite the " friend ", hate to think of how she treats enemies! imo.rbbm.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3624879/mother-speaks-out-christine-allen/
July 25, 2017
Updated: July 25, 2017 9:52 pm
‘I think it’s disgusting’: Mother of child poisoned by Ontario woman upset by her release

The mother of Baby M said she used to be close friends with Allen, before finding out about the poisoning.

“Basically, I went into labour and I asked my good friend (Allen) to be there and my husband and I had [Baby M] and [Allen] ended up poisoning her moments after birth,” Baby M’s mother said, adding Baby M subsequently experienced a low heart rate and seizures.
“She continued to do it for about four months in hospital and a few other times out of hospital.”

Baby M also had periods of no eyesight, loss of hearing and difficulty breathing.

The mother said Baby M experienced health scares after Allen visited.

Baby M’s mother said her daughter is now five years old, but has suffered brain damage that has affected her speech. She is also at risk of having a stroke at any time.

“She has a lot of limitations. She is in the sixth percentile to her peers,” Baby M’s mother said

I hope people are keeping an eye on her every move. Have mercy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back