The Globe

trixie

Former Member
Reaction score
I was at my moms today and she handed me what I assume is the latest edition of the tabloid The Globe. I read the Jonbenet article and it did contain some new news. Am I missing a post about this somewhere? The new news was something about a "mysterious cassette tape" sent in to the new investigator. Also a weaving loom and letter sent to him by someone. There was one more thing but I can't remember it now. This was apparently an interview given by the new investigater. (I can't remeber his name right now.)I hope he's more into interviews than the others have been in the past. He says he's very interested in these things that were sent in. He also says he wants to talk to the Ramseys again. Has anybody seen this article?

trixie said:
I was at my moms today and she handed me what I assume is the latest edition of the tabloid The Globe. I read the Jonbenet article and it did contain some new news. Am I missing a post about this somewhere? The new news was something about a "mysterious cassette tape" sent in to the new investigator. Also a weaving loom and letter sent to him by someone. There was one more thing but I can't remember it now. This was apparently an interview given by the new investigater. (I can't remeber his name right now.)I hope he's more into interviews than the others have been in the past. He says he's very interested in these things that were sent in. He also says he wants to talk to the Ramseys again. Has anybody seen this article?
No...I have not seen it. If you get any more details please post them. :eek:

These are the only online links I can find:

Both say the same thing, and are one liners, might be a retread of old news:

"NEW key evidence... NEW chief investigator... JonBenet Breakthrough! New letter, tape and DNA lead to real killer" (Globe)

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/13541775.htm
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/living/13541294.htm

=======================
Also is this a JonBenet item?

Up Next
(CBS) Saturday, Jan. 7, 10 p.m. ET/PT

The Girl Next Door
A cop and a town are haunted by the murder of a beautiful young girl. Correspondent Harold Dow reports.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/48hours/main22761.shtml

The Globe of 1/9/06 features a large picture of JonBenet on its cover and a huge banner that says "JonBenet Breakthrough". It appears to be hype.

The article has a byline by Paul Bannister and states there are five new clues that point to the strangler.

Jim Kolar, now in charge of the investigation, says that a mysterious cassette tape was sent to investigators -- but he doesn't say anything about what was on the tape.

Kolar also said that a handwritten letter with details of the case had been sent to him -- but failed to disclose what it said.

He stated that a small weaver's loom that was used to make oven mitts was also sent in -- but did not state its significance to the case.

It's unclear from the article what the other two items of evidence are, except Kolar says the DNA from the panties is checked weekly in CODIS in an effort to find a match, and he wants to personally interview John and Patsy Ramsey (wouldn't we all).

BlueCrab

Thank you Bluecrab! I hadn't seen one at any stores I've been in and I read through it quickly at my moms. So, no thoughts on any of these things?

Some thoughts on the weaving loom...

Quite awhile back I read either a rumor, or an individual person's speculation, that the so-called 'stun gun marks' on JonBenet's body may actually be bruising from a struggle that occurred in JonBenet's bedroom.

The speculator continued by stating that the 'hair ties' on JonBenet's bedroom floor were actually stretchy fabric circles that kiddos use with a small, plastic, usually red weaving loom to make potholders. Remember those, girls!?! The square loom frame sits on the floor or table and the fabric circles are stretched between little plastic spikes that rise up from the square frame. The speculator explained that if a person was pushed up against a portion of the loom, in the midst of a struggle, it would leave marks similar to those found on JonBenet's body.

I haven't ever searched to see if a small loom shows in any of the bedroom photos, but think I recall seeing pictures of the 'hair ties' or 'fabric circles' on the floor. Anyone else recall?

Unfortunately I read this rumor / speculation long ago and don't know where I found it. Perhaps this is what the Globe article is referring to?!?

Cupiedoo

P.S. ~ I so appreciate reading everyone's insightful comments regarding this sad and frustrating case. One can only hope that sometime, somehow, a rightful conviction will be handed down and justice will be served.

BlueCrab said:
he wants to personally interview John and Patsy Ramsey (wouldn't we all). BlueCrab

What would be keeping him from interviewing them now? (well, except for their attorneys) If the case is still open (and it is) then, why would he not just interview them?

Cupiedoo said:
Some thoughts on the weaving loom...

Quite awhile back I read either a rumor, or an individual person's speculation, that the so-called 'stun gun marks' on JonBenet's body may actually be bruising from a struggle that occurred in JonBenet's bedroom.

The speculator continued by stating that the 'hair ties' on JonBenet's bedroom floor were actually stretchy fabric circles that kiddos use with a small, plastic, usually red weaving loom to make potholders. Remember those, girls!?! The square loom frame sits on the floor or table and the fabric circles are stretched between little plastic spikes that rise up from the square frame. The speculator explained that if a person was pushed up against a portion of the loom, in the midst of a struggle, it would leave marks similar to those found on JonBenet's body.

I haven't ever searched to see if a small loom shows in any of the bedroom photos, but think I recall seeing pictures of the 'hair ties' or 'fabric circles' on the floor. Anyone else recall?

Unfortunately I read this rumor / speculation long ago and don't know where I found it. Perhaps this is what the Globe article is referring to?!?
Cupiedoo

I remember this being discussed here a few years ago. A poster here thought that a weaving loom was involved. Maybe he/she sent one in?

Nehemiah said:
I remember this being discussed here a few years ago. A poster here thought that a weaving loom was involved. Maybe he/she sent one in?
I think the poster who thought that (Ruthee) has been dead for a few years.

Nehemiah said:
What would be keeping him from interviewing them now? (well, except for their attorneys) If the case is still open (and it is) then, why would he not just interview them?

Please don't quote me on this,but when Kolar first appeared on the scene,I thought I read that at that time it was mentioned that he would like to talk to the Ramsey's,but Patsy was pretty ill,and he didn't think the time was appropriate,or something to that effect.

I don't think JR or Patsy killed JonBenet,but personally,I think an interview with them would be very interesting,but I don't think it would accomplish much.I think there would be a lot of "so much time as gone by,I can't remember",and "through the years I've been ill,so it's so hard to remember",that the interview would go no where. It would be interesting though.

I would REALLY be interested in hearing from Burke.

Doesn't it say somewhere near the end of that article that the Ramseys will be meeting with him? Can you find it?

trixie said:
Doesn't it say somewhere near the end of that article that the Ramseys will be meeting with him? Can you find it?

trixie,

No, it just has a quote from Jim Kolar saying "I would like to talk to JonBenet's parents."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back