Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miners found ALIVE! Hallelujah! (CORRECTION ONE MINER ALIVE)

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!

Thumbs up Miners found ALIVE! Hallelujah! (CORRECTION ONE MINER ALIVE)

This is wonderful! They are being taken to the hospital! All TWELVE found alive. Halelujah! Helelujah! Haleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lujah. What a great start to the New Year..Thank be to God!

Only 1

Unfortunately, it was a "miscommunication". What a terrible double-whammy for the families.

I Know Its Horrible!!!

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    It's dark as a dungeon and damp
    as the dew,
    Where the danger is double and
    pleasures are few,
    Where the rain never falls and
    the sun never shines,
    It's dark as a dungeon way down
    in the mine.
    ---Merle Travis, "Dark as a Dungeon"

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

do we now have a double tragedy? the deaths of all but one and the false hopes that were raised by the miscommunication. i picked up the paper this morning and saw a headline that 12 were alive! i came directly here to rejoice with fellow posters from yesterday, i felt bad for the one family and that the other 12 had a miracle. now i see it is really the other way around.

prayers going out to the survivor in critical condition and of course those who have lost a loved one.

Well, the person who is critical might not recover properly. If you don't get proper air to your brain for a period of time there is damage.

I'm not sure if you can recover from serious carbon monoxide poisoning, does anyone know?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    CO2 poisoning can be reversed - IF caught in time, but can do damage to organs that require a lot of oxygen - i.e., heart and brain.

We will just have to wait and see at this point......

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

My prayers to this young man who survived... and to the families of those who did not.....

such a tragic accident and loss of lives.
    /

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

This is so heartbreaking. I'm watching FoxNews and they are showing the celebration from last night. How incredibly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    Well, the person who is critical might not recover properly. If you don't get proper air to your brain for a period of time there is damage.

I'm not sure if you can recover from serious carbon monoxide poisoning, does anyone know?
    His father in law said test results came back negative for carbon monoxide in his system. I am praying he recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl
    His father in law said test results came back negative for carbon monoxide in his system. I am praying he recovers.
    I think that was the information given by the first hospital. I got the impression they really weren't equipped to do all the tests necessary. A doctor CNN interviewed said test for co2 can be difficult and elusive.

I just heard on Fox that co2 was detected

I heard the interview on Fox radio with the physician. He clearly stated that carbon monoxide was not detected at the time of the blood test. We may never know the right answers to any of this.

I'm hesitant to believe anything the press says. If they can get such a mind-blowing fact wrong, I just don't know what to think.

I was about to go to bed at midnight but saw the news of the 12 found alive on CNN. I stayed up until 2am hoping to be able to see them coming out. I fell asleep on the couch waiting it out and then woke up to the news that only the one had survived. What a tragedy. the families are very emotional and angry and lashing out for being misled. I don't blame them and they are certainly not in an emotional state to be expected to understand how the misinformation came about. I am sure it was not intentional. Probably the result of eager individuals wanting to be the first to make a welcomed announcement. It is impossible to keep things contained anymore with cell phones and email. One bad rumor and it spreads like wildfire. Very sad.

I wouldn't believe anything the Drs or hospital told me if I was the family. Looks to me like the Co is trying to cover there own butts........I'd be insisting on hiring my own Drs etc etc he'd be outta that neck of the woods........jmo

Quote Originally Posted by cheko1
    I wouldn't believe anything the Drs or hospital told me if I was the family. Looks to me like the Co is trying to cover there own butts........I'd be insisting on hiring my own Drs etc etc he'd be outta that neck of the woods........jmo
    Really? Where do you see that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    I think that was the information given by the first hospital. I got the impression they really weren't equipped to do all the tests necessary. A doctor CNN interviewed said test for co2 can be difficult and elusive.

There's so much going on....I'm now confused...carbon dioxide????

I did hear no carbon monoxide has been detected. I am praying this is true, although it would seem impossible with the levels being so high. I pray we get to hear the lone survivors story.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ

The press conference I heard between 8 and 8:15 am EST today on Fox Radio was with Dr. Lawrence Roberts at West Virginia University's Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown. That is where McCloy was transferred to during the night from St. Joe's hospital locally around the mine. Dr. Roberts confirmed that no carbon monoxide was detected.

And just to clarify some earlier posts.....the symbol for carbon monoxide is CO. CO2 is carbon dioxide, which is not involved here.

This is truly a sad story. Lot of hearts and hopes broken in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think anyone deserves to have a finger pointed at them. I was wide awake this morning when the news was changed to only one survivor and it seems it was an honest, but horrible, mistake.

I don't see any reason to question the doctors in this. Dr. Susan Long at St. Joe's repeated over and over in her press conference about 3 am that she operated in a very small hospital, their goal was to stabilize this man and get him to Ruby Mem. in Morgantown as quickly as possible. At no point did she lead people to believe that she could give a complete diagnosis on his condition. She was honest too that she wasn't sure about the carbon monoxide. He is doing much better according to a radio news report I just heard.

I'm in WV, about 2 hours away from this tragedy, the daughter and sister of coal miners. It is a dangerous job and to point the finger at the coal operator at this point means that someone expected him to play God. Wouldn't that have been nice if he could??

Quote Originally Posted by LButler
    This is truly a sad story. Lot of hearts and hopes broken in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think anyone deserves to have a finger pointed at them. I was wide awake this morning when the news was changed to only one survivor and it seems it was an honest, but horrible, mistake.

I don't see any reason to question the doctors in this. Dr. Susan Long at St. Joe's repeated over and over in her press conference about 3 am that she operated in a very small hospital, their goal was to stabilize this man and get him to Ruby Mem. in Morgantown as quickly as possible. At no point did she lead people to believe that she could give a complete diagnosis on his condition. She was honest too that she wasn't sure about the carbon monoxide. He is doing much better according to a radio news report I just heard.

I'm in WV, about 2 hours away from this tragedy, the daughter and sister of coal miners. It is a dangerous job and to point the finger at the coal operator at this point means that someone expected him to play God. Wouldn't that have been nice if he could??
    Excellent post.

I agree with Les - EXCELLENT post!!

This is a great post.

My heart goes out to the families that have lost their loved ones and the one survivor is in my prayers. This is just a horrible, horrible tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmerty_Jones
    This is wonderful! They are being taken to the hospital! All TWELVE found alive. Halelujah! Helelujah! Haleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lujah. What a great start to the New Year..Thank be to God!
    Schmerty, my thoughts were the same as yours! This time last year they were still tallying up the dead from the tsunami, I told my daughter this is a great way to start the new year. I dozed off waiting, wondering why 45 minutes had passed since the first ambulance had departed & no others. I awoke about 2:45am & wanted to kick my tv screen in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast