1034 users online (228 members and 806 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2017.07.26 - Trump announces ban on transgender service members in military

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-an...itary-twitter/

Trump announces ban on transgender service members in military

July 26, 2017, 9:22 AM

President Trump announced in a Wednesday morning tweet that transgender people will not be allowed to serve in "any capacity" in the United States military.
    In a series of tweets, Mr. Trump announced the new policy after what he called "consultation with my generals and military experts."
    []

From the same link:
    The ban comes after military chiefs announced last month that they would seek a six-month delay before letting transgender people enlist in their services.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/26/u...-military.html
    Trump Says That Transgender People Will Not Be Allowed in the Military
    JULY 26, 2017
    […]
    “After consultation with my generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. military,” Mr. Trump wrote. “Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail.”
    […]

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ve-in-military
    Trump Says Transgender People Can't Serve In Military
    July 26, 2017 - 9:25 AM ET
    […]
    It's not immediately clear how Trump intends to carry out this ban. Transgender people already serve in the military.
    […]

Cramming the sands of time back up into the hourglass, I see.

Obserd. Just heard about this and it put a bunch of dots together for me.

HOw he fools ya all. Here is what he does. As he heads closer to the exit door, every couple of weeks he will throw out something that he shouted about during the campaign.

So he will toss it out into news cycle- makes a couple of rounds and then goes back to Russia.

Then in a couple of weeks he throw it back into the news cycle in the context of I have banned Tran gendered in our military- and supporters eat hook line and speaker.

And then a couple of weeks pass and supporters believe our man has lived his campaign promises.

This is a giant democracy. A Tweet does not change democracies. Thank god.

HIs base tends to have issues with diversity - so this one will make a lot of supporters "feel " all good and warm.

In reality its another nothing burger. What is everyone gonna go running around pulling people everyone's pants or dresses down?

Changes like this (regulations wise takes years) look how long don't ask don't tell took to formally be abolished.

It is disgusting and pathetic that anyone wants to address this while the N Korena midget is prepping for another launch.

He has got ya all so fooled

You believe the wall is happening? Where is the bill funding it?

You think people from those randomly selected countries based on nothing but hysteria- are not rightfully so entering our country?

You think all these regualrions have been pulled back-- share one please. TIA

Supporters think coal miners are lining up for all these new jobs? Picture of this line pls.

|Repealing Obamacare we know how that is rolling along- whatever happens the next 48 hrs is meaningless-- they are looking at another 2 and half years for anything to get down to the public

He is playing ya all he has done nothing he has told everyone he would do when Putin altered the electoral college to get him in.

If it were me I would be angry I do not like being taken and lied to it but that is just me

Transgender people in the military have done more for the safety of this country than Dump ever could, the draft dodging coward.

Veteran here. I happily served next to people from all walks of life, including LGBTQ+. Turns out they're humans who like... are capable of performing the same tasks as cis hetero people? Weird right?

This is ****ing absurd.

Set the scene:

Guns are blazing, Helicopters hovering about. Limbs are flying. Enter a general (know nothing about all the military like names like gerneral first something whatever) but

" General, look out a bullet is coming your way -- drop tro are you transgendered? Get out

Oi Vi

Its a perfect one for supporters back here! How exactly is Billy Bee Bob in Alabama gonna know if his president found a bunch of transgendered folks all over the planet and remove them from service>

Let's just forget the ignorant belief systems related to , in the middle of N Korea to even bring this up .

You can't just declare a class of people of anything - see the ban --- the courts are not doing this.

It is a voluntary force - he is fooling all folks who have concerns about this non issue

He is such a pig

The most fascinating human I have ever encountered is trans

This was about 30 years ago.Born male. Fell in love with a female. Married. He proceeded with the full change and they remain together and happy and in love and enjoy sex with one another -- pretty neat huh!!

pause here and think how neat a love that is huh!

Last edited by CARIIS; 07-26-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Ironically, on this day in 1948, Truman issued an executive order to end segregation in the military.

https://www.trumanlibrary.org/annive...desegblurb.htm

Trump to ban transgender people from all military service

Under the policy set by then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter, transgender troops also receive coverage for any treatment deemed medically necessary by their doctors, including surgery and hormone therapy.

That step left a decision for Defense Secretary James Mattis to make a decision on whether to allow new transgender troops to enter the military.

...But under the policy Carter crafted, transgender recruits weren’t allowed to enlist pending the end of a one-year implementation period.

That was supposed to end July 1. But the night before the change was to go into effect, Mattis issued a six-month delay in the policy to study the issue more.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ls-in-military

Seems like an ongoing issue, not something that just appeared under President Trump's administration.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    This "ban" will works its way to the Supreme Court.

Luckily, there are no teeth to enforce this crap.

It's just Dump spewing his usual garbage in an attempt to deflect from other things.

It's just a matter of time before Trump removes all gay and lesbian people from the military as well.

Last edited by bluesneakers; 07-26-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast