GUILTY PA - Anthony Grauber, 38, shot to death, Holmesburg, 3 Jan 2006

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
The mother of five was just days away from opening a day-care center in Holmesburg. She was interviewing parents of potential students, minding construction workers inside the center and looking after her eye-catching home on nearby Rowland Avenue.
And in the middle of it all, she may have snapped. Police said Grauber shot her husband once in the chest as the two argued inside the day-care center at about midnight yesterday.
Anthony Grauber, 38, died shortly before 1 a.m. at Frankford-Torresdale Hospital.
Police arrested Karen Grauber, 38, inside the new pink-and-blue- tinged Tic Tots Nursery Daycare center on Frankford Avenue near Shelmire and charged her with murder and related offenses, said Capt. Michael Costello of the Homicide Unit.
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/13544685.htm

geeze, what in the world is wrong with people??

Again, another one that just "snapped". Everyone thought this couple got along great. Mentioned how well they got along, loving gestures between them. Just incomprehensible.

i know its crazy and to think she was going to open a daycare, goodness......

When this case went to trial, Karen Grauber testified that she was in an abusive relationship. Her testimony may have had an impact on the jury as they convicted her of voluntary manslaughter; a lesser included charge. She was sentenced five to ten years in prison, the mandatory minimum.

The murder has been covered on a couple of programs. The one I watched was filmed awhile ago and at the end it stated that Karen was up for parole in January of 2011. Even if she was denied at the time, I'm assuming she's been released since then.

Apparently she was I just read something his brother wrote in 2012 and it said she was a free woman walking the streets

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back