970 users online (179 members and 791 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Jaylen Laney, 2, shot to death, Charlotte, 2 Jan 2006

The death investigation of a toddler centers around a north Charlotte home on the 6400 of Countryside Drive.

Tuesday police and neighbors still want to know if an innocent two-year-old child was murdered, or was shot as the result of a terrible accident.

“You hear shots out here all the time, you just don't know where it’s coming from,” neighbor Tracey Cabarrus said.

Ten O’clock Monday night, two-year-old Jaylen Laney was with his parents and siblings visiting family inside when a gun went off inside.

A single shot from a handgun struck and killed Jaylen Laney. Police have questioned the boy's parents, Zaron Laney and Keisha Stroud about what happened. 6NEWS found out both have a prior arrest for "inflicting bodily harm" to their child.
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stori....3e382463.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    The death investigation of a toddler centers around a north Charlotte home on the 6400 of Countryside Drive.

Tuesday police and neighbors still want to know if an innocent two-year-old child was murdered, or was shot as the result of a terrible accident.

“You hear shots out here all the time, you just don't know where it’s coming from,” neighbor Tracey Cabarrus said.

Ten O’clock Monday night, two-year-old Jaylen Laney was with his parents and siblings visiting family inside when a gun went off inside.

A single shot from a handgun struck and killed Jaylen Laney. Police have questioned the boy's parents, Zaron Laney and Keisha Stroud about what happened. 6NEWS found out both have a prior arrest for "inflicting bodily harm" to their child.
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stori....3e382463.html
    oh i hate guns, DH and i debate the "gun issue" all the time, i was raised around them since my dad is a hunter but i dont want them around my son, i am so scared of them, accidents happen to often....

Man Arrested In Toddler's Murder; Candlelight Vigil Held

The vigil came just a few hours after police arrested Jarvis Short and charged him with murder in the shooting of Jaylen Laney on Countryside Drive.

More: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/5875582/d...=char&psp=news
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.