GUILTY MI - Noah Johnson, 6 mos, dies of extreme neglect, Wyoming, 17 July 2017 *Arrest*

Renee110

Stop letting criminals off the Hook!
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/26/michigan-mother-charged-with-killing-baby-boy.html

"Lovily Kristine-Anwonette Johnson, 22, of Wyoming, Mich. was charged after the infant died after not being fed for two days. The baby, Noah Johnson, had been left in an apartment with no air conditioning.

Johnson brought the 12-pound child – who was already dead – to a hospital on Wednesday afternoon and was arrested later that day."

6 months old and weighed 12 pounds and poor baby was already decomposing when she took him to the hospital.... must have been really really hot in that unaircondioned apartment.

Wasn't fed for 2 days?!!! Wow and how!!! I could vomit...What can we do to keep these babies alive? So many parents that can't have children but would take them home in a heartbeat..I'm 51 yrs. old and would take them in a second!!! I may not be able to be able to keep up physically, but I could keep them feed, safe, and mostly LOVED and held!! SMH!

Reactions: byo
I have to check out..with Robert Bee and this story, I just can't take any more right now..Good Lord..what has our country come to? Drugs have turned this nation into a hell hole.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/baby-dies-days-apos-strapped-160558743.html

The grandmother, who did not want to be named, said she believed Johnson was mentally ill and “the system failed her”. Emph. mine

Maybe.

But, "The System" didn't get her pregnant twice, and force her to with hold food and water/formula to a baby.
What a selfish, murderous thing. Imo.

RIP, baby Noah !!! :( Poor little guy... he must have cried for a long time !!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/baby-dies-days-apos-strapped-160558743.html

The grandmother, who did not want to be named, said she believed Johnson was mentally ill and “the system failed her”. Emph. mine

Maybe.

But, "The System" didn't get her pregnant twice, and force her to with hold food and water/formula to a baby.
What a selfish, murderous thing. Imo.

RIP, baby Noah !!! :( Poor little guy... he must have cried for a long time !!!

I don't want to victim bash, as I am sure Grandma is devastated. But if she knew that her daughter was mentally ill, and in over her head with 2 pregnancies and no help, .....? Someone needed to step in and make sure these babies were fed and cared for. :rose:

I just deleted an overly long post outlining the circumstances of Noah's death. Instead I'll let y'all read for yourself:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...lovily-johnson-murder-infant-death/512266001/
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...vily-johnson-noah-johnson-homicide/507825001/
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...vily-johnson-noah-johnson-homicide/507825001/

The upshot though is that Johnson admitted to purposely leaving baby Noah alone. I suspect it was for 4 days, not 2 based on reports that his poor body was in an advanced stage of decomp and Johnson admitted only she was caring for him that week.

Blood was found on Noah's genitals and buttocks - possibly from Johnson failing to change his diapers, possibly for other reasons. Both Noah and his sister tested positive for marijuana at birth. A police report from earlier this month states that Johnson left Noah alone in her car while she shopped for DVD's. From the report it seems (IMO) her marijuana habit went much farther than that of a casual smoker.

Johnson appeared not to understand the charges against her yet she was able to request a state-appointed attorney. Both her mother and father were involved in her life yet did nothing to protect their grandchildren.

Sigh. I suspect Johnson will go with a diminished capacity defense but I'm also confident she will be incarcerated - either in jail or an institution. She's a real piece of work. :mad:

Yesterday, a juror was taken to the hospital after she apparently popped a few stitches from surgery just prior to becoming a juror.

Deliberations will resume on Monday.

Murder trial juror sent to hospital

Reactions: byo
There has been some progress in deliberations, which have lasted more than 26 hours over five days. Jurors reached a unanimous decision on one count of child abuse, but are still considering the murder charge.

They were instructed on felony murder, a mandatory life offense, as well as the lesser included charge of second-degree murder, which is punishable by a term of years up to life.

Day five of deliberations wraps up in Lovily Johnson murder trial

After reading this thread and the articles, I don't see how they can't find her guilty of felony murder. jmo

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - After six days of deliberations, a Kent County jury Wednesday morning told the judge it was unable to reach a verdict in the murder trial of Lovily Johnson, a Wyoming mother accused in the neglect death of her son.

Johnson is accused of felony murder and first-degree child abuse in the July, 2017 death of her six-month-old son, who weighed only 12 pounds when he arrived at a Grand Rapids hospital showing signs of decomposition.

Hung jury declared in Lovily Johnson murder trial

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The judge has announced a hung jury in the case of a Wyoming woman accused of leaving her baby to die in a stifling apartment.

The forewoman said Wednesday morning that despite days of deliberations, the jury in the trial of Lovily Johnson was unable to reach a unanimous decision on whether she was guilty of murder and first-degree child abuse in the July 2017 death of her 6-month-old son, Noah.

Judge: Hung jury in Wyoming baby murder trial

wth clip ^

https://twitter.com/ReporterBartonD/status/1039882660858998785

Mother pleads guilty in death of infant son in hot Michigan home | Daily Mail Online

A mother-of-two from Michigan woman charged in the death of her six-month-old son who was left in a car seat in a room without air-conditioning and denied food has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Lovily Johnson, 23, entered the plea Tuesday. As part of an agreement with prosecutors, the woman is expected to get a minimum of 15-25 years in prison when she is sentenced on January 10.

@Jewels53 Didn't know if you had seen this. GUILTY!!

Mother pleads guilty in death of infant son in hot Michigan home | Daily Mail Online

A mother-of-two from Michigan woman charged in the death of her six-month-old son who was left in a car seat in a room without air-conditioning and denied food has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Lovily Johnson, 23, entered the plea Tuesday. As part of an agreement with prosecutors, the woman is expected to get a minimum of 15-25 years in prison when she is sentenced on January 10.

@Jewels53 Didn't know if you had seen this. GUILTY!!
No I hadn't! After the mistrial I am shocked she plead Guilty. I hope she get a harsh sentence for what she did to her beautiful child. Thank You @mistivon for the heads up!

It's too bad the punishment can't fit the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back