769 users online (107 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Tragedy at Ohio state fair, 1 dead, 5 critical on fire ball ride, 26 July 2017

Breaking News- Tragedy at Ohio State Fair, 1 person has died, 5 people are critically injured with life threatening injuries after Fire Ball Ride malfunction.

One person has been killed and another five are fighting for their lives after a ride malfunction at the Ohio State Fair.

A sixth person was also injured, but they are said to be in a stable condition. Social media posts suggest the accident took place on the Fire Ball ride.

Columbus Fire Battalion Chief Steve Martin confirmed the injuries and the death on Wednesday night, WCMH reports."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4nzMvLjpb

IMG_0096.jpg
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

http://fox8.com/2017/07/26/governor-...io-state-fair/

Governor Kasich orders all rides at Ohio State Fair closed after fatal ride accident
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan
    #metoo

Delayed by rain and flooding, amusement ride inspectors from the Ohio Department of Agriculture made up for lost time Monday to guarantee the safety of fairgoers at this year’s Ohio State Fair.

With the 12-day fair opening Wednesday, fairground workers scrambled to set up the final food trailers and rides for one of the nation’s largest fairs.

Inspectors were met with several rain delays and flash flood warnings when they showed up to the Ohio Expo Center last week.

“The rain slowed us down a little bit. Usually a lot of this stuff would be up a lot faster,” but everyone is trying to work safely despite the uncontrollable elements, said Ron Dean, an amusement ride inspector who has been with the Ohio Department of Agriculture for 13 years.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/2017072...-set-up-delays

I found this article interesting. Was the ride put up in a rush?
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Photo of the ride

IMG_0098.JPG

Statement from Governor Kasich

IMG_0099.JPG

I have never trusted the rides at any kind of a "traveling fair" and would never allow my kids to go on anything that wasn't on the ground. I always figured there was too much taking apart and putting together of the rides at these things. Plus there were usually skeezy looking guys who operated the rides.

We were lucky to live in a city that has a beautifully maintained amusement park, Kennywood Park.

So sorry for the victims and families in Ohio.

Warning video of catastrophic ride malfunction at link. Very difficult to watch.

A news reporter tweeted it.

Chris Tye
    Chris Tye @TVTye

DIFFICULT TO WATCH: Video of ride malfunction tonight @OhioStateFair killing 1 and injuring at least 5 more. @wkyc

Ride Malfunctions at the Ohio State Fair
    https://t.co/NLtRiQ51ev?amp=1

The person who has died is an 18 year old male. May he Rest In Peace.

I hadn't heard this on our news yet.... but it really is sad that we can't trust our lives (and our children) to be safe on these things. I do think the taking apart and putting together consantly could be a factor. Sounds like this had to be put together quickly to be on-schedule.

I hate hearing a life has been lost. I hope the rest will be able to fully recover.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

OMG ... the video made the horror come to life. How scary and terrifying for those on the ride and any who saw it happen. It will stay with them forever.
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017

Updated:
    Officials are reporting 7 injured. Of those, 5 are critical and 2 are in stable condition. (1 death)

http://fox8.com/2017/07/26/first-responders-on-way-to-ride-incident-at-ohio-state-fair/
    * *. * * *. *. *. *

This really bothers me. Where i live we have quite a few festivals and fairs with traveling rides and my mom always let me go on them as a kid. Now that I'm a parent I don't take my kids because of these things. Ugh. I know I'm going to have to fight them on it as they get older and it already stresses me out to think about. How sad, I'm so sorry to everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    I have never trusted the rides at any kind of a "traveling fair" and would never allow my kids to go on anything that wasn't on the ground. I always figured there was too much taking apart and putting together of the rides at these things. Plus there were usually skeezy looking guys who operated the rides.

We were lucky to live in a city that has a beautifully maintained amusement park, Kennywood Park.

So sorry for the victims and families in Ohio.
    Just an FYI...the ones are the ground are dangerous too. A girl got her scalp ripped off riding one where I live. It was pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Delayed by rain and flooding, amusement ride inspectors from the Ohio Department of Agriculture made up for lost time Monday to guarantee the safety of fairgoers at this year’s Ohio State Fair.

With the 12-day fair opening Wednesday, fairground workers scrambled to set up the final food trailers and rides for one of the nation’s largest fairs.

Inspectors were met with several rain delays and flash flood warnings when they showed up to the Ohio Expo Center last week.

“The rain slowed us down a little bit. Usually a lot of this stuff would be up a lot faster,” but everyone is trying to work safely despite the uncontrollable elements, said Ron Dean, an amusement ride inspector who has been with the Ohio Department of Agriculture for 13 years.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/2017072...-set-up-delays

I found this article interesting. Was the ride put up in a rush?
    So sad. Not surprised this happened. The state government recently passed a law relaxing regulations on these kinds of inspections. They put it all under the Dept of Agriculture which has no one with enough experience to supervise inspections. So the old inspectors are working for new bosses who don't understand how inspections are done. A lot of people argued against these changes for this reason. They also changed the oversight board to add more members who own amusement parks and ride companies.

Wish I could post a link but my tablet doesn't work well on this. Just search for the article on google. one was published in the Norwalk Reflector on July 10.
    Just a warning. Don't ride on amusement park rides in Ohio until they re regulate and increase inspections. I live here, I won't allow any of my family to ride.
    Last edited by Betty P; 07-27-2017 at 01:38 AM.

I think it is disgraceful the fair is reopening today could they not have closed it for one day as a mark of respect? It will be interesting to see if charges will be filed in the coming days. It is horrendous the tragedy has been filmed I was really hesitant to post it but did so because it helps understand what went wrong. At least it could be used at evidence in court should charges be filed or negligence claims for the person who died and those seriously injured. It's a miracle that several people weren't killed.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    I think it is disgraceful the fair is reopening today could they not have closed it for one day as a mark of respect? It will be interesting to see if charges will be filed in the coming days. It is horrendous the tragedy has been filmed I was really hesitant to post it but did so because it helps understand what went wrong. At least it could be used at evidence in court should charges be filed or negligence claims for the person who died and those seriously injured. It's a miracle that several people weren't killed.
    Didn't they shut down all the rides?

I would be surprised if they shut down the entire fair.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast