1205 users online (263 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghairrules View Post
    This has to stop!!! It's just sickening and heart breaking. I hope his family sues the police department for everything they're worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's fine to say and should be said. But it's the taxpayers that foot that bill. No personal accountability for an officer - and that needs to change imo or nothing will ever improve. Jmo.

Tears. Can you even imagine?

Attorney: Mississippi man shot in back of head by police who were at the wrong house

“It is so troubling to learn that not only this man died but that this man died running away from people who were trespassing on his premises after he was in bed lawfully,” Murray Wells, an attorney representing the family of Ismael Lopez, told reporters.
    “Our conclusion is not a conclusion of the coroner’s office but it is very simple to understand what happened when you look at the physical evidence,” he said. “It couldn’t be any clearer.”

A coroner’s report has not been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Doghairrules View Post
    This has to stop!!! It's just sickening and heart breaking. I hope his family sues the police department for everything they're worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sometimes accidentally post on the wrong threads. But I don't come in shooting. Lol

But seriously. The domestic incident happened earlier in the day between another guy and his wife. So they had plenty of time to make sure to read the house number before approaching this wrong house.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

So many questions. None of this is making sense.

The victim opened the door and had a gun. Why were there shots through the door?

The victim was shot in the back of the head. How do you have such good aim when you're shooting through a closed door?

Did the victim really have a weapon in his hand?

Were the officers wearing bodycams? If not, they should have.

Any dashcam video?

What are innocent people supposed to do to protect themselves from LE in these situations? If LE comes to your door in the middle of the night, check the windows first, don't open the door and call 911? Maybe call another law enforcement agency? Call the FBI? Call your lawyer? Call Homeland Security?

After these stories, I don't think I would go anywhere near the door if LE came knocking in the middle of the night. What if they break down the door anyway (as it looks like they did in this case)? It's terrifying. Innocent citizens have no protection in these situations. If police make a mistake and crash into your house, some innocent person will end up dead.

SMH.
    All statements are my opinion only.

In 1994 I was 9 months pregnant in our home sitting on the couch with my then husband and our almost 2 yr old sleeping upstairs. Suddenly 4 men in black came bursting thru our front door with guns drawn screaming where is Joe? 2 ran up the stairs. I dialled 911 as they made my husband kneel on floor. Then one from upstairs starts yelling wrong house wrong house...
    We were lucky no one was shot or killed. They were police officers of Suffolk county ny whose informant uttered the code word. But the cops went to 1st colonial #8 instead of 2nd colonial #11. It all happened so fast..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by silversurvivor View Post
    In 1994 I was 9 months pregnant in our home sitting on the couch with my then husband and our almost 2 yr old sleeping upstairs. Suddenly 4 men in black came bursting thru our front door with guns drawn screaming where is Joe? 2 ran up the stairs. I dialled 911 as they made my husband kneel on floor. Then one from upstairs starts yelling wrong house wrong house...
    We were lucky no one was shot or killed. They were police officers of Suffolk county ny whose informant uttered the code word. But the cops went to 1st colonial #8 instead of 2nd colonial #11. It all happened so fast..

How terrifying! If that happened today, someone likely would have been shot by LE. They're so much more likely to shoot first and ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    How terrifying! If that happened today, someone likely would have been shot by LE. They're so much more likely to shoot first and ask questions later.
    We were a mixed race couple where another black man had been beaten unconscious by off duty cops and left with long term deficiencies (to this day) as a result because he was dating a white girl. It was scary I was sure I was going to die

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    Before killing someone, it's always best to double check the address. The guy they were looking for lived across the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Tears. Can you even imagine?
    I believe this happens way more than it should. I once got a phone call in the middle of the night from LE demanding I come out .... I had no idea what it was about and there were no police outside. Turns out, they called the wrong number (perhaps the person they wanted had it before me, I don't know). But it was enough to scare the life out of me.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    It should be easy enough to prove whether or not he was holding a gun. Looking at the images of the door though, to me it looks like it was probably closed or mostly closed when they shot him.

And then they put his wife in cuffs?!
    Maybe she took an Ambien and is lucky she is not dead too. This is HORRIFIC . Oooops wrong house. Sorry , lady; we killed your husband and cuffed you for being in your home.

So many questions. None of this is making sense.

The victim opened the door and had a gun. Why were there shots through the door?

The victim was shot in the back of the head. How do you have such good aim when you're shooting through a closed door?

Did the victim really have a weapon in his hand?

Were the officers wearing bodycams? If not, they should have.

Any dashcam video?

What are innocent people supposed to do to protect themselves from LE in these situations? If LE comes to your door in the middle of the night, check the windows first, don't open the door and call 911? Maybe call another law enforcement agency? Call the FBI? Call your lawyer? Call Homeland Security?

After these stories, I don't think I would go anywhere near the door if LE came knocking in the middle of the night. What if they break down the door anyway (as it looks like they did in this case)? It's terrifying. Innocent citizens have no protection in these situations. If police make a mistake and crash into your house, some innocent person will end up dead.

SMH.
    I believe he either opened the door or had it open a little and his dog ran out, they shot his dog, so I think that he closed the door and turned and tried to run up the hall and they fired through the closed door. MO

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    I believe he either opened the door or had it open a little and his dog ran out, they shot his dog, so I think that he closed the door and turned and tried to run up the hall and they fired through the closed door. MO
    Looking at the photos, it's a mobile home. It's not very wide. He would have had turn to run down a hall. The bullet holes also look to be lower on the door. Unless he was very short or on his knees inside, with his back facing the door, there's no way for them to shoot him in the back of the head.

It doesn't add up. There's more to this story.

ETA: His wife also says his only gun was not on him, but in the bedroom at the time he was killed

Wells said Lopez's wife was in the bedroom with Lopez and insists her husband did not have a gun when he walked towards the door. She says a handgun he normally kept in the bedroom was still there after he was shot.

Lawyers believe Mississippi man shot by police was executed

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...729-story.html
    Last edited by Betty P; 07-29-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Looking at the photos, it's a mobile home. It's not very wide. He would have had turn to run down a hall. The bullet holes also look to be lower on the door. Unless he was very short or on his knees inside, with his back facing the door, there's no way for them to shoot him in the back of the head.

Well, I don't know what happened then. I do believe that they shot his dog though. Maybe they shot his dog through the door and then shouldered the door open.

Do trailers have a back door?

ETA: His wife also says his only gun was not on him, but in the bedroom at the time he was killed

Lawyers believe Mississippi man shot by police was executed

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...729-story.html
    If they shot him once and he fell a second (or third) shot could have hit him in the back of the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer17 View Post
    Well, I don't know what happened then. I do believe that they shot his dog though. Maybe they shot his dog through the door and then shouldered the door open.

Do trailers have a back door?
    Some do. I think there's a law about homes always having two exits.

Oh, here:
    § 3280.105 Exit facilities; exterior doors.
    (a)Number and location of exterior doors. Manufactured homes shall have a minimum of two exterior doors located remote from each other.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/24/3280.105

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast