1119 users online (161 members and 958 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OR - Springfield Woman Towed Kids Behind Car, 12 July 2017

Ugh
    "Donohue was towing two of her children, ages two and four. At one point, the children's cousin, an 8-year-old boy, was also in the wagon without his mother's consent."

"'One witness told us that the wagon went up on two wheels..."

"Police say Donohue made several laps through the roundabout, causing a traffic jam."

"McKee says Donohue did not think she did anything wrong.

'"She was just indignant about the situation and didn't see what the big deal was," McKee said. "She told our officer, 'I'm just trying to show my kids a good time.'"'

"Police say Donohue was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol."

<modsnip >But even worse than this...
    This was a very busy traffic circle during rush hour.

And I couldn't manage to bring over the photos and her mug shot but strongly encourage y'all to click and check it out. Yikes. I hope she gets more time than we all know she will.

http://kval.com/news/local/woman-tow...eld-police-say
    Last edited by sillybilly; 07-28-2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: If you can't link it, don't post it.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

5 mph? Couldn't she just pull them? SMH.

This is horrifying.

"One witness told us that the wagon went up on two wheels," McKee said. "And that's when the littlest one started to cry."

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    5 mph? Couldn't she just pull them? SMH.
    Yeah she got up to about 30 which is faster than I go on those roundabousts without kids on a wagon... She's awful! And was sober!!
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

30? A roundabout no less. I am scared of roundabouts. Maybe people who are used to them have no fear

So, not under the influence of anything but stupidity. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    30? A roundabout no less. I am scared of roundabouts. Maybe people who are used to them have no fear
    I have lots of them. You do get more adept, but I still treat them with great caution. Best to assume your fellow drivers are not used to them.

Re: stupid woman. I don't think she could even see the kids, based on the hatch height and the kid height. She would have no idea if the kids were in the wagon, in the road, terrified and crying ~ Just awful.

When a big, two-lane roundabout was installed in my town, I managed to avoid it for about a year because it freaked me out so bad. I'm better now but still frequently have to talk myself through it... "okay you're in the far right lane, and that lane only turns right, so now you're gonna keep right and you made it good job!"

The one this person was in is in a more rural area than some, but is big and people can go pretty fast. Also, because of the cement/brick middle median thing, cars wouldn't be able to see the wagon and children until they were rather close or as she went around before they actually entered the circle.

The indignant attitude is the part which bothered me the most, I think. One would think one would at least pretend to be contrite with officers. I just really hope the legal and child protection systems in this case make sure they read any historical information about this family and consider it as a whole. I haven't been able to find any follow up on this case, and Oregon doesn't have a good repository to search.

This woman is lacking any form of common sense and I almost wish she was impaired somehow in order to explain such a lack in judgement.

I will never forget the 1st time our daughter encountered a roundabout and it goes on the list of moments this child has brought us great laughter. Apparently she could not figure out how the roundabout worked and just kept going in circles. She had to call her Daddy to get out of it...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

I am shocked by this. There is just nothing in this story that makes sense. I hope that child services does everything in their power to see that children should never be in this woman's care.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Found some more articles and follow-up info:

A Eugene woman arrested for towing children behind her car on a city street July 12 has pleaded guilty and been released from custody.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no..._wagon_be.html

A Springfield, Oregon, mom is in jail and facing three counts of reckless endangerment after she took her kids on a joyride recently. The mom, Alana Donahue, was arrested after police received multiple calls from concerned motorists about a woman in a white Ford Taurus pulling a plastic wagon—attached by rope to the car's bumper—around a traffic circle with two small children inside. One concerned caller told police they'd nearly hit the wagon.
    https://mom.me/news/107987-mom-pulls...on-behind-car/

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    This woman is lacking any form of common sense and I almost wish she was impaired somehow in order to explain such a lack in judgement.

I will never forget the 1st time our daughter encountered a roundabout and it goes on the list of moments this child has brought us great laughter. Apparently she could not figure out how the roundabout worked and just kept going in circles. She had to call her Daddy to get out of it...
    And the point of your story is? BTW, just in case, what is your husband's phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    And the point of your story is? BTW, just in case, what is your husband's phone number?
    I think she was just saying roundabouts are scary enough without crazy moms towing their children in wagons?

And yes, can we all call your husband for help with them lol?

BTW this is my favorite roundabout it's gorgeous year round.

Photo is from https://www.google.com/search?q=idah...wb1kQX2WZx__M:

Found a mugshot I could bring

From https://bluelivesmatter.blue/alana-donahue-towing-kids/

]

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    I think she was just saying roundabouts are scary enough without crazy moms towing their children in wagons?

And yes, can we all call your husband for help with them lol?

BTW this is my favorite roundabout it's gorgeous year round.

Photo is from https://www.google.com/search?q=idah...wb1kQX2WZx__M:
    Making a joke that her daughter called her dad to help. I can see me going round and round and round for hours, terrified

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast