1211 users online (205 members and 1006 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    500

    What keeps us here?

    What keeps all of you interested in the JonBenet case? This is a question I have been asked many times by my husband. He just does not understand my interest in the case. Yesterday, when he saw me re-reading "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town," he lost it. I told him it was because noone has ever been charged or arrested, much less convicted, of a little girl's murder. He told me he understood, but it was time to let go. I told him we would never let it go, that someone has to care.

    What keeps you here? Do you think we will ever have answers?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199
    My husband no longer rolls his eyes when I head for the computer, even though it's a given I'm also headed to WS. We have an understanding: He doesn't bug me about my addiction and I don't bug him about his, which is trying to learn how to cook because I'm too busy here to waste my time in the kitchen. lol

    Aside from an ardent hope that the killer will someday be revealed and justice served, I think what keeps me interested in the JonBenet case is believing I know who the killer is, as well as the intriguing sideshows, including the incident in which the gentleman dapper tied John in the crapper, and the time not long ago when Susan Stine tried to pass herself off in emails as Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner. Of course, those are just two of my favorite things. There's also the time Stine stole a reporter's wallet when he was showing her his ID at her front door and she called the cops on him, saying he was a stalker...and the cops handcuffed him and wrestled him to the ground. Then there's the time when, upon spotting a photographer at a street carnival in Charlevoix, John jumped up on a picnic table and screamed at the top of his lungs, "I told you to get your m***** f****** a$$ out of here!" lol There's something in this case for everyone who enjoys a long sojourn into the ridiculous.

  3. #3

    Me too!; my lovely husband is trying to learn to cook...???

    Originally posted by Ivy
    My husband no longer rolls his eyes when I head for the computer, even though it's a given I'm also headed to WS. We have an understanding: He doesn't bug me about my addiction and I don't bug him about his, which is trying to learn how to cook because I'm too busy here to waste my time in the kitchen. lol

    Aside from an ardent hope that the killer will someday be revealed and justice served, I think what keeps me interested in the JonBenet case is believing I know who the killer is, as well as the intriguing sideshows, including the incident in which the gentleman dapper tied John in the crapper, and the time not long ago when Susan Stine tried to pass herself off in emails as Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner. Of course, those are just two of my favorite things. There's also the time Stine stole a reporter's wallet when he was showing her his ID at her front door and she called the cops on him, saying he was a stalker...and the cops handcuffed him and wrestled him to the ground. Then there's the time when, upon spotting a photographer at a street carnival in Charlevoix, John jumped up on a picnic table and screamed at the top of his lungs, "I told you to get your m***** f****** a$$ out of here!" lol There's something in this case for everyone who enjoys a long sojourn into the ridiculous.
    Me too!; my lovely husband is trying to learn to cook...??? ... the keyword is "he's trying!"...on the other mentioned above--I'm not sure but I think I agree FWIW...???:dontknow:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    91
    My doctor asked me what my favorite hobby was last month. I told him I enjoy following the Jonbenet murder case and guess what he told me?

    He said people who follow murder cases are mentally ill and disturbed individuals

  5. #5
    You know... things happen when you least expect it. There might be a breakthrough, there might not.
    Personally I think this case will be solved by a deathbed confession, but until then...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199
    If one of the Rs makes a death bed confession, I'm sure it won't leave the room.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    500
    Originally posted by Shawna
    My doctor asked me what my favorite hobby was last month. I told him I enjoy following the Jonbenet murder case and guess what he told me?

    He said people who follow murder cases are mentally ill and disturbed individuals
    Are you serious? What did you say to him then?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,064
    What keeps us here, IMO, is to find justice for JB. That means that whatever caused her killing, could be used to help ensure that other little girls in JB's position won't meet the same fate.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    91
    Yes he said that to me. I was shocked and horrified.

    My doctor also said if I have problems dealing with Jonbenet's death he can refer me to a psychiatrist

    I told him I do not need psychiatric help but he made me go to a shrink anyway.

    Two weeks later I met with the psychiatrist. He told me I was a wonderful and sane person who does not need psychiatric help

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    500
    Whew, glad to hear you are okay Shawna.
    Why is it so many people seem to have a problem with anyone who reads the internet crime forums? What is the difference in that and reading a mystery book or watching a movie?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    91
    [i]Originally posted by gretchen

    Why is it so many people seem to have a problem with anyone who reads the internet crime forums? What is the difference in that and reading a mystery book or watching a movie?
    I asked myself that question last week. The reason I joined the crime forums online is because none of my friends share the same interests I do. It is nice belonging to an online community where everyone shares the same interests.

    I was lurking on *******'s site and accidentally hit the wrong thread. Now there is a big blank space showing the date. What did I do wrong?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,058
    Originally posted by Shawna
    My doctor also said if I have problems dealing with Jonbenet's death he can refer me to a psychiatrist
    You really should find yourself a new Doctor, Shawna. And be sure to tell this guy that you're switching to a new Doctor because JBR case followers told you to. Maybe next time he'll keep his stupid opinions to himself. Doctors respond best when you kick them in the pocketbook.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,199
    I agree, Shylock. And Shawna, you could also tell your doctor that JB case followers, at least some of them...well, at least one of them...think that people who explore other people's entrails and whatnot for a living are mentally ill and disturbed individuals. lol

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    99

    Ivy

    Originally posted by Ivy
    I agree, Shylock. And Shawna, you could also tell your doctor that JB case followers, at least some of them...well, at least one of them...think that people who explore other people's entrails and whatnot for a living are mentally ill and disturbed individuals. lol
    Now that really got a chuckle out of me !!! ...I'll remember that everytime I see a doctor LOL

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,599
    Shawna, I think you need a new doctor! This is off topic, but when I read your post it reminded me that my dr. referred me to FIVE specialists the last time I visited him. When I told him I wouldn't be going to any of them, he asked me to sign my chart saying that I refused to follow his instructions. Geesh!

    Like most of you, my family and friends roll their eyes when I mention this case. If anything is on the news or in the paper about it, they will call me or email me the information as if I didn't already know about it. I got several calls when this latest info by Wood was released. No one wants to talk about the case with me, and they refuse to read the books, so....here I am and have been since 2000. I don't know what sparked my interest but I have a desire, like all of us, to see the case solved and justice served.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast