01-04-2006, 07:21 PM #1Former member
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
AL - Tuscaloosa Co., WhtFem 108UFAL, 34-38, near Sipsey River, Apr'82
# Unidentified White Female Located April 18, 1982 on the banks of the Sipsy River in rural Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
# Cause of death is strangulation. The victim was severely beaten.
# Estimated date of death is within a day.
* Estimated age: 35 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 110 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black/dark brown, shoulder length hair; brown eyes. Somewhat ruddy complexion. Scar over right eye, beneath eybrow. Her ears were not pierced. She did not use nailpolish, or regularly file her nails.
* Dentals: Available. She wore a partial upper denture plate. The partial denture replaced the upper right central and lateral incisor teeth.
* Clothing: She was wearing a Preppy button-up, long-sleeved light blue shirt; blue knit pants with an elastic waistband; a white bra; white panties; and size seven grey tennis shoes.
* Other: There is evidence of a prior pregnancy. She had done manual labor. Fingerprints are on file.
This unidentified female was located in April 1982 in Slughter Creek on the banks of the Sipsy River in rural Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. She was she was sexually assaulted, strangled and severly beaten. Investigators believe the victim was possibly fishing in the area at the time of the attack, based on what she was wearing.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-25-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: removed pics
01-04-2006, 07:40 PM #2Former member
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
I'm not saying this is her as there is too little/confusing information to go on. Reasons/problems with description:
1. I think the sketch resembles Robin.
2. There is an earring on Robin's ear in the pic. Jane Doe doesn't have pierced ears. Is it possible the earring is a clip on?
3. Jane Doe was found in April, Robin was reported to have been seen in May. On the Charley Project site they say she is also listed as missing since July.
4. Eyes color, hair color and weight match.
5. Robin was 28, Jane Doe was estimated to be 35.
6. There is no other identifying information about Robin, such as any children, dental information, etc..
7. Height of 5' 10" listed on the Doe network for Robin - 5'4" for Jane Doe. I don't know where the Doe Network got the height information. The Sherrif's site referenced on the Doe Network lists N/A for height and weight. The other source, The Florida Department of Law Enforcement would not load for me. 5' 10" is possible, but that would be a very tall woman.
Note: The Charley Project also lists 5'10". Where did this info come from?
Robin S. Marlow
Missing since May 13, 1982 from Broward County, Florida.
* Date Of Birth: February 23, 1954
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 110 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Marlow was last seen in Broward County, FL on May 13, 1982.
Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 02-06-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: removed pics
11-25-2011, 07:38 PM #3
11-25-2011, 07:47 PM #4
There's a postmortem photo available for this Jane Doe, though her face is distorted from postmortem effects.
WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
I'd say she looks reasonably close to Alma O'Con.
Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.
11-25-2011, 07:52 PM #5
Thanks, Carl. I wish Alma's photo wasn't so grainy...and that we could see her ears.
11-26-2011, 09:07 PM #6
Alma looks similar to me but her Date LKA was almost a complete year later. It may be possible if she was living on the streets for a year which may explain why she was out fishing alone (???) Maybe it was more for sustenance then enjoyment. The circumstances of Alma's disappearance are strange though and I wouldn't imagine someone leaving the hospital after being admitted for stress, living on the streets but you never know. Maybe that was her way of leaving her stress behind?
11-27-2011, 12:01 AM #7Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Northeast USA
I've never seen the surname O'Con before. if you google "Alma O'Con" one of the matches is for a high school in Shreveport, LA listing an Alma O'Con Breedlove in the memorial section.
a person graduating in 1964 would have been born around 1946 and Alma O'Con was listed as being about 35 y.o. in 1981 which is consistent. now assuming they are one in the same, she might have been declared dead and that's why she is listed on the memorial page, but the last name Breedlove is not in the MP profile on Namus.
perhaps is someone contacted thewebmaster for the HS page they might be able to shed some light on this.
11-27-2011, 12:20 AM #8
One of the websites that had a profile of Alma stated that she was at a veteran's hospital. Which would make me wonder if her father had been a vet, or her husband. I suppose it's possible she served in some capacity as well, I don't know much about the roles of women in the military back then. Military marriages after someone has been in combat certainly face stressors. Perhaps her marriage broke down and she returned to her maiden name? Perhaps that's why she felt stressed and exausted? I don't know just (wildly) speculating here. Because I agree that seems like an uncommon name.
I wasn't thinking of someone necessarily homeless. I wondered if she just decided she needed a change of scenery and took off. We don't know what sort of financial means she had at her disposal, but it would have been much easier in those days.
11-27-2011, 12:20 AM #9
I wonder if it is just a truncation of the name O'Connor, or O'Connell
11-27-2011, 12:31 AM #10
I thought of that too, Carl. In the US, Rootsweb shows this surname existing almost exclusively in Texas and Louisiana from what I can tell. However I do find O'Con's in Ireland. Not many, but it does exist there.
01-03-2012, 12:39 AM #11
I may call Helen Bouzon tomorrow about another case (Faye Self) and while I have her on the phone I'll try to remember to ask if she can see what Alma's dentals are.
03-25-2012, 04:03 PM #12
09-01-2013, 02:30 AM #13
I'm squarely in the Alma camp on this one -- the dark hair, the right age/height/weight, her slightly unkempt appearance (from a year living on the fringe?), and being an unknown in the area. Tuscaloosa County is a straight shot up I-20 from Shreveport; maybe she hitched a ride with a trucker?
Does anyone know if Alma was ever submitted as a possible match? If so, was there any response? Unfortunately, this UID has not been entered into NamUs, so there's no rule-out list to look at.
11-21-2013, 03:05 PM #14
Tuscaloosa Homicide exhumes body of unknown woman found in Slaughter Creek 31 years ago
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...k-31-years-agoNo temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)
We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.
11-22-2013, 01:22 AM #15Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2013
2 More Links
"1982 Murder Victim's Body Exhumed Thursday in Tuscaloosa County"
An article about the formation of the Tuscaloosa Cold Case Unit in May of 2012:
By CarlK90245 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 56Last Post: 01-27-2017, 02:36 PM
By JupiterAmmon in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 11Last Post: 06-24-2016, 09:50 PM
By JayFletcher6493 in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 4Last Post: 04-25-2016, 09:26 PM
By moochopper in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-2015, 01:21 PM
By Rommelain in forum Cold CasesReplies: 4Last Post: 12-02-2013, 11:15 PM