Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Police seek missing man after vehicle found 'under suspicious circumstances

American Fork police said Paul Heiner Swenson, 30, was last seen at about 3 p.m. at his home after he took his family’s black 2016 BMW X6 four-door sedan to leave for an appointment in Salt Lake County. Police said it is possible he was suffering from a medical condition when he left.

His family was able to determine Swenson was in the area of 4700 South and 900 East in Murray at one point Thursday night, but Swenson’s cellphone has been turned off and he has not been heard from since, police said.
https://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=4...-vehicle-found-under-suspicious-circumstances

Swenson left for appointment in Salt Lake County driving a black, 4 door BMW X6 but he never arrived.

Police say they found the BMW "under suspicious circumstances" near Parkview Elementary in Salt Lake City early Friday morning.

American Fork Police Department
He is described as White with red hair and hazel eyes. His hair is short on the sides and longer on top. He is 6 feet tall and weight about 190 pounds. He was last seen wearing a heather-gray short sleeve shirt, black jean pants, and black Converse shoes. He has a “half-sleeve” of tattoos on his right arm.
http://www.good4utah.com/news/local...icle-of-missing-man-no-trace-of-him/777336107

78365c24-fd82-4163-9e81-b545b4a14199-large16x9_2.png

(KUTV) The American Fork Police Department is currently searching for 30-year-old Paul Heiner Swenson, who went missing Thursday evening.

Swenson was last seen around 3:00 P.M. on July 27, at his home in American Fork City. He is believed to have been suffering from a medical condition. Swenson entered a family vehicle and left toward Salt Lake County for an appointment, but did not arrive at the location to which he was traveling.

Swenson’s family was later able to determine that he had been in the area of 4700 South 900 East at one point during the evening of July 27th. Swenson’s cell phone has reportedly been turned off.
http://kutv.com/news/local/man-missing-under-peculiar-circumstances

Paul-Heiner.jpg

The vehicle Swenson was driving a black, four-door, 2016 BMW X6, was found unoccupied early Friday morning near Parkview Elementary, 970 Emery St., in Salt Lake City. Police said the vehicle was found “under suspicious circumstances,” but did not specify what those circumstances were.

Swenson’s family was later able to determine that he had been in the area of 4700 S. 900 East at some time Thursday evening, but his cell phone has reportedly been turned off and police are unable to track him further.
http://gephardtdaily.com/local/amer...man-car-found-under-suspicious-circumstances/

This does not sound good, however if his medical condition/emergency is related to mental health, then I think there is reason for hope that he will be found. <modsnip>. Please let him be safe!

Wondering what "the appointment" was for???

Perhaps it triggered an anxiety attack???

:dunno:

Hi! I'm a local. The 4700 S and 900 E is a walmart to the east and a K mart in addition to a strip mall (with few businesses, and hardly any customers) to the west. It threw me off that he would have an appointment there considering there's not a whole lot going on in that part of the city...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20369813_1708899489416222_6174440625632405173_o.jpg
    20369813_1708899489416222_6174440625632405173_o.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,671
Hi! I'm a local. The 4700 S and 900 E is a walmart to the east and a K mart in addition to a strip mall (with few businesses, and hardly any customers) to the west. It threw me off that he would have an appointment there considering there's not a whole lot going on in that part of the city...

HI- Welcome! Thanks for sharing! Do you know about the neighborhood? Is it mostly new or old residential? Are there hospitals or clinics nearby? Thanks much

:welcome6: CD45

...thanks for joining us!

I hadn't made that connection, that the appointment was at the strip mall...

I'm not sure that is the case...

Does anyone know for sure??? Can anyone confirm???

:thinking:

TIA.

Where are you Paul?!??!

:welcome6: CD45

...thanks for joining us!

I hadn't made that connection, that the appointment was at the strip mall...

I'm not sure that is the case...

Does anyone know for sure??? Can anyone confirm???

:thinking:

TIA.

Where are you Paul?!??!

I've not seen any mention of the exact location of the appointment.

Stock image of his BMW It's more like a small SUV than a sedan. (I've wanted it's predecessor, an X5, they're awesome vehicles)pixlr_20170729194504112.jpgpixlr_20170729194504112.jpg

Yes! I realized after posting that I had made an assumption that that was where the appointment was, and that they had him on security footage. Totally guessing there.

The area he was spotted is a shopping strip close to a wealthy, safe part of the city. There's a hospital on 3900 S and 900 E, and I know there are some mental health and physical therapy clinics around where he was last seen.

The area they found his car is not equally safe. I'm thinking about driving by there in an hour or so to scope out the area. If I go, I can take some pictures and just observe what's around.

<mod snip>

Yes! I realized

The area he was spotted is a shopping strip close to a wealthy, safe part of the city. There's a hospital on 3900 S and 900 E, and I know there are some mental health and physical therapy clinics around where he was last seen.

The area they found his car is not equally safe. I'm thinking about driving by there in an hour or so to scope out the area. If I go, I can take some pictures and just observe what's around.

Thanks...great info. Be safe if you go searching...[emoji2]

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Comments to posts on his find page are extremely concerning. I'm heartsick for his family. Everything I've seen posted about him is that he's a really good, sweet guy. Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to end well, but I'm hoping I'm wrong!

Is there an auto parts store in that area? An O'Reilly's?

Is there an auto parts store in that area? An O'Reilly's?

There's a tire store.

General update--The news has covered it and there are giant search teams looking for Paul. I'm hoping they find him soon. His wife is fairly big on social media, and I've been keeping up with the stream there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back